• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Act your age not your shoe size!

Years
  • Most of the time Nen thinks she acts more like her shoe size than her actual age. I find myself to be spazzy, naive, and very gullible, especially in real life. xD; However, people tend to say the opposite about me, so I'm not really sure which one's true.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Most people find me smart to the point of being annoying. I do however, act more mature for my age. Try to guess how old I am. XD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    imo being goofy on occasion and taking pleasure in "childish" pursuits =/= immaturity, necessarily.
    I agree. I can definitely be silly and enjoy 'childish' things. One can be mature but still have a child's heart and be able to have fun. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    So do you feel mature for your age?

It depends on your definition of maturity. But yeah, like most people are gonna say about themselves, I feel I'm mature even in terms of my personality..

Do people say you are? Or are you forever to be a kid?

Some say I am. Most of the others don't even care to talk to a boring and unexciting person like me.

How mature do you feel? :D
    As mature as mature can get. In only a few aspects though, I know I want to get better.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • It's a rare case indeed to find a 20-year-old college student who's responsible and cares about her education and career, not partying and blowing off class and generally having the 'this is pointless so I'm not doing it' attitude. I hate that.

Well, she pretty much explained my thoughts on this. Many my age think acting our age means drinking, partying, etc etc. I'll pass. I have better/more important things to worry about.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • I'm usually considered the most childish/crazy one amongst my friends in school. But I'm also the Chairperson of a club there, so in front of my friends, I'm pretty much immature and playful. Infront of the club members/juniors, I pretty much lock away that part of myself most of the time. If you aren't mature enough, you can't lead, I think. Oh, and apparently some of the younger members are afraid of me .__.;

But its totally not fun being mature all the time imo :0 We should let our kiddy side take over all the time sometimes :3

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Well... that phrase doesn't quite work for me. Currently I'm 15 and I wear a size 15, so....

I mean, I do act my age. I make inappropriate sexual gestures, and do many foolish things with my friends. I feel that that is acting my age, as everyone I know my age does those kind of things. However, I feel that I can be mature at times as well. It really just depends, as I don't think anyone is always a certain level of maturity.

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
  • I'm not mature at all, I never placed any value on maturity because most people who I know are to mature aren't having any fun :3. I can be mature if I choose to, but I don't think i'll ever choose to.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Yes. I am mature for my age. I find people my own age annoying, for starters. I don't enjoy things I should for my age, Hannah Montana and Twilight are perfect examples of this. Apparently people my age should love them, I can't stand them at all.

At the same time, I'm immature, not childish, but immature, if that makes sense.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I certainly think I'm mature online, offline hmm I'm not so sure :P

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • What about those people who have large feet?

Acting my age? I believe I act more mature than my age and other people say that as well. Though there's nothing wrong with acting immature from time to time.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Sometimes...I Act Like a 17 Year Old...:P

But Mostly...I'll Act my age...Especially towards my superiors, Parents, and customers...And thats all...everyone else I I'll Act whichever way I feel...Its my nature...:P

But of my friends IRL...I'm The Mature one...Everyone else acts like their 17...(I'll Occasionally join in though...:P)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • People often assume I'm older than I am because I tend to act more mature than others my age. Mainly because those others are complete idiots, and there's not much to compare with around my area :\

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not mature at all, I never placed any value on maturity because most people who I know are to mature aren't having any fun :3. I can be mature if I choose to, but I don't think i'll ever choose to.
    I think this is the problem with a lot of kids these days. They think maturity = never having fun. Huge misconception there. I have plenty of fun. I play games, joke around, have adventures, daydream, etc. and I'm quite mature. There is no such thing as 'too mature'.

Maturity is knowing and doing what's appropriate when it's appropriate. If you're at work or school, you should take it seriously, act professionally and be responsible. If you're hanging with friends, you should have fun and cut loose, so long as you aren't doing anything stupid, dangerous, or unlawful.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • I look, feel, and act mature. Sometimes:D

Most people do mistake me for someone in his early twenties or late teens, but that is based mostly off of appearance. I hear from a lot of people that I am really mature, but for all I know they could just be saying that.

Back