• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A "More Mature" Pokemon Anime.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What do you feel a "more mature" Pok?mon anime would be like? If you feel an "anime for more mature audiences" exists within the Pok?mon anime's confines, name it. Pok?mon Generations comes to mind here, of course.

Don't be ridiculous with this topic and be serious.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The main characters would probably age and we would see actual love relationships between Ash and his female companion and deaths among Pokemon just to name a couple of things.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    They've already got a good premise, if a little stale considering the franchise. They just need to delve into interesting storylines and make characters interesting and engaging to the viewers. For kids they can focus on comedic elements and battles that look cool whereas for older viewers, dynamics between the groups and interesting arcs, such as depression or changing ideals can retain interest.

Like there are all sorts of interesting concepts that one could explore, like family rejection, betrayal, slavery, corruption, two sides of the same coin, common enemy against two warring sides...some of those aren't really appropriate for Pok?mon, but my point is, there are a ton of engaging story lines that can draw in older viewers.

EDIT: Also good writing of characters and plot. That's pretty important anyway but even more so in a kids show that wants to retain older viewers. Have it written well and it's a blast for whoever watches it. Written poorly and it's lambasted and only watched by the dedicated. I can't think of a better example right now than Ben 10, the original series and the remake that I watched a couple of episodes from. With the original series, there were interesting arcs that had build up and followed through to next seasons, there was a steady progression. In the remakes...they're still decent to watch, but they are definitely built towards an episodic nature and lack overarching story-lines that retain interest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2016
    I'd love for them to adapt the manga into an anime. But The unnecessary gore like onix breaking into pieces, I think they should leave that out.

Back