• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    The one will release at the end of the year is GSC remake and they'll release the DP third installment about mid year. Hey that's what I read, don't get it too serious since the news is still unconfirm!

What's your source? I must know!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    What's your source? I must know!
    Actually I read it from a Chinese magazine... It is titled as 'Your favorite Pokemon RPG games, 3 in a year' and it says that unofficial source said that Nintendo MAY PLAN to release GSC remakes [2 versions], and a DP third installment. BUT since it is unofficial you should not believe it! I think it's more better and reliable IF Nintendo announce it...
    PS. Don't ask me for screenshot and the magazine name, 'cause it is not worth to know since IT IS UNOFFICIAL!!

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    G/S remake will happen one day, but most likely after the 3rd installment of d/p. This could be around 2009/2010 for Japan ( later for others) I'd say, that's the time when people would eventually get bored of Sinnoh and the 3rd installment (which will be most likely the game coming out later this year) and people usually want to hear a announcement for a another pokemon game around then after the previous one has be hinted for 2008.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    G/S remake will happen one day, but most likely after the 3rd installment of d/p. This could be around 2009/2010 for Japan ( later for others) I'd say, that's the time when people would eventually get bored of Sinnoh and the 3rd installment (which will be most likely the game coming out later this year) and people usually want to hear a announcement for a another pokemon game around then after the previous one has be hinted for 2008.
    I can't imagine, I'm still playing Pokemon when I'm 18(year 2010)O~o"

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I can't imagine, I'm still playing Pokemon when I'm 18(year 2010)O~o"

People are still playing Pokemon in their thirties when they got involved with it in their twenties. For example, my cousin continues to play Pokemon games and he has a job, kids, and a family to support.

Lol

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
    I feel that you could look at it from two perspectives.

1) Money: If fans want it that badly (and as far as I'm concerned, Johto was my favorite region) Nintendo is bound to create it because that will make them...money.

2)Need: Red and Blue were remade because it was impossible to "catch 'em all" with just Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. When they created Firered and Leafgreen, they added Johto Pokemon. The same goes for Colosseum and XD. They were made to give trainers the rest of the Johto Pokemon. Therefore there is no need to create a remake of Gold/Silver.

I would love it if Nintendo remade Gold and Silver. And from which perspective do you think Nintendo will take? Money or Need?

P.S. The Answer is money.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I feel that you could look at it from two perspectives.

1) Money: If fans want it that badly (and as far as I'm concerned, Johto was my favorite region) Nintendo is bound to create it because that will make them...money.

2)Need: Red and Blue were remade because it was impossible to "catch 'em all" with just Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. When they created Firered and Leafgreen, they added Johto Pokemon. The same goes for Colosseum and XD. They were made to give trainers the rest of the Johto Pokemon. Therefore there is no need to create a remake of Gold/Silver.

I would love it if Nintendo remade Gold and Silver. And from which perspective do you think Nintendo will take? Money or Need?

P.S. The Answer is money.

That's one way to look at it, although from past experiences it seems as though Nintendo really cares about its gamers, unlike other game companies.

Although they have to please the stockholders as well, you are right in saying that it would make them bundles of cash.

:)

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I dont think we should take XD and Collesium or emerald into consideration. It tkes too much to get tall the jhoto pokemon

Okay so lets add these current findings.
    The Items found by action replay codes
    The ingame Jhoto Location data
    The possible pics of Crystal
    the ingame references to Jhoto and the white rock of Kanto being linked to Shaymins white rock in Sinnoh
    The Boats in Pastoria and the SS ticket
    Mays arrival in the anime coming from Jhoto.

My answer is its to happen soon~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    People are still playing Pokemon in their thirties when they got involved with it in their twenties. For example, my cousin continues to play Pokemon games and he has a job, kids, and a family to support.

Lol
    Lots of my friends say that Pokemon is a 'Guilty Pleasure'... [Anyway we shouldn't get away from the topic...]

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I know I am to but still the chances are slim. Mabye to fill in the gap till the 5th gen after opal but still slim chances we are hitting 2 years for japan.

Pretty sure we're getting the G/S remake before Opal. What you're saying isn't necessarily true, rumors have it that Japan will be getting a new Pokemon game(s) at this end of this year. We are due for a Puzzle/Collo. game to fill in that gap, and who knows after that?

simplynaruto

Banned
    Years
    No the one at the end of the year is opal or the g/s remake. I mean why put all the main rpgs in a list with a big 2008 question mark for it to be a puzzle or collo. I mean its obviously opal.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No the one at the end of the year is opal or the g/s remake. I mean why put all the main rpgs in a list with a big 2008 question mark for it to be a puzzle or collo. I mean its obviously opal.
    Traditionally speaking, Nintendo has only made a remake directly after the original(s) once ( Pokemon Yellow ).

Emerald came after Firered and Leafgreen, which came after Ruby and Sapphire.

If you can come up with one solid reason why Nintendo would make a remake directly after they released the original(s) only a year ago.

We're due for a few games inbetween, and hopefully a G/S remake fits perfectly in.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Traditionally speaking, Nintendo has only made a remake directly after the original(s) once ( Pokemon Yellow ).

Emerald came after Firered and Leafgreen, which came after Ruby and Sapphire.

If you can come up with one solid reason why Nintendo would make a remake directly after they released the original(s) only a year ago.

We're due for a few games inbetween, and hopefully a G/S remake fits perfectly in.

I totally agree. I doubt Opal (Or whatever it'll be called then) will be released before G/S Remake.
    And the thing with yellow was that they had no other way because if the would have releasedd G/S first then all had wanted that there are Johto Pokémon in which wasn't possible because then Yellow would be kinda G/S with R/B which wouldn't really match

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    What is the topic now, we dont know when so I think we should fit in all of the key evidence we have. I think the possible new shaymin or is that that would be found in kanto at the Identical white rock that would be in a GS remake

Years
    In Sinnoh Proffesor Oak says that the white rock has a correspondent in Kanto.No such rock has been found in 3rd gen Kanto.Also,we got to that event using cheating devices/Pokesav.Seeing as the movie that features Shaymin is coming,and the possible games are 3rd D/P or G/S remake,maybe in the remake after we beat the game/in an event Oak will give us a letter (Oak's letter anyone?) to catalize the event there and they also put the item in D/P,so it doesn't appear as a glitch or something.But would Nintendo do that?I mean,would they give us 2 legendaries using only one event?No one thought that we should do the Shaymin event in G/S remake Kanto.Also,I have an Ipothese(sp?):They put the Red chain and the Heat rock so D/P will be compatible with the third version,and they put Contest pass and S.S. Ticket for G/S remake.Contest pass would be used for contests that would be new to Johto region and S.S. Ticket for S.S. Aqua.Also the Johto Apricorn balls which are present in D/P may have been there for transferring Pokemon issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back