• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Absolutely Ridiculous Mafia - NIGHT 4 - Corporate Takedown (Purple Moon still in effect) [12/19 alive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
  • EVENT x3 COMBO

-

Omicron runs up to Aldo and swings at him with another right hook! Aldo tries to dodge but is quickly met with a fist from the left and is sent flying into several wooden chairs that splinter apart. He appears to be fine though.

Not more than a few seconds later, the sound of a Ramirez Buckshot rings out. Omi drops to the floor, dead. A smoking weapon rests in Charlie Brown's hands.

Charlie Brown... is mafia!

Also, paint markings have appeared on juliorain2's face!

Omicron was Sergeant "Golden Talon" Falken, REVERED WAR HERO. He was a VETERAN OF WAR, having fought in the GREAT DAEMON WAR OF 2015 in which a bunch of daemons and werewolves attempted to invade the Underground after an incident in some place called Haven. He always wore his uniform which boasted his war medals LOUD AND PROUD. He was part falcon and always kept a SHARP EYE. He's the toughest soldier he knows; ain't no one gonna mess with him while he's here. His wartime experience and sharp sense told him that there was a DAEMON RIGHT HERE IN THIS BUILDING. That sucker wasn't going to get him, NO SIR ABSOLUTELY NOT. He was going to take care of that thing whatever the cost.

Omicron was a Doublevoting Redirector Demon Hunter Delayed ?????

As a REVERED VETERAN, everyone respected him and as such his vote counted DOUBLE during the day.

AIN'T NO ONE GONNA MESS WITH HIM. At night he could REDIRECT any actions targeting him to a PLAYER OF HIS CHOICE.

He was going to find that Demon... Daemon... WHO CARES HOW YOU SPELL IT HE WAS STILL GONNA KILL IT DEAD. Each day he could check to see if someone was a Demon by posting PUNCH IN THE FACE: PLAYER NAME (or something similar). It's not clear how punching someone in the face can determine if someone is a demon, but his WAR EXPERIENCE suggested otherwise so no one was gonna argue with him on that. If he managed to find a demon, SOMETHING MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED.

Also ?????

Omi would win if all threats to the town are eliminated.

-

ATTENTION EVERYONE:​

DUE TO SOME POTENTIALLY COMPLEX SHIT,
    IT IS NOW MYLO

-

Alive/Deadlist [11/19 alive]

gimmepie - went mysteriously MISSING Day 3
    Pecilia - Kaz Wilkire, Town Loose Cannon, succumbed to a deadly toxin Day 3
    juliorain2 (replaced LuluRina)
    Aldo - ?????, went mysteriously MISSING Night 1, returned End of Day 3
    jdthebud
    Charlie Brown
    Kitty - Leonard Quillsbury, Town Scientist, succumbed to a deadly toxin Day 2
    Nakuzami - went mysteriously MISSING Day 3
    Kingsman
    Simply Dunsparce
    juliorain (replaced malanaphii) - Eric Reeshi, Town Messenger-of-All-Trades, hung via Silver Noose Day 2
    Bidoof FTW
    darthspikes (replaced Desinishon)
    5qwerty
    Sawsbuck
    Omicron - Sergeant "Golden Talon" Falken, Town Doublevoting Redirector Demon Hunter Delayed ?????, gunned down Day 4
    Bardothren - Henrietta Livingsly, Town Furniture Seeking Investigator, violently killed (body missing) Night 3
    Anteros - Cindy Sheermon, Town Inventor, hung via Silver Noose Day 3
    Mr. James (replaces Kolar™)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Well this isn't gonna end well for us lmao

Before we all start jumping at the flavour text, let's keep in mind the fact that I wasn't online after I made the last post and up until the "things are happening, please hold" post, I was asleep so I couldn't have submitted that action to shoot Omi.

Considering Omi literally just unvoted me, I would have no reason to shoot him.

The whole shindig with Pecilia was for me to achieve my half-win. I'm not a love doctor, I lied about that second part. To achieve my half-win I needed someone to publicly declare their love for me in the thread and saw that as the best opportunity to do so. I thought it would've made me and Pecilia lovers as well so I fully expected to die at the end of the day phase, not sure why I didn't.

GP & Naku disappearing was also my doing, not your's Aldo (unless by coincidence we both caused GP to disappear). They'll be back at the end of this day phase and can decide for themselves whether to reveal what happened, keeping in mind that revealing what happened will probably spell the end for town. (If they're both town.)

Also please take note that we have random af roles here and surely one of them can shoot a gun and frame someone else. And what kind of gun "reveals" alignment anyway tbh.

