• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Challenger Approaches [Game Over]

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    yeah it is possible aldo is scum but if lulu flips inno then aldo is almost certainly dead tmr. i think it would be too risky for him to softclaim cop with such certainty like this if only to buy one inno death

also should i PEWPEWPEW lulu from memory there's a maf role that can sabotage guns so i would like to use mine today so it doesn't potentially turn useless

also
    wary of GP AND EC Largely
    jumping onto the bandwagon without much comment eps EC- what exactly have u seen that is enough
    sorry mobile post and i'm
    late for work so not fixing formstting
    Ok, yeah that's a good point about Lulu flipping inno - I didn't actually consider that. I'm just worried there are some schemes going on with the mafia - like assuming Lulu is innocent then Aldo has some backup of not being killed/lynched (Ike)? Or if they somehow know that Lulu will show up guilty (somehow know is good Snake or are themselves bad Sonic or something). I'm probably considering too much and lynching Lulu is probably the safe bet for now.

Agree with sentiments on GP and EC too. Also Bowser Jr. can mess up your guns so they might be after you

Just wondering, but like for Jolt's role then, would that be how the "vote counts twice" mechanic works regardless of alignment? I was under the assumption he would just vote for the same person and that vote would be counted twice, but if he is willing to show who he is this early on, I assume he's inno (or he's actually maf and that's what he wants us to think) and that would also mean Lucas is inno?
    Yeah the way I assumed it would work was that they would vote and then it would be tallied twice. Also according to the night zero post (I discussed this earlier), "Some seemed a bit bewildered, perhaps a bit cold". I don't think I read anything in the first post incorrectly, so I think there are only 2 "freezing" roles in the game, being good Lucas and evil Icies. "Some" implies to me that there is at least one who felt cold...so I'd think there would be at least 1 freezing role? Of course, like GP mentioned it could be too early to say for certain, but I am kind of suspicious.

Or Superjolt could just be trolling.

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • I honestly don't wanna pick sides just yet until either Lulu says something more to these claims or aldo to say a bit more in response to Lulu. And I dont wanna jump on the Lulu bandwagon until i see at least one of these two things. Cause Lulu could very well be scum here or aldo is trying to get an early innocent out. Either way I'm holding off on a vote for the moment.

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years

Well theres nothing more that I can say here tbh

I won't reveal my role due to the fact that it could be a mafia role or a innocent role so it wouldn't help much

Plus when mafia doesn't know what role I am, they won't know what they got rid of.'

Farewell!

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What else can I do?

I mean, the situation that you got put into is quite unfortunate. But given that you got put into this situation, you just kind of fell over without much of a fight. Also take note that revealing your role would also be beneficial for the town - it's not just mafia that works better with information - though an experienced player can correct me if this line of logic is considered wrong.

LuluRina

Years
  • I mean, the situation that you got put into is quite unfortunate. But given that you got put into this situation, you just kind of fell over without much of a fight. Also take note that revealing your role would also be beneficial for the town - it's not just mafia that works better with information - though an experienced player can correct me if this line of logic is considered wrong.

Let me put this into perspective -
    The day will be over in less then a day
    Most people have already voted for me
    And I have hardly any way to defend myself

Although you make a good point there with the roles(plus the fact that now is the hour where I didn't just wake up and I have shaken off that feeling xD)

I'm Pikachu, and I visited SJ last night and got him as inno

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • I mean at least Jolt has given us some insight into part of their ability, so thanks for that. Nice to see you back at your usual playstle also.

Bear in mind that as much as we want Aldo to elaborate, now probably isn't the time; if we get too much insight into the role then the naughty factions may decide it's curtains for Aldo. Happy to trust the claim for now and see instead what the rest of you decide to do with the current situation.

##vote LuluRina
    See the thing about Aldo now is that he's already painted a target on his back if he's telling the truth, so there's really no reason for him not to elaborate. Especially when town might not even have any protection roles. I don't really see Aldo doing this as scum though. (On the other hand, Aldo is being pretty vague and the wording of his post makes it sound like he's not actually 100% sure... but still yeah I don't see him doing this as scum).

