• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A game series that...um...doesnt deserve to live.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    For me, I think it would have to be the Crash Bandicoot series. I LOVED the games when Naughty Dog were still making them, but they really dropped in quality after they sold the rights (or lost or whatever, I don't recall the story there). Anyways, there were still a few gems, but the majority of them weren't even a little bit good and I think it's one of those series that unfortunately has ran its course, if it hasn't already ended. I don't see Crash returning to prominence unless Naughty Dog can ever get the rights back.

This ^ I LOVED crash bandicoot but then it just changed to much for me.

Also Spyro. I loved Spyro as well, and I even liked the ps2 games, like new begining. But I think it would have been fine without a seqeul. It just didn't have the spyro feel to it. But I'll always prefer the classic ones. (even if my memory card won't work with my ps2 and I can't save). I hate the handheld games.

I'm new to zelda, but I think I'd rather them put new games on home systems rather then the ds, just personal perferance But it's still an amazing game.

And pokemon mystery dungeon. I like them but they're basically the same.

I'm not sure I want the main pokemon games to die, but I atleast want them to slow down a bit, or have more plot. They're also basically the same. But of course i love them and would probably cry if it died.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I also have to agree with Hiiro on the movies based on movies. Back to the Future on the NES was
    ABSOLUTELY DAMN HORRIBLE
    The point of the game was to skate around on a skateboard collecting clocks while tring to not hit things, and the collection detection was really bad. What does having to collect clocks have to do with the movie!!!??? Then, the next part was when you were at a bar, and this guy, that seemed to clone himself, kept coming at you. And throwing was hard- get it just right, or you go back to skateboarding. That game should burn in hell.

Another game that I think should die is Action 51 on the NES. That game is literally a disgrace to Nintendo. It promises 51 action-packed games that will make you come back for more. If that were true, you would be living in the 16th century for that to be true. Half the games don't work, the cartridge smells like burning plastic after a while of playing, 50% of the games are generic space shooters, and some of the games don't even work, crashing on load, or at certain parts. There are some games on there, in which they are a side scroller, and require you to jump over obstacles. Wanna know ow to jump? No, not "Jump" and "Side" at the same time, you have to jump, then press side. Or else you will go straight up and down. Yes, it's that bad. And some of them are so bad, like a war game, that even if tanks are shooting at you, YOU DON'T DIE! EVER! Poor character design, lack of design, poor controls, and you want to know how much this piece of junk sold for? 200 BUCKS!!!

You kinda like...just quoted AVGN, haha. Action 52, btw. And they don't even make those anymore anyway...not since 1995, iirc. So don't worry, I think those games have been put to rest for quite a long time.

Anyway, gonna add to my list and say Guitar Hero/Rock Band. They were fun around the time they came out, and it was cool to play on expert. But now, it's just...lame. And no one really cares if you can play Through the Fire and Flames on expert anymore. It's kinda nerdy now, and not the sexy kind. :(

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    Whoever said Monster Rancher should be ashamed of theirselves. That is an epic series that just gets better with age >_>

Anyway, if there is a series that I want to die, I am going to say Sonic. Whatever happened to the days of blasting through Green Hill Zone in under a minute? I miss that D=

Also Final Fantasy because it totally overshadows the Dragon Quest series

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't see the hate on Guitar Hero games. They release music as DLC and usually make another game in the franchise in order to improve on the controls. I don't remember slider gems being in Guitar Hero 1, 2, or 3. Personally, I see little problem with it, especially if they give it the Rock Band treatment and make actual guitars(and keyboards too iirc) compatible with the game.

And I really want to say Final Fantasy....all the games look and play the same. The same graphics style, similar looking characters who all behave the same way, etc..
    Well, Final Fantasy is made by the same company :B

Until recently, even the music was made by the same person. Most of the games had Tetsuya Nomura as an artist. Sakaguchi was a director, producer, or original concept creator in most of the main Final Fantasies. I never thought Sazh looked like Barret for a second despite them being the ethnic characters of the game, but that may just be me.

tl;dr of course they'll have similarities when the same group works on them.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Whew I think Squaresoft Square Enix needs to let Final Fantasy rest in piece...FFVII is my 2nd favorite game (Second only to Chrono Trigger) I love FFIV, FFX was okay, but I got FFXIII for my birthday, and God I was disappointed...the graphics were amazing, but the story was boring, the characters were dull, and the game was waaay too linear, it felt like I was just watching a really poorly written movie. If this is the direction the FF series is going then Square needs to stop while they're not too far behind...

