• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Challenger Approaches [Game Over]

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
As far as I can see there's not really any way to do that. Plus it'd be a waste to do that here, he'd just be dead wait since we'd all know and just ignore anything he said. He'd be a prime target for night actions too.

I don't think that last bit is a possibility, I don't think we have any roles that prevent a lynch (except maybe town-Ike's power but that just redirects the lynch)

Ok first of all, assuming Lulu flips town, everyone would be suspicious of Aldo. Worst case if he's evil Snake then he can hide in his box and do his thing, so that whoever visits him will die. If they also have evil Marth or evil Ike (though evil Ike is nullified by good Marth) then they can manipulate votes very easily. Or if it's like, evil Marth + evil Icies. Obviously this is all pure chance, but keep in mind that we do get the role before we discuss, so what he said ("Lulu why your factional kill failed?") might be different had he been given another role. I think we should definitely be wary of the possibility that he's evil Snake - if he manages to take down a few more town during the next night then this whole charade would have been worth it for Mafia.

I think the safest play (assuming day kills work how I think they do - which is they die immediately) would be for someone with a gun to shoot Lulu, since she's basically dead anyway. Then we can lynch Aldo or someone else accordingly. Of course this doesn't work if the day kill doesn't work like I think it does, so correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: okay I gotta type these faster cuz I keep getting ninja'd
I think what I suggested is safer. Do you have any concerns or corrections?

Last edited:
Years
##unvote LuluRina

I'm going to get this out of the way now. I was initially swayed to vote by Aldo since it seemed he was most likely a cop role or something, but that doesn't make sense if Lulu has claimed truthfully and he hasn't been forthright with info or CCd her. Aldo can you please tell us what is going on? If I don't get a straight answer from you, I'll be putting my vote on you instead.

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
Another topic for talks. Let's just think as if LuluRina was town. How would mafia react? Why?
- In this scenario, I think the mafia would try to look innocent for resisting to vote, so that when LuluRina became town, they would be townread by their "reading ability".

And also, if LuluRina is mafia, how would mafia react? Why?
- Possibly they would react in the same way if LuluRina was town, for they know of none of the evidence that led to this conclusion, and thereby extract information.

Even so, these assumptions may hold for the two alignments, I can imagine that. What do you think?
I think it will be very easy to find a mafia if we explore those thoughts.
If you're saying you don't actually know Lulu's alignment and did this for reactions then ok, +100 points at least for making D1 Not Boring™

I don't think the possible reactions are as set in stone as you think they are though. How do you think town would react to you?

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Really? No one is going to respond to what I wrote? I totally thought it was a decent idea. I mean if we're gonna lynch Lulu and (assuming she flips town) lynch Aldo the next day, wouldn't it be much safer to shoot now rather than have to wait and risk Mafia setting something wrong? If there's something wrong with this line of logic, someone please let me know, since I definitely want to learn. Even with gp's unvote, there are still 6 votes for Lulu atm - I don't really think she's not getting lynched given how much time we have left.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Lulu claimed cop, and you haven't CCed, so was that a random accusation then??

Not liking either Aldo or Lulu but based on the above (and the fact that my gun might be tampered with tonight by Bowser Jr if he's in the game) i should prob shoot today but I think most interested in shooting one of the people who just jumped onto the Lulu wagon rather than shooting Aldo or Lulu themselves (esp with the latter claiming cop and the former.......being cryptic idk what his game plan is)
Thoughts?
Your gun could also be fabbed, if the gunsmith role is mafia instead, I think?

Years
re: Shooting - If we're going to shoot, now is possibly the best time to do it. Since iirc we either have fakes or we have real guns and nothing in between? It's still risky though because we could just as easily end up with a dead townie either way if the gun is fabbed.

The simplest solution here is for Aldo to tell us where he got his information from. Then we might have a better idea for how to proceed.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Welp, don't think we're gonna do anything in time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Also as for my voting that was a mid-post vote change lol, not a double vote. Technically I guess there should have been an Unvote in between, so hope that clears that up (also @Juno and 5qwerty!)
Yeah the way I assumed it would work was that they would vote and then it would be tallied twice. Also according to the night zero post (I discussed this earlier), "Some seemed a bit bewildered, perhaps a bit cold". I don't think I read anything in the first post incorrectly, so I think there are only 2 "freezing" roles in the game, being good Lucas and evil Icies. "Some" implies to me that there is at least one who felt cold...so I'd think there would be at least 1 freezing role? Of course, like GP mentioned it could be too early to say for certain, but I am kind of suspicious.

Or Superjolt could just be trolling.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking initially, I thought Jolt was softclaiming good Icies, which would mean there is only one freezing role in the game (Lucas) but now that he has cleared that up, we don't really know about that anymore, but I suppose we have more pressing concerns right now. :P

So anyway, catching up with the recent developments I'm starting to feel like Aldo is more suss than LuluRina at this point, and I'm willing to change my vote on the chance that Lulu is telling the truth, since it would be a pretty hard blow if we do end up killing Detective Pikachu ourselves so early on.

I wasn't too inclined to believe her at first since it's kind of convenient she would claim one of our more important roles, but Aldo's unwillingness to directly answer questions or explain is weird to me, like at this point he's already fully put the spotlight on himself so I can't imagine why else he's selectively holding back, unless town isn't going to like his explanations.