The reactions so far are interesting, the downside is they're somewhat muddled because scum!Lulu would be the easiest thing ever to bus in this situation.

I kind of agree about GP and EC? There was someone else whose reaction I didn't like but I kind of got distracted while typing this post and I can't remember who

Also as for my voting that was a mid-post vote change lol, not a double vote. Technically I guess there should have been an Unvote in between, so hope that clears that up (also @Juno and 5qwerty!)

@5qwerty - do you have previous mafia experience btw?

Ok I'm tired stopping here actually wait one more thing
    Let me put this into perspective -
    The day will be over in less then a day
    Most people have already voted for me
    And I have hardly any way to defend myself

Although you make a good point there with the roles(plus the fact that now is the hour where I didn't just wake up and I have shaken off that feeling xD)

I'm Pikachu, and I visited SJ last night and got him as inno
    Well ok, how about this - you didn't immediately vote Aldo in retaliation, do you think he's lying scum? What about the people that voted you (or haven't voted you), which reactions look good and which ones look bad?

I don't really blame you for the lack of defense since Aldo is being vague af, but also if you're actually town the best thing you can do is look for scum in the massive mess that has crashed down upon you

(also if Lulu is scum fake claiming, the real Pikachu should not counter claim if there is one!)

LuluRina

Years
  • Well ok, how about this - you didn't immediately vote Aldo in retaliation, do you think he's lying scum? What about the people that voted you (or haven't voted you), which reactions look good and which ones look bad?

I don't really blame you for the lack of defense since Aldo is being vague af, but also if you're actually town the best thing you can do is look for scum in the massive mess that has crashed down upon you

(also if Lulu is scum fake claiming, the real Pikachu should not counter claim if there is one!)

I actually think he just voted randomly tbh. Theres not enough evidence to really go after him.

As for which reactions look bad... these two stick out to me, but the reason I haven't voted yet is that I don't know which one to vote for

[Vote]LuluRina I trust Aldo.

Why do you trust him?

Right, I've seen all I needed to see here.

##Vote LuluRina

And what have you seen?

Years
  • Can someone explain to me what was apparently wrong with my posts? I was weary about Aldo at first, and still find his lack of elaboration suspicious, but there is no reason for a scum player to pull a false claim of this nature so early when it will flat out get them killed the next day.

It's not the best move as a town player either, but I can at least see a town player jumping the gun with the reveal. Seems much more likely.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh you know what, I honestly thought I'd still implemented 72/36 hour day/night phases since I'd been planning to at one point before posting the game, but ended up going with 48/24 hour ones

Would y'all prefer the longer phases or the current standard ones

Years
  • I'd prefer the standard 48/24 otherwise we'll end up with really long phases of waiting for the change while nothing happens.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I agree with GP, 24/48 is fine.

But, if we aren't going to lynch Lulu, we need to find someone else to lynch.

However, it strikes me as unlikely that Aldo would just happen to call out the cop...so I'm not sure I believe her claim.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, I agree with 48/24.

Also as for my voting that was a mid-post vote change lol, not a double vote. Technically I guess there should have been an Unvote in between, so hope that clears that up (also @Juno and 5qwerty!)
    Ok I thought this was the case. Pardon my use of language, I kind of use "trolling" as a term very broadly, but what I meant was that you were doing something akin to what you described. Hopefully no misunderstandings here.

@5qwerty - do you have previous mafia experience btw?
    I haven't really played a game of mafia like this before (well I have but I afk'd and got kicked out). I do have minimal experience playing Werewolf with friends but to be fair it was a long time ago. Other than that I do watch some of the mafia games at smash summits but obviously it's very different.

Can someone explain to me what was apparently wrong with my posts? I was weary about Aldo at first, and still find his lack of elaboration suspicious, but there is no reason for a scum player to pull a false claim of this nature so early when it will flat out get them killed the next day.

