• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey of Betrayal(revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
  • "I'm definatly ready for whatever comes my way." Said Trista to no one in particular.

"Are you sure about that?" Came an amused voice from behind a tree.

Trista stopped. "Who said that?" She asked turing to her companians. Before anyone could answer a man of around twenty stepped into veiw. He had short dark red hair and brown eyes. He wore white t-shirt with a black jacket over it. He had on bagging jeans and a belt with five Pokeballs on it. His skin was lightly tanned and he twirled a Pokeball lazily on his fingure as he looked at them. "Uh, hello." Said Trista smiling.

"Hello yourself. My name is Dakin and I, along with several other members of team Fate, have been monitoring your group for a while now. You all are exceptionl trainers with great potentional. I would ask you nicely to join Team fate but I already know your answer. If one of you hasn't heard of Team fate another of your comrads will fill you in. For now I will simply deliver the message I have been sent to deliver." By this time the smile had completely vanished from Trista's face and a look of slight fear had replaced it. The man smiled and began to speak in a slow calm voice. "Becareful to whom you grant your trust. Things are not always as they seem. You never seem to see the bad things coming until they are already over. Nothing you can do can prevent what will happen. Watch your back. Because you have been traveling on a journey of betrayal." He stepped back before anyone could move and tossed the Pokeball in his hand into the air. An Abra appeared and a moment later he had teleported.

Trista stood there staring at the spot where the man had been standing. "A riddle. Not the best of riddles but a riddle none the less." She said quietly thinking about what he had just said. "Becareful to whom you grant your trust. Things are not always as they seem. You never seem to see the bad things coming until they are already over. Nothing you can do can prevent what will happen. Watch your back. Because you have been traveling on a journey of betrayal." Trista repeated the riddle to herself several times in a low voice. She shivered thn turned to face the group. "If you haven't already guessed, the riddle means we have a traitor in our group. Someone here, is a member of Team Fate."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • althoagh he had already woked it out himself, baker quickly jumped backwards away from his friends at Tristas lat comment, he was posed and ready for battle if neccecary, his left hand was on hjis knee, but his right was behind him, firmly grasping a pokeball ready to use if he needed....then he relendted and relaxed himself.
    ''I have heard of this group''
    he infromed the gang with a frown on his face
    ''I dont know much about them, if facet no one really does, but they have a...reputation you may say, for attacking the weak and alone''
    he sighed to himself,
    ''maybe they were just treying to get inside our heads......I dont trust him, I say we ignore his comments and move on, but well have to be extra catious''

Baker smiled, ''Lets not lt this event get in our way, I say we go on and think about this again if, and onlf if neccecary''

Alana

Years
  • Trista nodded still slightly warey. She looked at everyone in the group but said nothing. "I've heard of Team Fate too. But I've heard alot more stories than them just picking on the weak. So as not to make everyone paranoid I'll keep it to myself for now. But like Baker said, we have to be on our guard now. For now let's just get to town and do what we were going ot do."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rey was silent, his expression cold and the fire of his eyes piercing. His hands were tightly clenched, slightly trembling with their stiff tension. At his side, Houndoom growled softly as it moved closer to Rey--as though to protect him.

"Stand down, Houndoom," Rey whispered, suppressed fury and bitterness in his voice. "Don't worry . . . Team Fate won't attack yet." His eyes snapped closed. "You know that's not their way . . . they always wait until they burn you most."

Suddenly, the coordinator turned away from the group. "You guys move ahead. I'll catch up. I just . . . need to burn off some steam." Without another word, he dashed into the woods, Houndoom by his side.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • baker watched on as rey mentioned that he needed to burn off some speed and ran off, baker was instinctfully going to follow him, but then he decided against it
    ill let him be, he needs some time to chill

''I think we had better go, he will be fine''
    he said to te rest oif the group withn a bit of a frown on his face, he puleld out a pokeball and said ''I think you had bettyer stay in here for a while Bulba, to be safe'' Bulbasaur looked up at Baker for a minuite before nodding its head, baker returned it and attatched the pokeball back to his belt, he looked at trista, ''what do ya think? should we go?''