##unvote LuluRina
##Vote Aldo

And @5qwerty I think it's ultimately up to Josh if he wants to take his chances with the gun, and I would still want to try and save her if she really is Detective Pikachu.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
oZFYgpV.png

Night One

"She's a pawn of the dark!" Aldo yelled, pointing a finger at little LuluRina.

Before Lulu had a chance to react, various other combatants began pointing their fingers at her as well. Surely someone wouldn't point fingers to hurriedly if they were wrong?

Eventually, Lulu formed a counterargument: "I'm a Pikachu?"

That was it.

The announcer's voice boomed over the arena. "Well? Get to the slaughter!"

And with that, everyone---well, approximately five of the group, since most remained actionless---converged on poor LuluRina, ending her life.

Brawl!
Combatants line up in the arena, ganging up on particular players like all good fighters do!

Syndrome
LuluRina
Pecilia
gimmepie
Charlie Brown
Superjolt
EC
Del
Bidoof FTW
Juno
Rabinov
Aldo
jdthebud
L'Belle
metroid711
5qwerty
LuluRina
did not vote
did not vote
did not vote
did not vote
did not vote
LuluRina
did not vote
did not vote
LuluRina
Aldo
LuluRina
did not vote
did not vote
did not vote
did not vote

LuluRina is dead! She was a Pawn of the Darkness!

Cast List
Nakuzami as the Game Master

Syndrome
Pecilia
gimmepie
Charlie Brown
Superjolt
EC
Del
Bidoof FTW
Juno
Rabinov
Aldo
jdthebud
L'Belle
metroid711
5qwerty
LuluRina

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
oZFYgpV.png

Day Two

"Up and at 'em!"

Dusk dissipated from the dawn sky, bringing with it more tides of blood and betrayal.

After LuluRina's gruesome demise the night before, it seemed that a few combatants were now out for blood more than ever. A new body was discovered, beaten into a nearly unrecognizable state, but eventually someone was able to confirm that it was Aldo who met their tragic fate during the night.

Some other happenings went on, a few more fruitful than others, some too fast for the eye to see, but all weaving their own legacies within the arena.

Aldo is dead! He was a Hero of the Light!

Cast List
Nakuzami as the Game Master

Syndrome
Pecilia
gimmepie
Charlie Brown
Superjolt
EC
Del
Bidoof FTW
Juno
Rabinov
jdthebud
L'Belle
metroid711
5qwerty
LuluRina
Aldo

Years
Okay, well first things first, Aldo's death is not surprising but it is a bit worrying. It makes it seem pretty likely that we do not have a protective role in the game. Or, less likely, we do but whoever has it was banking on the mafia assuming they'd protect Aldo and took the risk of visiting a different player on the off chance they saved them. Either way, we seem to be down an investigative role - potentially without a protective role. We got a lucky day 1 but we need to be careful from here on out.

I have to say, I'm a little annoyed that Aldo was so vague. It worked out in the end, but if he hadn't been so reluctant to explain himself when he was making it pretty plain he apparently knew something the rest of us didn't, then more of us would have trusted him.

Only other thing worth noting to me at this stage is that the phase post seems to indicate whoever has Sonic was doing something worth mentioning.

5qwerty

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Sharing sentiments with GP.

Also Sonic definitely did something - but the way I'm interpreting that statement makes me feel like it wasn't exactly "fruitful". Am I comprehending this incorrectly?

With the ridiculous number of Abilities in the game, I definitely thought that there would be more deaths night two. Maybe Mafia are still biding their time?

I'm still concerned about the Cult person, which we can't confirm exist or not. Is this a legitimate concern? Hopefully everyone starts talking so we can figure out if anyone is mad.

Years
Sharing sentiments with GP.

Also Sonic definitely did something - but the way I'm interpreting that statement makes me feel like it wasn't exactly "fruitful". Am I comprehending this incorrectly?

With the ridiculous number of Abilities in the game, I definitely thought that there would be more deaths night two. Maybe Mafia are still biding their time?

I'm still concerned about the Cult person, which we can't confirm exist or not. Is this a legitimate concern? Hopefully everyone starts talking so we can figure out if anyone is mad.

I don't think we can be sure there is a cult, but cults are definitely always a concern. We should be weary of them too but there's not much we can do to track possible cultists down other than scumhunting as we already are.

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
I may be reading too much into this, but is it possible Kirby may have also had a play in it last night? Pointing this out from the "fruitful" bit. Since Kirby is usually associated with food.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I'm not sure what to take of the sonic thing, I think looking into who didn't vote Lulu before they tried to role claim cop would be a good idea, as most mafia would be more likely to show reluctance.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
I'm not sure what to take of the sonic thing, I think looking into who didn't vote Lulu before they tried to role claim cop would be a good idea, as most mafia would be more likely to show reluctance.
That would be 5qwerty, metroid and Josh, also jd/l'belle if we're looking at posts that came before Aldo's vote. What do you think about 5qwerty right now?

Also, less phase post discussion, more voting for scum reads pls

##vote Juno because I don't like that last minute vote change to Aldo

sorting some other reads

Back