It's not the best move as a town player either, but I can at least see a town player jumping the gun with the reveal. Seems much more likely.
    To me I thought you were kind of jumpy because you changed your opinion within the span of one hour. Had you not posted directly after Aldo's terrible justification it would definitely seem less bandwagon-y. Though maybe that's the right thing to do?

I would also like to mention that there is the possibility that mafia has some kind of cunning plot. What if Lulu flips inno and we're not able to lynch or kill Aldo because they set up their abilities as such?

Years
  • I would also like to mention that there is the possibility that mafia has some kind of cunning plot. What if Lulu flips inno and we're not able to lynch or kill Aldo because they set up their abilities as such?

As far as I can see there's not really any way to do that. Plus it'd be a waste to do that here, he'd just be dead wait since we'd all know and just ignore anything he said. He'd be a prime target for night actions too.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Okey doke

Looks like I'll stick to 48/24, but I'll keep this first day at 72 since I did an extended N0 (and also kinda worked that initial phase into my schedule already lol)

So you guys have about 24 hours left in this day, and then it'll be standard phase lengths

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen today
    Another topic for talks. Let's just think as if LuluRina was town. How would mafia react? Why?
    - In this scenario, I think the mafia would try to look innocent for resisting to vote, so that when LuluRina became town, they would be townread by their "reading ability".

And also, if LuluRina is mafia, how would mafia react? Why?
    - Possibly they would react in the same way if LuluRina was town, for they know of none of the evidence that led to this conclusion, and thereby extract information.

Even so, these assumptions may hold for the two alignments, I can imagine that. What do you think?
    I think it will be very easy to find a mafia if we explore those thoughts.

Years
  • Another topic for talks. Let's just think as if LuluRina was town. How would mafia react? Why?
    - In this scenario, I think the mafia would try to look innocent for resisting to vote, so that when LuluRina became town, they would be townread by their "reading ability".

- Possibly they would react in the same way if LuluRina was town, for they know of none of the evidence that led to this conclusion, and thereby extract information.

Even so, these assumptions may hold for the two alignments, I can imagine that. What do you think?

The entire way this is worded bothers me.
    You know Lulu's alignment, correct?

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Oh you know what, I honestly thought I'd still implemented 72/36 hour day/night phases since I'd been planning to at one point before posting the game, but ended up going with 48/24 hour ones

Would y'all prefer the longer phases or the current standard ones
    I'd prefer 72 hour days but I'm probably in the minority on that. But if we do I'd still want 24 hour nights instead of 36.
    Yeah, I agree with 48/24.

Ok I thought this was the case. Pardon my use of language, I kind of use "trolling" as a term very broadly, but what I meant was that you were doing something akin to what you described. Hopefully no misunderstandings here.
    Oh no, it's fine!

I haven't really played a game of mafia like this before (well I have but I afk'd and got kicked out). I do have minimal experience playing Werewolf with friends but to be fair it was a long time ago. Other than that I do watch some of the mafia games at smash summits but obviously it's very different.

To me I thought you were kind of jumpy because you changed your opinion within the span of one hour. Had you not posted directly after Aldo's terrible justification it would definitely seem less bandwagon-y. Though maybe that's the right thing to do?

I would also like to mention that there is the possibility that mafia has some kind of cunning plot. What if Lulu flips inno and we're not able to lynch or kill Aldo because they set up their abilities as such?
    I don't think that last bit is a possibility, I don't think we have any roles that prevent a lynch (except maybe town-Ike's power but that just redirects the lynch)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Another topic for talks. Let's just think as if LuluRina was town. How would mafia react? Why?

Lulu claimed cop, and you haven't CCed, so was that a random accusation then??

Not liking either Aldo or Lulu but based on the above (and the fact that my gun might be tampered with tonight by Bowser Jr if he's in the game) i should prob shoot today but I think most interested in shooting one of the people who just jumped onto the Lulu wagon rather than shooting Aldo or Lulu themselves (esp with the latter claiming cop and the former.......being cryptic idk what his game plan is)
    Thoughts?

Back