And I'm going to join the bandwagon and say that the Sonic series should end...Sonic 3 was the first game I ever played. It was awesome, but Sonic Adventure 2 was the last Sonic game that I've enjoyed...the newer ones suck >_< They don't have the same 'charm' the older ones have...

EDIT: I forgot a couple, Crash and Spyro...I loved them back on the PlayStation and the ones on the PS2 were still fun, but the new ones SUCK!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    tl;dr of course they'll have similarities when the same group works on them.
    I think the point to remember with Final Fantasy is that it has been going on for so long. Two similar games is reasonable; four, five, six is okay provided they improve which I will guess in FF's case they have done, but thirteen? Pffff... but after all most fans like 'more of the same' so no one seems in a position to argue. I still think Square-Enix could do better with its resources though... but then so could all large companies.

Years
    I don't know if anybody has heard of a game called Carmageddon but it is actually awful.
    N64 Magazine gave it a score of 8% and described and described it as 'brain meltingly awful'. I have the game myself and have to agree.

Its a series that has also been on PC and was set to re release in 2005. I'm so glad it didn't.

Nurse Barbra

Sunday + Rain = Craptaciluar.
    Years
    Any games that have " (main francise game name here) : <insert title here> "
    An example would be Final fantasy : the crystal cronicals

also anyone who says ANY valve game shall be shot with my shotgun.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
    Either way I look at it, a series that truly deserves to end will have that day come about when it finally becomes completely unsustainable due to such a significant loss in profits.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    Call of Duty needs to go. It's corrupting games with good, advanced storylines and developed characters.

All that's being made now is war game after war game because there are so many twelve year olds that run around like "Hell yeah! I can fire a virtual gun! Check me out! Look at my kill streak!" that'll buy clones of games because "The new one has an extra gun!" and... you get my point.

Same goes for sports games and Guitar Hero games. If you've played one, you've really played them all.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    It's not technically a series, but: the video game counterparts to animated movies (like Cars). They somehow don't feel right to me. I'm also going with Halo because I found it hard to master the controls.

Years
    Can't agree with anyone that has mentioned the Mario series unless they generally mean the amount of spin offs bearing his name (Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, etc.).

Anyhow, mine's the same as most people. Movie games (Usually poor), sports games (Same game with minor tweaks and updates), Guitar Hero (Milking the franchise), Crash Bandicoot (Began to slowly die after Warped), there could be a few more to list.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Mario Party should die unless they add bowser as a secret character in 9. He deserves to party, nintenmeanies.

They also shouldn't make another Galaxy game. It strayed too far from the roots and as lovely as the orchestrated music is, it just doesn't fit the game very well.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    They should either stick to making 2.5D Sonic games like that upcoming one, or let it die altogether. Every installment nowadays just involves some wack gimmick or horrible, horrible gameplay.

Any Sims games, I hate those and prefer animal crossing.
    I'm also glad nintendo left sports games to EA
    Also LOZ should die because they haven't had a game with A NORMAL PLOT THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE AND FOLLOWS THE SERIES since Ocarina of Time, which is the only TRUE zelda adventure (Majora's Mask was Okay but the others can burn in hell)

smh, just about every Zelda adventure follows the timeline, its just complicated. And the point of the Zelda games isn't a large cohesive storyline anyways. This is like saying the Mario games don't fit a set storyline and Mario Kart or Super Mario Sunshine are trash.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

Pokemon! >:D

Hey Inferny, remember that all posts need to have a minimum of four words. I know you just joined, so if you need to take another look at the rules, make sure you do, so you aren't infracted for breaking a rule!

Years
    I reckon that the Sonic series has had its day. Since Sonic Adventure 2, the games have been declining in my opinion (I haven't even bothered with the games since they were on Gamecube.) They have added far too many characters that I can't remember all of them now and I think they're just running out of ideas. I think the Sonic series is trying to die but it keeps being given CPR so it can be milked dry over and over.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    let's see....
    The MARIO SPINOFFS piss me off
    they need to go back to the simple side scrolling of 20 years ago (and not this gimmicky Wii crap- the DS one was a pretty good comeback, but it was way to short and they need to start pulling back their older audience)
    oh and
    Spyro (got lame after #3)
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (seriously- pokemon+zelda+final fantasy= CRAP)
    sports games (seriously, people wonder why everyone is a fatty)
    SOMEONE needs to make a "games that need to be revived" thread. i have things to say there

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think the Ratchet and Clank series should end, after the third one it just went downhill mainly because they kept getting shorter and the weapons kept getting worst. Not to mention the stories aren't any good and a new one is released like once a month so unless you were loaded it's like impossible to keep up to date with them.

Back