• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A simple yes no poll (Who acually wants a 5th Generation)

Do u want a 5th Generation

• !!!!YES!!!!

Votes: 124 83.8%
  • no

Votes: 24 16.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    With the people who say there running out of ideas i don't think they are other than spirtomb (that looked like a 4 year old drew it) they all looked pretty go to me

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I would also wan't a new generation but as everyone else has said creativity is lacking. But how awesome would it be if Nintendo learned from their mistake and completely blew us out of the water with new and origional pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2008
    Ofcourse I would like to have a 5th Generation. The reason ............ well i just like the games sooooooooo much. Infact i bought my Nintendo DS only for Diamond and Pearl!!! I know it seems crazy but what can i do? Im sort of ADDICTED!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I really don't want to see a 5th Generation. I mean, they have enough Pokemon as it is and I think they put enough in DP to pretty much keep it going for a while. And since they ended the Pokedex with Arceus (The god of the Pokemon) in this generation, it would be strange to see a starter come after it.

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
    Mew was kind of a god in the first gen and they added another lot on. I think their needs to be a new pokedex to sort all the evolutions and legendaries out (I think legendaries should be separate)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Mew was kind of a god in the first gen and they added another lot on. I think their needs to be a new pokedex to sort all the evolutions and legendaries out (I think legendaries should be separate)

The Ranger speaks truthful; Mew was displayed as the original one, but Arceus; the frankly stupid-looking excuse for a Pokemon, contradicts that. I personally wish they would have brought Arceus out as something, other than a God; because then I would agree with it, but I still call Mew the true original one.

The Pokedex has been pretty liquid, from its creation; the only problem I have is how it has been set out; Pre- and post-evolutions all over the place, in the middle of things that really have nothing to do with it. Stick them together, for crying out loud; Magmortar has nothing to do with Electivire. Although I do see that it looks somewhat "neater", having Pokemon from a particular Generation together.

So in my opinion, the Dex only shows them split into Generation order; just because Arceus is "last in the Pokedex" doesn't mean they should end it. It also doesn't mean anything; being last on the Pokedex. Just that its at the end of that Generations' Dex.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I kind of want a new generation for hopefully some walling upgrades to balalnce out the metagame. If they are planning special Garchomp as I type this, I'll pass, thanks ;)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    The pokemon games may be a bit repetitive, but I still love them. Although the 5th gen will probably be remarkably similar the 4th, I still think they should make one, simply because the more pokemon there are the more fun assembling teams and battling is.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    I wouldn't like a 5th generation; not that I want to see Pokemon end, but because 500+ pokemon would really be pushing it. I hope that they stop creating new pokemon, and then make new games that have different storylines, characters, etc. It would be even awesome-er if they combined all four regions in one game.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I'm excited in 5th Generation. Though I really want it. Want to be the first to get it. New places to explore, new Pokemon, new characters, new types and Gym Leaders and most of all the new 3D style. It is also possible that it might be a 4D style in the next generation. I dunno, but Platinum would be. I think.

rileyht

Dragonoligist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    Purely because it is too hard to name EVERY SINGLE Pokemon, like I used to be able to do.
    That and the novelty has worn out. Spin-offs and remakes from here on in I say. They have also run out of ideas. So I guess not so purely because... (see beggining of post)

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    yeah!!! we need a 5th gen.
    its boring if it ends in sinnoh.....(no more mysteries about pokemon...)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Fifth Generation is a must. Frankly, I don't see why Nintendo would stop creating Pokemon and games with new Regions. Pokemon Fandom still isn't anywhere near a downfall. Diamond and Pearl might have been a slip down the wrong direction, but as long as theres fans to keep and money to make, it's quite pointless to stop the Pokemon series here. No creation of a fifth generation would mean anime would end, TCG production would greatly drop, games of the "hero" type will end, and the fandom population will take a deep plunge. Honestly, it's just losing money if there is a new generation. Now, I am aware of the quantity of Pokemon being introduced, and how the number is quite massive. But animals and the number of species still have a far greater number than the species of Pokemon. I'm not saying the number of Pokemon should get to that number of the species of animals, but it should keep going on and on until the number of sales have found a plunge in the Pokemon gaming market. For me, Pokemon games are still as interesting as it used to be.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Without a doubt yes. And I hope they add tons of new things (pokemon, moves, types, items, concepts) and change lots of stuff to make it new and exciting.

About the number of pokemon...I've said this before and I'll say it again. There are 493 pokemon, and there are 7-year olds who can name every one of them in order. There are not too many pokemon.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    Nope, new games are nice, but I didn't like the 4th gen all that much, so unless they make way better Pokemon then the 4th gen I don't want a 5th.

Back