Alana

Years
  • "I'd say it's better to keep moving than to stay put." Chikorita was still on Trista's shoulder and she was tense but kept her face expressionless. "Relax Chiko. There's no point in wasting any energy worrying about it." She sighed and let her own tension eb away. "Yeah let's get going. Rey knows where we're going so he'll be able to catch up."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • At that the rest of the gang began walking away from the camp, in the opposite direction of the town wher baker had been only an hour ago making sure Bulbasur was going to be ok, the sun shone brightly and uncomfortably on his neck and making keep having to rub it, eventually it got the worse of him and he removed his cap to pull up the hood on his hoody.
    He put his arms lazily behind his head as he walked and looked up at the sky, trying to see if he could see any pokemon shaped clouds. He looekd to his left, and smiled to himself,
    ''Ha, a Bulbasur shaped one'' He said to no one inparticuarly.
    This made him think back to the battle he had with Rey, He kept rethinking over the greatest parts of the battle, it may have been a friendsly battle, but that battle gave baker a sence of pride in Bulbasaur, which he thopught could never hve got any higher then it already was. he looekd back at the campsite which was growing smaller and smaller as they walked further away.
    I wonder what rey wanted to do
    he ponderend to himslf.

Alana

Years
  • Trista spotted the town ahead and slowed. Her eyes flicked from left to right at her compaions thens he smiled and darted ahead. "Race you!" She called back. Chikorita hopped off her shoulder and dashed beside her. "We have a head start so we'll win."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker's attention quickly darted to in front of him with trista and chikorita racing off towards town

''not in this lifetime seetheart!''

and he quickly ran on to catch up with her, the wind blowing throagh his long blonde hair, making it sway in the breeze like the feathers of a pidgeot.
    baker took a second to look behind him at the others, and shouting out, ''LAST ONE THERE BUYS LUNCH!''

Alana

Years
  • Trista laughed as she looked behind her and saw Baker catching up. In a way nothing seemed to have changed. It seemed that they were all great friends. But in another way, nothing was the same. Because she knew one of them was a traitor. And she knew that her friends knew. So everything was more tense. "I wonder if anything will be the same. Who can you trust if one of your best friends is going to betray you?"

"Chika chika."

"You're right. I worry too much."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • OOC - its been a long time since latios lover posted, maybe someone should contact her.

IC - Baker laughed as he nearly went flying over a rock in quick haste to catch up,
    ''whoah!!''

Then he had an idea, be unhooked a pokeball and threw it straight forward as far as he could, from it appeared Bulbadsaur who appeared right next to Chikarita and was altready running
    ''woooooooooo yeah you go Bulbaaur''

'Bulba Bulbasaur''
    It replied happily without looking back

as they carried on running, the next town grew closer and closer,
    Finally, ive been waiting for this day for a long time

But still on his mind was the encounter from that strange man.....but nopt only was his riddle on Baker's mind, but also the fact that he had an abra, if he really was a hot shot trainer, shouldnt it have evolved by now?
    True enough mine hasnt yet but I havent had it long
    uuuuum, perhaps im overlooking something

he carried on running thoagh with the same smaile on his face. a smile which meant a thousand things.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Rey slammed his fist into a tree, sending shattered bark into the air and embedding splinters deep into his clenched hand. His hand remaining against the firm trunk, Rey's burning gaze of gold stared piercingly ahead. Team Fate . . . Why again? Why are you doing this to me?! The coordinator's teeth gritted together as he again struck the tree. What did I do to deserve this? He slowly sank to his knees, his hand still raised and pressed into the plant. Then, slowly removing his hand from the wood, he stared quietly at the frayed wood piercing his skin.

If I strike out too hard, I will hurt myself more than my enemy. The male paused to slowly open his hand. But, Team Fate has already destroyed someone close to me. I won't allow them to do the same to me. Leaning silently against the tree, Rey removed a large splinter and tossed it aside as he released a sigh to calm himself.

