• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Nice Little Note for All of PC to Read... (Long Post)

DragonTrainer said:
Which is why PC is in such a pathetic state. It's why we can't have any mature topics at all. Well, they're not going to change anytime soon, and so I'm ok with that. Just note to people who make small little posts all the time, I overlook all of your posts, mainly because I feel that you can't make a good post with just one line or two. You have to make a thorough post, something that people enjoy reading ;)

~DragonTrainer:dragonite
I wouldn?t say it?s pathetic. If you?ve seen PC at its worst (and best) then you?d know it can get a lot better and worse than what it is. On the one hand it?s kind of shallow from the old one, as we?ve all said over and over in this thread. On the other, less observed hand, PC had times where it was a lot worse. We had mods fighting in the lounge, spamming and so on. I don?t think we really need to worry about anyone except the occasional ?suicide spammer? coming along who would spam. There was a time when even people who had been here for a while would go off. There?s a lot of room for improvement, but we still have a *lot* of good people here. Afterall, if we didn?t, how would we have this thread? Knowing and acknowledging our faults is a good step in the correct direction. Though we still need to do more than that.

I'd say our biggest slum was right after Cas got banned...people were getting really, really mad..

but it cooled over...

And I'd say our highest point was, ironically, the few weeks at old PC before we switched to new PC...

I think the summer was a much higher point. Kwesi was active, a lot of good people were here, and so on. I?truthfully don?t remember that much now from before new PC.

Kairi said:
I wouldn?t say it?s pathetic. If you?ve seen PC at its worst (and best) then you?d know it can get a lot better and worse than what it is. On the one hand it?s kind of shallow from the old one, as we?ve all said over and over in this thread. On the other, less observed hand, PC had times where it was a lot worse. We had mods fighting in the lounge, spamming and so on. I don?t think we really need to worry about anyone except the occasional ?suicide spammer? coming along who would spam. There was a time when even people who had been here for a while would go off. There?s a lot of room for improvement, but we still have a *lot* of good people here. Afterall, if we didn?t, how would we have this thread? Knowing and acknowledging our faults is a good step in the correct direction. Though we still need to do more than that.
Yes, I didn't see this problem at old PC. Olde PC was great but after the rest in a few months through it, the place turns upside down. It's a growing issue and we must deal with it even if you don't like it at all.

This has to be pretty... "ouch" but sadly, I think it's true. =/ I dislike the changing name problem, it makes it confusing to keep track of who is who. Second, I believe that a name is something to be treasured. Keep it. =3 (No offence)

Probally changing it to Alyssa won't cause any problem. =P

Sakura and Espeon said:
Yes, I didn't see this problem at old PC. Olde PC was great but after the rest in a few months through it, the place turns upside down. It's a growing issue and we must deal with it even if you don't like it at all.

Probally changing it to Alyssa won't cause any problem. =P
Well, that should solve some things hehe....
But it might just be best to stick with what ya got now!

Kairi said:

If you ask me, the early days of the New PC were probably the best. Everyone started over, and we all had Post-Fever, but now.. peh.. PC isnt even cool anymore and I barely feel as welcomed as I used to... What's Wrong PC... Why Don't you like me anymore.. I'm so out of style all of the sudden.

Dizzy said:
If you ask me, the early days of the New PC were probably the best. Everyone started over, and we all had Post-Fever, but now.. peh.. PC isnt even cool anymore and I barely feel as welcomed as I used to... What's Wrong PC... Why Don't you like me anymore.. I'm so out of style all of the sudden.
now "supposedly" that has been happening to you all the way throughout your life in PC... really people are just as welcoming as ever. And personally... I think the first days that I joined were the best... Oh I miss those old days of 22sa posting madness everywhere... the one above... Days when Lightning and Dakota are less busy and are more active and now and so on...

But I am out of Style. Im not cool enough for PC, but the early days were the best. The other chat was deleted at least 6 times, lol 22sa always trying to finish. and there was always a race to see who could make the Daily Chit Chat first.. you know..

Dizzy said:
But I am out of Style. Im not cool enough for PC
everyone has their own posting style, and their own living style as well. Like what i stated post 1 of this thread, there's no such thing as one member/staff better than another. Just act out who you are, and you're accepted by PC just like how you would have if you act anyway "style."

This thread is for now PC can possibly improve, not murmuring about "oh back in the old days..."

frostweaver said:
now "supposedly" that has been happening to you all the way throughout your life in PC... really people are just as welcoming as ever. And personally... I think the first days that I joined were the best... Oh I miss those old days of 22sa posting madness everywhere... the one above... Days when Lightning and Dakota are less busy and are more active and now and so on...

