• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon Based Off Of A Real Animal...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    great white shark
    pigeon
    lion (might be wrong)

~kian
    ...Pigeon?
    What do you think "Pidgey" is based off of? Yes it's a different colour but it's clearly supposed to be a pidgeon. It's common, it walks around in grass, it's annoying. It probably smells. lmao

Years
    I'd like to see a cuttlefish, meerkat, ostrich, or a water bear Pokemon. More elephants too! Wait, howz about cheetahs? That' be neat to see a cheetah Pokemon! What type would it be, though?
    I thought Suicune was a leopard pokemon which is really close to the cheatah family, no?
    As for more elephants, don't we already have Phanphy?
    Although the Ostrich sounds cool... it would be better if it were an Emu or Peacock though... :3

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
    cookie said:
    You have a point, but isn't Phanphy and Donphan a tad too small to be elephants? XD And also, last I checked, elephants can't curl up into a ball.

Would be funny if they did, though. XD
    Touché.

Although the Ostrich sounds cool... it would be better if it were an Emu or Peacock though... :3
    I always kinda wondered about a peafowl Pokémon. Maybe it could be a Psychic-type because of all the eyespots on the male's tail feathers...

Years
    Touché.
    I always kinda wondered about a peafowl Pokémon. Maybe it could be a Psychic-type because of all the eyespots on the male's tail feathers...
    a peacock pokemon! taht would be really cool!
    tiger and lion= liger, there we go, compromise.
    I.E. I win. :3
    And as for Trapinch being an ant... I'd actually say it's more of an antlion, not a pure ant... with 6 legs, antlers, etc.
    And do we have an evil chair/throne pokemon? :3

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    How about:

Hermit crabs?
    More snails/slugs
    A fossil Pokemon that is like the 'missing link'
    A polar bear?
    a dragon
    A mouse! (I know we have Pikachu...but how about a normal-type mouse which is more on the cute side of things?)
    Electric eels?
    Flying squirrels!
    a turtle
    A worm :D

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    How about:

Hermit crabs?
    More snails/slugs
    A fossil Pokemon that is like the 'missing link'
    A polar bear?
    a dragon
    A mouse! (I know we have Pikachu...but how about a normal-type mouse which is more on the cute side of things?)
    Electric eels?
    Flying squirrels!
    a turtle
    A worm :D
    cyndaquil is a mouse, and on the very cute side of things :)
    and i'm pretty much set on the one pokemon they NEED to make for Gen 5
    a LEMUR pokemon

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    -an elephant
    -a koala bear
    -a lion
    -a flamingo
    -a camel

....more exotic things like that would be cool!

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Mamoswine is the closest thing to an elephant though; so yeah. XD
    yeah, that's true. x] though i'd still find it cool if there was an elephant pokemon with the trunk, big ears, and the works! <3

Zephyr Wind

West Wind
    Years
    you know, almost everybody is suggesting water types. i mean, aren't there enough water types already?

anyways my list....
    umm....armadillo?(i dont think aggron exactly qualifys)
    maybe something like pegasus?
    i dont think there are any gorillas?
    maybe like a vikingish dragon/serpent?
    a lynx/bobcat?
    maybe a fossil pokemon that's more like a mammal, like a saber tooth, or diatryma(forgive me if you don't know what that is)
    a tasmanian devil?
    snow leopard?
    has there been a swan yet?
    wyvern?
    umm..... that's all i can think of :S

Zephyr Wind

West Wind
    Years
    actaully, typloshian and quilava and supposed to be porcupines/hedghogs.....
    althoough, now that i stop to think, i guess Tasmanian Devil is taken by houndour/poochyeana
    aerodactyl is a pterodactly

Years
    Just about no pokemon is going to be an exact representation of an actual animal. Take Entei, Suicune, and Raikou. I mean, nobody knows who the heck they really are.

So going from that, Aerodactyl is the closest thing you have to a wyvern, and while Quilava may share general traits with being a hedgehog, it's overall shape resembles a tasmanian devil. So it could be a cross, who knows?

Mutant animal pokemon FTW!
    What about a catdog pokemon? :3

Back