• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Acro & Mach Bike

Years
    Acro & Mach Bike
    Acro & Mach Bike

Looking at the ORAS official website, we know that the Mach and Acro Bike are confirmed to return in ORAS, as separate bikes. Which one will you use more often, and why? Do you think they'll add any new environmental obstacles that you'll need the two bikes to overcome? Would you have rather seen them combine the two into one bike that changes gears, or do you like that they kept it the same as it was in the original RSE games?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm gonna go with the Mach Bike I guess. I like riding fast to point A to B albeit being harder to control. Either way, I think I will interchange them both form time to time, if the feature returns.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Acro Bike for me 'cause the Mach Bike was too fast for me back in the RSE gen. >.>
    ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    The Mach Bike. It's more fun for me to go faster.
    Gotta say I would have rather they just done the gear shift. The two bikes being separate was a waste of time. The areas exclusive to them weren't big enough or memorable enough to leave any sort of impression for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Depends. I like the Acro Bike but as of late I've just been using the Running Shoes (or the Rollerblades in X and Y) instead of any bicycle.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Mach bike overall. I'd only use the Acro bike for exploring areas accessible to them, or exploiting the bunny hop in chasing Lati@s with Repels. The Mach is faster, so it hence has that advantage.

Sure wish we could have both bikes rather than have to go to Rydel each time we want to change... Or as said above, combine them.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    The Bike Could have been the "Mach Bike"

And the Roller Skates could have been the "Acro Bike" that does all the fancy tricks.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I always used the Acro Bike because I wasted more time bumping into things with the Mach Bike than actually going places. The only thing fun about the Mach Bike was the broken floor puzzle in the Sky Pillar.

Sapphire Dragon

Let go of the scars that define you.
    Years
    The Mach Bike. It's more fun for me to go faster.
    Gotta say I would have rather they just done the gear shift. The two bikes being separate was a waste of time. The areas exclusive to them weren't big enough or memorable enough to leave any sort of impression for me.
    Completely agree with you on both. I love the Mach Bike more, I get where I need to go much faster, which is the point of a bike. I loved trying to go as fast as possible without running into obstacles.

They really should've implemented switching gears instead. It's much more convenient.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ah, well, I don't really have a personal favourite between the two really, I like them both! It does depend on each situation you're encountering though. Like the Acro Bike has a trick you can do to find pokemon in an unlimited time in the Safari Zone back on R/S/E, where you can just hop in a grass patch in one place, and you'll still be able to find pokemon! Plus, I think you should have the Acro Bike to explore more areas in the Safari Zone anyway~

Mach Bike is definitely great to boost speed, and I remember trying to beat my own time in the Cycling Road, hehe. Oh, and the Air Pillar. Mach Bike is important for that too. So all in all, I'll be more likely to switch between the two. As for the secondary question, I think they'll most likely keep the functions, but hopefully they'll have the Acro Bike have more tricks! And keep that hopping trick that still encounters pokemon, ohoho~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Ah, well, I don't really have a personal favourite between the two really, I like them both! It does depend on each situation you're encountering though. Like the Acro Bike has a trick you can do to find pokemon in an unlimited time in the Safari Zone back on R/S/E, where you can just hop in a grass patch in one place, and you'll still be able to find pokemon! Plus, I think you should have the Acro Bike to explore more areas in the Safari Zone anyway~

Mach Bike is definitely great to boost speed, and I remember trying to beat my own time in the Cycling Road, hehe. Oh, and the Sky Pillar. Mach Bike is important for that too. So all in all, I'll be more likely to switch between the two. As for the secondary question, I think they'll most likely keep the functions, but hopefully they'll have the Acro Bike have more tricks! And keep that hopping trick that still encounters pokemon, ohoho~

I hope that they keep the Mach bike as fast as the originals. While it was frustrating at times I did enjoy the challenge of having to control it, especially in Sky Pillar.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Haha, I liked the challenge that the Mach Bike brought, remembered when I first went through Sky Pillar, it was hard xD Took a LOT of tries before I made it to the top x3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I hope that they keep the Mach bike as fast as the originals. While it was frustrating at times I did enjoy the challenge of having to control it, especially in Sky Pillar.

Oh, definitely! I used to had fun trying to control it too, haha. Kept crashing into trainers and other objects a few times and who knows how many bruises they've gotten, but the bike has been mastered in time! I also used to use the Mach Bike all the time to hatch eggs because to me, it felt as though it took a smaller amount of time because you cover so many steps in a shorter time. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh, definitely! I used to had fun trying to control it too, haha. Kept crashing into trainers and other objects a few times and who knows how many bruises they've gotten, but the bike has been mastered in time! I also used to use the Mach Bike all the time to hatch eggs because to me, it felt as though it took a smaller amount of time because you cover so many steps in a shorter time. :3

I used it to hatch eggs too, going back and forth between Verdanturf and Mauville as fast as I could. Now that I know about the abilities that allow us to hatch eggs faster (I learned about them by the time Gen IV had already come out and by then I had already hatched all I wanted) it should be faster :3

Years
    Just as I was happy when I heard about the Marts once again being separated from the Pokémon Centres, I'm ecstatic about there being two separate bikes :) I like feeling when I'm changing my bikes to explore a new area that I've got a task to do, which isn't really there when all you have to do is press B to change gears.

I'll be switching between the two (especially as the Mach Bike will be easier to control now that there's the ability to move diagonally) but I'll be using the Acro Bike mainly - it may not be as fast as the Mach Bike but it's faster than walking at the end of the day and there's the added bonus of being able to bunny hop as well haha :)

Back