Casting he gaze toward Houndoom, lying silently near its trainer, he murmured, "Most Abra can only teleport themselves up to a certain distance--less when they need to teleport another with them. But . . . " Rey paused. ". . . Team Fate's Pokemon aren't normal Pokemon. Aside from that, the Abra and trainer could have teleported hundreds of times by now." The male's eyes closed. "Then I have no way of knowing where they are." Standing, Rey brushed himself free of the forest floor loam. "Houndoom."

The Pokemon swiftly stood and approached its trainer. As Rey turned and started toward town, Houndoom followed noiselessly behind. Houndoom was with me when it first happened . . . though he was only a Houndour at the time. Still, he knows the dangers of Fate. Pushing aside an overhanging branch, Rey's eyes narrowed. Since I can't go to Fate, I'll wait for them to come to me . . . And be ready.

Alana

Years
  • Trista slowed down as they reached the town. She looked at the Pokemon Center and quit running. "Well we're here. I'm going ot head into town. You guys can do whatever you like." She scooped up Chikorita and let her small Pokemon jump to her shoulder then set off into to town.

She visited the mart again simply to browse. She had bought everything she needed the day before. "Maybe if I get lucky I'll meet a trainer I can battle here." Trista murmered. But there didn't seem to be any trainers who felt like battling so she moved on.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker stopped in his tracks right net to Bulbasaur, he looked up and saw the place he had been meanng to visit for a long time

.....ekruteak city.
    in the distance he could see an extremely large tower
    that has to be tin tower
    he thought to himself, hardly able to confine his excitement.
    He looked at Bulbasaur

'wadda say mate, are we ready to kick some gym leader butt?!''

''Bulba Bulba'' Bulbasaur replied with a smile in agreement

''Ill see ya later huys, Ive got some work to take care of''
    and without another word him and Bulbasaur walked off down the hill towards the center of town.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • As Ecruteak City came within his view, Rey increased his pace to a casual run. At his side, Houndoom seemed to match his pace with relative ease. I was probably only in the forest for about twenty minutes . . . and, assuming the others were walking, I probably haven't fallen too behind. But, knowing them . . . Still running, Rey cast a Pokeball into the air. "Skarmory, tell me the position of the others!"

Emerging from a crimson flash of light, Skarmory rose into the morning sky. Beating its steel wings, it gazed down upon the landscape. As it screeched its report, Rey stifled a sigh. So they're out of sight already . . . not too surprising I suppose.

"Good work, Skarmory," he called, recalling the Pokemon. Glancing toward Houndoom, Rey slightly slowed his pace. Though the dark Pokemon gave no complaint, a faint limp had entered its previously tireless gait. What the--did it happen during yesterday's battle? Or was it this morning . . . He shook his head. Either way, I can't let it get worse. Especially with Team Fate around. They'll take advantage of any weakness they can--and I won't risk Houndoom's safety. Detaching a Pokeball from his belt, Rey ordered, "Houndoom, return." The canine hesitated, but obeyed.

-----------------------------

Raising a hand to shield his eyes from the sunlight, Rey slowed his pace until he had fully stopped. Placing his hands in his pockets, he stared silently down at the city before him. Then that's Ecruteak . . . No sign of the others. They might already be in the city, though it's possible I've come to the city at a different angle. Shrugging, the coordinator started toward Ecruteak City.

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • OOC - as its me B-day im gonna try and make a really good RP post ^___^

IC - Baker walked down the hill, the wind blowing throagh his long blonde hair like the sea, the long sharp grass retreated under his footsteps. He took a deep breath and stopped in his tracks, he new what was coming, he had been training for it for a year and a half now.....but. He looked at Bulbasaur, the pokemon that had grew to be the greatest friend he had ever had, but in some ways it was his worst enemy, whenever Baker saw his Bulbasaur hurt or in any kind of agony, wether it be pain or misery, Baker felt just as bad, if not worse. Bulbasaur and Baker had developed such a bond over the years that most pokemon trainers coulnt even imnagine of having, there hearts...there very souls were as one, and when Bulbasaur fet something, Baker felt it also, and vice versa, so when Bulbasaur was in pain, Baker felt the pain just as much, and more so as he felt responsible for putting it throagh that pain, even if it was not his fault, it was his duty as the trainer to ensure the health and wellbeing of his pokemon.

