• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Sinnoh Appearance?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • It looks like on serebii.net Cythia makes yet another appearance in another game. (Just press Ctrl + F and type in Cynthia, you'll find it)

Soo, what is Cythia doing there? Why doesn't anyone find it weird she has never before seen Pokemon with her (you fight)? How did she get there? Do you think this ruins the whole "Isshu is isolated" idea? Discuss, please.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • She is the cchampion of Sinnoh so I think she would like to travel and catch new powerful pokemon :L

Years
  • Personally, I hate the fact that Cynthia is in B/W. She completely ruins the new feel it's supposed to give. Just stay in Sinnoh where you belong. 3:<

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think it's more implied she is Sinnoh-native. Though, it is possible. Maybe there's family? But I beleieve more she is studying Reshi/Zek, cus they remind me her of Dialga and Palkia and she studies them a lot.
    Yeah she is but she said her house in a different region so it could be Isshu :o!

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
  • So Cynthia is wandering around Isshu, and you can even challenge her to a battle. A better question to ponder is: Who's the stand-in champ back in Sinnoh at this time?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So Cynthia is wandering around Isshu, and you can even challenge her to a battle. A better question to ponder is: Who's the stand-in champ back in Sinnoh at this time?
    I'm guessing it works like the 8th gym in RGBYFrLg, they just close the League for some time while they are out doing whatever they are doing...

Years
  • I personally like the fact that both Cynthia/Blue are included in BW. That just makes the game more awesome, with more champions (and their themes too). She has 4 of her origional pokemon, and 2 new ones.

What'd be awesome is if you got to triple battle Red, cynthia, and Blue at once.

So Cynthia is wandering around Isshu, and you can even challenge her to a battle. A better question to ponder is: Who's the stand-in champ back in Sinnoh at this time?

Since this generation is occurring around RSE's time (Around 1st generation's time too because of FRLG) then this wold be a time before the sinnoh region. Sinnoh is around generation 2's time. So Cynthia may just be wandering around untill she becomes champ.

Time peroid 1-RBY, FRLG, RSE, BW
    Time peroid 2-GSC, DPPt, HGSS

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since Cynthia researches on Pokemon mythology, my guess is that she came to Isshu to research on its mythology as well.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It seems perfectly fine to me. Number one, she's a regional Champion, so there's whatever privileges come with that (the Snowpoint boat to the Frontier could be considered part of this), and she's into Pokemon myth and legend, so yeah.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I personally like the fact that both Cynthia/Blue are included in BW. That just makes the game more awesome, with more champions (and their themes too). She has 4 of her origional pokemon, and 2 new ones.

What'd be awesome is if you got to triple battle Red, cynthia, and Blue at once.

Since this generation is occurring around RSE's time (Around 1st generation's time too because of FRLG) then this wold be a time before the sinnoh region. Sinnoh is around generation 2's time. So Cynthia may just be wandering around untill she becomes champ.

Time peroid 1-RBY, FRLG, RSE, BW
    Time peroid 2-GSC, DPPt, HGSS

Waaaaaaaaait a minute... Blue's been confirmed then? I know they found his Champion music, but they didn't know if he was in the game or not (which would be odd lol.)

As for Cynthia... as I've mentioned in plenty of other topics, I love her. She is my absolute favorite Champion, and just generally one of my favorite characters in the Pokemon World. So I'm ecstatic about her appearing in this game, as well as being able to battle her! Plus, you do seem to get the idea that she enjoys traveling a lot, so in a sense it works out well. =)

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i think it's awesome that she is in isshu.
    and TECHNICALLY she isn't the champ anymore.
    Lucas is.
    so now that she is defeated she has more time to go and travel around the world!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    i think it's awesome that she is in isshu.
    and TECHNICALLY she isn't the champ anymore.
    Lucas is.

Lol, although that's true, none of the games ever really acknowledge the Player as the Champion. In the end, the game Champion remains the same. :P So taking that into consideration, I imagine GF would continue with this mindset.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, Isshu needs more Professor Oak. Cynthia being in a game is so stupid, they're just recycling things now.Actually, I rather like this. Cynthia was about the only leader that used good pokemon and it's great to see a trainer with more than a single working brain cell come back, especially someone as awesome looking as Cynthia.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • but ah HA!
    thats not true!
    in R/S the champ was Steven. but in Emerald it was Wallace.
    and then in SS the champ of hoen is still Steven.
    so they do acknowledge the fact that a champ was defeated.

Back