I am sure that when summer comes, that some of the members will return to PC once again. =) A lot of people left PC mainly because they didn't want it to get in the way of their school work and social life, but since in the summer you have a great abundance of time to have a social life and you have no school, then you have a lot more time for The Community. =) It seems like the "old days" were the best days for everyone. Hey, I have to admit that it was a lot more exciting when I first joined PC, mainly cause I was still very interested in message boards. I guess the reason people say it's better because they have spent so much time on message boards, that it just feels normal to post or make threads and stuff like that.

I was just reply murmuring to your post, so don't kill me. I shall murmer no more. =)

What other ways to get PC to improve? Well, there are tons of ways to get more members to come here, post, and get more involved, but it really depends if the admins would be up for it. I have seen that on some forums that they have their own arcade section, so why couldn't PC have this? It would attract more members as it would have more to do.

hmm... arcade section... brief summary of it perhaps?

I think we're quite fine with new members with steady amount of members joining PC... the problem lies in them staying for more than 5 posts o.o;. Not to mention some of the relatively newer members in PC never seems to try to join PC by posting in the other topic section. A lot of them are within the game/hack forum and are not coming outside of that section (reminds me of me when i was "young" ^^;; ). We can try to think something about that too.

btw... when is summer ever less busy than the rest of the year? I fail to understand that... what about summer school? o.o;

frostweaver said:
hmm... arcade section... brief summary of it perhaps?

I think we're quite fine with new members with steady amount of members joining PC... the problem lies in them staying for more than 5 posts o.o;. Not to mention some of the relatively newer members in PC never seems to try to join PC by posting in the other topic section. A lot of them are within the game/hack forum and are not coming outside of that section (reminds me of me when i was "young" ^^;; ). We can try to think something about that too.

btw... when is summer ever less busy than the rest of the year? I fail to understand that... what about summer school? o.o;

What I mean by an arcade section is a place on the forums that has games, so you can play them and post on the forums. :D

Not everyone goes to summer school, frosty. Heck, I have never gone to summer school in my life! A lot of people don't go just because they see no point in going, and would rather like to use their 2 months of vacation to relax. That's why activity would be higher in the summer.

Well, I will be active in the summer, but I'm not gonna be on all day like others, I don't want to get sucked into it -_-. Rather, I will probably spend my summer with my friends and playing sports, soccer namely, and working out, with sometime in between for PC. I still have to live a few months before summer though

i think trivia is "suppose" to be this "arcade" of yours DT... ^_^; Perhaps... we throw funtime into the trivia section, and combine it all into one big mixed trivia/games section? With or without post count, we can work that out later...

Trivia? Man, I quit posting in there months ago, I don't fancy the place much anymore, it became mostly dead. The idea does sound convenient to say the least, but I doubt it will ever become a possibility.

frostweaver said:

Oh that reminds me. I have summer school from 9am-5pm. Blame my parents.
I'll be less active on PC in the summer than now. I might be on at night though.
What a bummer...;_;

Btw, I dumped that trivia section also DT. :P

Miyu-chan said:
Exactly. This is what I like about PC. n_n Once I joined an Inuyasha forum, and they were all "Hey! There's a n00b" =_= And n00bs are treated as lower people. ;_; So I left. SPAM means nothing. Once I see a good post, I'll always remember that member.
Yea I know what ya mean...
Kairi said:
I think the summer was a much higher point. Kwesi was active, a lot of good people were here, and so on. I…truthfully don't remember that much now from before new PC.
That's partly true, it was the time span between the last weeks of June and the first weeks of July that PC was doing very well and PC's highest admin was there. But PC was more active and cool :P when PE2K was still a community site, just a lot of corruption because people could delete threads.
frostweaver said:
=) =p And the only difference between me and a totally madman was I wasn't mad! :laugh: xD I won't do that again though, too many consequences not worth it.
DragonTrainer said:
Well, I will be active in the summer, but I'm not gonna be on all day like others, I don't want to get sucked into it -_-. Rather, I will probably spend my summer with my friends and playing sports, soccer namely, and working out, with sometime in between for PC. I still have to live a few months before summer though

Cool ^^ And I won't be posting as much as I posted last summer, and I have summer school to deal with. O.o

22sa said:
Cool ^^ And I won't be posting as much as I posted last summer, and I have summer school to deal with. O.o

Hey just feel good that your not the only one. :P
I certainly have to go this year because next year, we'd have to take an entrance exam to see which high school you get into.

Pokemaster10000 said:
Hey just feel good that your not the only one. :P
I certainly have to go this year because next year, we'd have to take an entrance exam to see which high school you get into.
lol, okay, but I really need to get ahead a bit or I won't have enough space next year. x_x And next year I'd be taking tests for my grad from high school already hehe. Good luck on your entrance exams. =p

DragonTrainer said:

Heh Vivem o DT :)

I won't even be here in the summer, I'm definately going to live my life with no interferances. Thanks frostweaver :) At least you care. But like I was saying, I'm not going to be here. My friends and my life await, and i need to spend more time with them before sophomore year.. we might not see each other during school so I have to get as much time with them as I can, even though I'll see them after school.

Back