Baker thought to himself
    Maybe were not ready for this, I know its what we have been training for but........Maybe......it's not worth it for the pain my pokemon would be going thragh

Bulbasaur instantly jumped up at baker with a determined look in its eye, Baker instantly new what it was trying to say

''you right, baker said, we may care for eachother but we have great ride and great ambitions, we will take the gym challenge, we will enter the pokemon league, and WE WILL become pokemon masters!!''

Bulbasaur nodded with a smile and started licvking Bakers face, baker began to laugh like a young child playing with a nw toy

Bulbasaur stood back and helped Baker up with a vine whip, baker had always enjoyed this!

''Ok then Bulbasaur are you rea.....''

''squaaaaaaark''

The noise came from above, and not all that far away, althoagh baker couldnt see it, he instantly knew what it was,

''That Rey's Skarmory, he must be close to town''
    baker considered waiting for him but decided against it
    nah, he will have things he will want to get on with, and besides we have a gym battle to win

baker looked down at the town, the sun now burning on his neck, but he didnt care, he took a look at the view form te top of the hill, and bagen walking down it, not knowing what suprises were in store for him.

Alana

Years
  • OOC: Happy b-day Baker. ^_^

Trista peered into a shop that held some fancy clothes. She wasn't interested but she was bored. She sighed and shoved her hands in her pockets. She turned and began walking again. She looked up and saw a familiar Skarmory. "I guess that means Rey's back."

"Chika."

"Let's head to the Pokemn Center and see if anyone there wants to battle." Chikorita nodded as Trista headed back towards the Pokemon Center.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • OOC - thanks ^___^

IC - Baker walked throagh the fairly large alley, some people smiling at his Bulbasaur as he walked past, some people shoving him to get past, it was strange, but all the pokemon trainers seemd to be angry or upset anbd everyone else was happy, Baker didn't get it, then he heard the voice of someone shouting

''What the hell was that? what did you think you were doing? that was completely useless, your the worst pokemon ever!''

Baker was shocked at these words, he truned a corner to see a trainer of about 17, looking down on a pokemon on the floor, the pokemon was a butterfree, but it's wings were crippled and it was very sad, baker immediately walked up to the trainer

''what are you shouting at this butterfree for?'' he demmanded,
    The trainer looekd at him for a second and looked away again
    ''keep your nose out of other peoples business, but if you must know, this useless Butterfree just lost bad to this towns gym leader, the match was terrible, it done absoloutely terrible and now it's being punished''

Baker's eyes turned red and he grew hot with fury, there was no excuse for behaviour like that

''You dirty horrible little wretch, you are way out of line, no pokemon deserves what you are giving this butterfree, you m ake me sick, how dare you call yourself a pokemon trainer? come on, me and you, lets battle now''

baker didnt like using pokemon as tools of violence, but baker knew that Bulbasaur felt exactly the same way, this was approved when Bulbasaur jumped into position, an agry look on its face and ready to battle

''Bulba Bulbsa'' it growled

The trainer eyed the Bulbasaur wearily
    ''uuuugh......I dont have to prove anything to you, get out of my face, ive gotta go.....gota go....to the pokemo center, later chump''
    and he walked off in the other direction, the Butterfree tryoing to fly after it, but falling to the floor every now and then

baker was hopping mad, but he retained his anger,
    ''He will get whats coming to him, and i know just how!''

he tookm out his pokenav, and called Trista

''hello Trista, it's Baker, look, can you do me a favour?''

and he went on to tell her fo the trainer he had just saw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back