Also -- I've literally been mafia in my last four games and I generally lay a lot more low when I'm mafia than I have been playing in this game. Meta of me to comment on my own playstyle like this lmao but it's the truth.

And finally - Rabinov jumping onto me quickly does kinda seem like mafia trying to get started on an opportunistic lynch. This plus the "confirmation" that I'm mafia does seem like a pretty big set-up to me.

[vote] Rabinov

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    (Going to ignore the paint marks, scrutinizing the thread didn't give me any information about their source.)
    Something about it being MYLO with 11 players alive is making my subconscious nag my head very hard. It pains me not knowing what's it. Magic?

I don't think the flavour lies. ##Vote Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Years
  • I don't think the flavour lies

From the OP:

Expect some possible level of bastardry in this game, including incomplete Role PMs, moderator lies that can't be reasonably anticipated and possibly extra/hidden win conditions. (This is also dependent on the number of signups and the roles that make it into the game.)

Some other things about this game:
    Role flavor might be relevant. Phase post flavor will not be relevant (i.e. no hints) however kill flavor might be relevant!

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Ahhh. I forgot about that, my bad. But, if that's so, then this other thought of mine could make sense, and it might BLOW your MINDS. Literally!

magic-gif-3585190.gif

MAGIC!

See below:

1 - juliorain2
    2 - Aldo
    3 - jdthebud
    4 - Charlie Brown
    5 - Kingsman
    6 - Simply Dunsparce
    7 - Bidoof FTW
    8 - darthspikes
    9 - 5qwerty
    10 - Sawsbuck
    11 - Mr. James

The total of 11 players alive, and MYLO suggests that if Town lynches wrong, Mafia will kill to equalize the numbers and win the game. But if that were to happen, we'd be 9 players, which doesn't make sense if there's 4 Mafia, as it would be 5 Town, still within winning chance. It cannot be 5 Mafia either, as this would be LYLO instead. So, what's going on here?

But of course! Considering the situation we're in, it being MYLO actually clears Charlie Brown's name...despite the dubious event above saying otherwise. For Town to lose in this MYLO, 3 Town would have to die. One lynched, one killed by mafia, and another by unnatural causes. And the only thing that seemingly fits that description is Charlie Brown being poisoned, which means him dying is not benefitial for Town's numbers, which nullifies the announcement about him being mafia. Cleared by game mechanics?
    What do you think?

##Unvote Charlie Brown

Completely hot take: Both Charlie Brown and Omicron's name were on Kingsman's vote and action, respectively. Then, they both showed up on the event. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Superjolt

Years
  • I should probably say instead possibly MYLO due to certain things that may or may not be in play and/or may or may not happen

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was almost tempted to vote CB, however, considering that he will likely die at the end of this day phase, that would mean that we would effectively be throwing away a chance to lynch a mafia member.

The one light at the end of the tunnel, at least for today, is that Naku and GP are coming back and could provide some info on what is going on.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

Years
  • The one light at the end of the tunnel, at least for today, is that Naku and GP are coming back and could provide some info on what is going on.

Their disappearance has nothing to do with the mafia, it's just a side-effect of my role. Their disappearance won't help us at all with scumhunting so don't wait for them for guidance.

(Also they won't be back until the end of the day phase or the end of the night phase, so we've got to lynch properly first before they come back anyway)

Ahhh. I forgot about that, my bad. But, if that's so, then this other thought of mine could make sense, and it might BLOW your MINDS. Literally!

magic-gif-3585190.gif

MAGIC!

See below:

1 - juliorain2
    2 - Aldo
    3 - jdthebud
    4 - Charlie Brown
    5 - Kingsman
    6 - Simply Dunsparce
    7 - Bidoof FTW
    8 - darthspikes
    9 - 5qwerty
    10 - Sawsbuck
    11 - Mr. James

The total of 11 players alive, and MYLO suggests that if Town lynches wrong, Mafia will kill to equalize the numbers and win the game. But if that were to happen, we'd be 9 players, which doesn't make sense if there's 4 Mafia, as it would be 5 Town, still within winning chance. It cannot be 5 Mafia either, as this would be LYLO instead. So, what's going on here?

But of course! Considering the situation we're in, it being MYLO actually clears Charlie Brown's name...despite the dubious event above saying otherwise. For Town to lose in this MYLO, 3 Town would have to die. One lynched, one killed by mafia, and another by unnatural causes. And the only thing that seemingly fits that description is Charlie Brown being poisoned, which means him dying is not benefitial for Town's numbers, which nullifies the announcement about him being mafia. Cleared by game mechanics?
    What do you think?

##Unvote Charlie Brown

Completely hot take: Both Charlie Brown and Omicron's name were on Kingsman's vote and action, respectively. Then, they both showed up on the event. Coincidence?

