• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Nice Little Note for All of PC to Read... (Long Post)

Kairi said:
I?ve kind of pushed for the political topics to return, of course calmly and with small topics first. I Really think as long as the mods don?t close for just one flame or anything, it could do well. Everybody has to learn to take a little competition and criticism about their opinion, as long as it doesn?t become a ?You suck? war or anything.

I hope your cousins are fine, Miyu-chan?let us know if you can hear from em? ^_^;

?and you wouldn?t want MSN to crash either. You know it?s far more fun. ;p

Yeah, to tell you the truth debates are one of the most interesting types of threads that I have ever been involved in, it's very interesting to see other people's opinions on a certain topic about politics and then see what other people think. I say that you brink them back, but if you get any more of those full-fledged flamers ruining them, then you just delete their posts. If they're not going to be a good sport, then they shouldn't deserve to have their post in them.

FlamingTorchic said:
Yeah, to tell you the truth debates are one of the most interesting types of threads that I have ever been involved in, it's very interesting to see other people's opinions on a certain topic about politics and then see what other people think. I say that you brink them back, but if you get any more of those full-fledged flamers ruining them, then you just delete their posts. If they're not going to be a good sport, then they shouldn't deserve to have their post in them.
Those controversial debates are just so fun back then... But too bad they're on a ban at the moment. It's just part of any message board to have... say a topic about war in Iraq, someone goes in and say "you're all wrong as President Bush is the best and as if you can do any better his plans to demolish terrorists are just amazing", or "you must be a freakin' moron to believe in bush because we can't even find any weapons of mass destruction atm" and etc... it's nice for you to share your opinion, but the tone must be kept at a friendly level (which, seems to be a hard thing to do.) Perhaps let the mods talk about this in their loudge about trying out politics again.

Lastly for Iveechan... If there's another picture like Steven and Lance kissing, then as long as there's some sort of warnings on the thread title... I think it should be fine.

(PS: Yes I know... MSN > all other things... or to be more specific... stuff we do/talk about in MSN... ;p )

A link to an arcade does sound like an interesting idea... though only make it a link because PC lags enough as it is. ._. I could just imagine a poor 56Ker waiting 5 minutes for the entire page to load...

And one thing I've noticed that bugs me horribly, is when someone quotes an entire reply only to reply to one line... it's annoying seeing the same post a second or third time... I see no reason why people can't take that out.

And another thing I'd suggest is making sure mods do their job... if they aren't doing it, why are they even still a mod? Especially if they're breaking a rule themself. (I saw someone mention that awhile ago...)

And I'd also suggest a non-graphic-intense skin, but this is the wrong thread. :p

JKaizer said:
A link to an arcade does sound like an interesting idea... though only make it a link because PC lags enough as it is. ._. I could just imagine a poor 56Ker waiting 5 minutes for the entire page to load...

And one thing I've noticed that bugs me horribly, is when someone quotes an entire reply only to reply to one line... it's annoying seeing the same post a second or third time... I see no reason why people can't take that out.

And another thing I'd suggest is making sure mods do their job... if they aren't doing it, why are they even still a mod? Especially if they're breaking a rule themself. (I saw someone mention that awhile ago...)

And I'd also suggest a non-graphic-intense skin, but this is the wrong thread. :p

Indeed, there are some moderators who haven't been on for a LONG while. I understand that they have lives, but if they have no time for The Community then they shouldn't have taken the mod test in the first place. >_>

JKaizer said:

well... doesn't bother me if the one line they add pacts great significance. As long as they add to the topic... they're fine to me. As for the mods, almost all of them do their job very well. It's just that a few slips at times which of course are normal. And then there's one or two who constantly messes up but Alyssa apologized already and will correct herself too ^_^. If she still doesn't... we'll worry about that later (and hopefully won't have to worry about it again)

All the skins are quite graphic un-intensive... with the original vbulletin one (the one i'm using and it's the best because it's simple and clean) being the least intensive out of all...

Back