Thanks for doing the maths Aldo, your logic checks out @ the only way for us to be in MYLO.

--

Considering literally no one is giving any reads:
    - Scumreading Kingsman for being quick to jump on me as a quick lynch
    - Townread on Aldo (based on his role and he's putting effort to think things through when now would be opportune for mafia to latch onto an opportune mislynch)
    - Slightish scumlean on julio mainly cos of the "we lost the cop!" comment that a lot of scum often throw out to appear inno, but would like to hear why he voted Rabinov without any comment
    - Townlean on Simply Dunsparce, posts seem a bit hesitant like he's waiting for guidance almost? But not in a bad way
    - Want to reread some of jd's posts tomorrow morning, unsure on him atm. Same with Sawsbuck and darthspikes
    - Scumlean on Doof since he's been MIA and has had a tendency to do that lately as scum (though it might just be a tendency to do that in general lately, can't remember)
    - Don't think I've seen any posts from 5qwerty. Dunno who Mr James is even, apart from the fact he replaced Kolar(tm)

Though tbh at this point the only person I'd be confident in lynching would be Rabinov. Just strikes me as odd how the phase has played out quite nicely to potentially set me up like this - him planting the seed of doubt in people's minds at the start of the phase and then the phase post """confirming""" I'm mafia, super convenient.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • So if GP and Naku are coming back and they're part of that political thing then couldn't they potentially win because 2 members are coming back? As well as CB dying and then another person being lynched. I don't really get how his role works so I could be very wrong.

I'm going to agree on the possibility of a scum in Julio or in 5qwerty as julio's posts aren't too high in scumhunting regard IMO and because I feel like I haven't seen anything of substance from qwerty. We've got a lot of time left in the day and I'm not 100% convinced on CB's innocence or Rabinov's alignment. Mainly due to the fact that if Aldo is aligned with Naku and GP I'm not sure if I can trust him. I'll wait for Julio's comment and any further defense before voting.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    So if GP and Naku are coming back and they're part of that political thing then couldn't they potentially win because 2 members are coming back? As well as CB dying and then another person being lynched. I don't really get how his role works so I could be very wrong.

Hold on. Are you saying that Naku and gimmepie are both mafia?

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Hold on. Are you saying that Naku and gimmepie are both mafia?

Nah I think he's saying that GP and Naku are aligned on the "anti-capitalism" thingo that GP was recruiting people for.

Pings, where are you guys. Scumreads please

ok I'll join this one since I died in the other one
    sorry not earlier, I can't manage two at once rn

Howdy y'all
    I'd like to join this here game if a possibility :)

I vote "Hey What's Up Guys It's Me Usher The Rapper Man" from the new album.

Last edited:

Superjolt

Years
  • EVENT

-

As the day progresses, suddenly everyone notices that the sunlight pouring in through the lobby windows begins to fade, and soon enough there's no sunlight at all. Everything grows dark, even the lights in the building start to dim. A purple light begins to filter in through the windows of instead. Everyone gathers at the windows to see what's going on. You all notice that the moon has strangely risen, glowing intensely with a bright purple light.

The PURPLE MOON PHASE has begun.

Spoiler:

Superjolt

Years

• Votals on the moonlight bay

Kingsman (2) - juliorain2, Charlie Brown
    Charlie Brown (1) - Kingsman

Not Voting (8): jdthebud, 5qwerty, Sawsbuck, Mr. James, Bidoof FTW, darthspikes, Aldo, Simply Dunsparce

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes for hardlynch and 4 votes for soft lynch!

The day ends in 25 hours from the time of this post

GM Notes:
    -​

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • uh, ok. So CB isn't mafia? I mean I didn't think he was before that post, so I am leaning towards believing him.

However, Aldo, one thing you are not taking into account is the possible existence of third party roles, especially given that we haven't seen any flip yet, and since this game is a ridiculous one, I would be shocked if there are none in this game.

Not saying that it invalidates your counting, especially since SJ clarified the MYLO as being "possible". And third parties can affect the majority counts in different ways depending on the role.

Also CB, which player is Rabinov? I see no Rabinov in the player list...

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Why do you make people disappear Mr CB?

In order to achieve my half-win, I had to first make a pair of people disappear and then have someone declare their love for me. Given how I saw an opportunity to get Pecilia to declare love for me, I just picked the first two people to come to my head lol.

-

Also let's notice for a second that Kingsman hasn't made an effort to defend himself yet. It's (potentially) MYLO, quite concerning that he's posted in the UG in the last couple hours but has decided not to post in this game..... if he was inno and I was making a hard push to lynch him surely he would speak up with a bit of urgency since we're maybe in MYLO. Just saying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back