• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] ADVENT Crossroads (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Stinging Bea and Pudding are accepted!
    Nice chars, and I like how Pudding weaved in some subtle weaknesses in the character treats. Now, let's get to scheming how Kira, Nathaniel - and Kerry! - already know each other. I'll make sure you get into the Discord server we use, Pudding.

If It's ok with everyone else here, I'm gonna try again and reserve the Piplup and add the Marill as a basic starter as well, I've been trying to get out my SU but work kept me busy.

Don't worry <3 I hope you can get to it soon! But I certainly won't hound you until my own is done lmao

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'm done with Frid. Does he seem ok?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Astromancer is accepted! Frid seems like a good kid, can't wait to see them in action!

Years
  • I've been thinking abour returning to RP for a while, since my schedule is once again pretty free. May I reserve Totodile? I'll try to get SU ready during weekend.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been thinking abour returning to RP for a while, since my schedule is once again pretty free. May I reserve Totodile? I'll try to get SU ready during weekend.
    Yes! How lovely to see you back :D

Years
  • Okay, here it is. Just one thing about my su: I'm not sure if a term orphanage is used nowadays anymore for facilities like I put my character in. So if anyone knows more modern/fitting term, please let me know.

Ivy Mourningroar​
    Spoiler:

Name: Ivy Mourningroar
    Orientation: Straight? Did anyone actually know at this age?
    Birthday: 11th November 2003

Appearance: Ivy is relatively short, standing only at 5'4" tall. She has a slim build and weighs 128 lbs. Because of her small build, she gets tired pretty quickly from doing any strenuous activity like running or swimming. She looks young for her age. She has a naturally brown hair that she likes to let loose over her shoulders. She used to experiment with dyeing her hair different colors - few inches at the end of her hair still show the honey color she had before. Nowadays, she mostly keeps her hair naturally brown, but is still playing with the idea of dyeing them again. But she takes extra care of her hair and overall her whole image. She doesn't use lipstick, but she puts up make-up each morning. She also has a habit of using moisturizing cream on her hands ever so often. She has hazel eyes.

Ivy prefers to wear simple summer dresses with vibrant colors and motives. She is sucker for cute dogs, cats, bears and other Pokémon, so you can find them on most of her clothes. Aside from summer dresses, she can be seen wearing classic t-shirts and very short shorts. She doesn't really like wearing jeans or jackets, only tolerating them in winter. She also wears pink glasses. She can see almost fine without them, but she says that every great detective must have a recognizable accessory.

Family: Ivy's parents were Pokémon Rangers. When Ivy was 3 years old, her mother was sent on a dangerous mission. She never returned. Ivy's father decided to find her, leaving Ivy in a care of Ms. Carey - orphanage caretaker. Or at least that's what Ms. Carey told Ivy. Her memory of early years are fuzzy and she'll probably never fully remember them. She doesn't even know her parents' names, since Ms. Carey only knew them as Mr. and Mrs. Mourningroar. That's another mystery to solve!

So her "new" family is Ms. Carey and kids at the orphanage.
    Bobby, a 18 years old boy, who acts as a leader of kids and helps Ms. Carey as much as he can with taking care of younger kids. But since he's already old enough, he'll leave orphanage the same day as Ivy.
    Fletcher, almost 17 years old boy, who is Bobby's best friend and right hand. He is mostly seen taking care of Pokémon in the orphanage alongside Ivy.
    Kyle, a 14 years old boy, who isn't really on good terms with most kids in the orphanage. He only recently got into Ms. Carey care and isn't adjusting to it very well.
    Rosie, a 8 years old girl, who is looking up to Ivy. She is usually a target of Kyle's bullying and pranks. She enjoys taking care of Peter and Sarah and is usually seen with them, playing together with Mr. Nipper.
    Madeleine and Sarah, a 4 years old twins, who were brought to Ms. Carey care only few weeks before Kyle, are the orphanage's biggest focus right now. Everyone is trying to help Ms. Carey with them.

Aside from people, there are countless of Pokémon either living or spending time with kids. Ms. Carey has a couple of Mareep and an Espurr as pets. Regulars at the orphanage includes Teddiursa, Wynaut, Buneary, Tangela, Hoothoot, Natu and Vanillite. There is also Cacnea living among kids, but she belongs to Bobby. Rosie once found shiny Krabby that she calls Mr. Nipper, but she let's Ivy and Fletcher take care of him.

Key personality traits:
    Hyperawareness - As top tier detective, Ivy is always aware of her surrounding. She is used to take mental notes about what people around her do or say, in case it's useful later. Some details can slip past her, but it's nothing. At least there is something to figure out! While useful, this ability also makes it hard for her to fall asleep. She needs absolute silence to fall asleep. Because of that, she started wearing earplugs. She also can't stop a constant stream of thoughts running through her mind, another reason she can't get a good sleep.

Mindreader - Ivy's obsession with detective stories and her dream of becoming a detective made her study human behavior. She can predict how will others act and prepare accordingly. She can also use these predictions to turn the situation around. But not all of those predictions are accurate.

Actress - Ivy attented the dramatic club in the school. There she learned how to act, which she finds useful when dealing with suspects. She also got a basic ability to work with costumes and disguises.

Resourceful - Living in the orphanage, Ivy and other kids sometimes had to let their imagination take control to pass time. Because of that she's very resourceful and can come up with original solutions to obstacles in her way.

Sassy - Sometimes, her skills get a better of herself and she acts sassy towards others. She can think that her plan is the best and only way to accomplish her goal. Or that others are not as keen as her.

Likes and interests:
    Ivy grew up reading detective stories (some even from a certain Cianwood author). It only takes the smallest mystery to get her attention. She loves solving problems and catching culprits. Because of that she is also interested in mysterious Pokémon - especially Psychic and Dark-types.

She doesn't mind fighting, but feels like there isn't really any mystery to fighting. The strongest/smartest/fastest will always win. She is more interested in behavior of Pokémon. What motivates them? Why did they decide to live along us when they are so much more powerful than humans?

And as already mentioned, she loves cute Pokémon.

Main goal/aspiration(s):
    Ever since opening first detective book, she wanted to solve mysteries. She probably won't resist the call and will take a detour, if it means finding something mysterious there. She would love to find a new species of Pokémon, since that would leave a mark on a world and would be a living proof of her abilities. She also wants to find out what happened to her parents. If that is even possible. And of course she will help Rashirrin make Cianwood great again.

RARE starter:
    totodile.gif
    - male, knows Dragon Dance

Simple starter:
    natu.gif
    - male, Pokémon at the orphanage that decided to go with Ivy

Roleplay sample: It has been a while since this post, but I hope it's still okay. It's from Kitty's Kanto: Back to Basic from the last year: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9994106#post9994106

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

• Brass Tower burned down long ago. It was once a beautiful place deeply admired by the townspeople of Ecruteak City, until it was struck by lightning and was engulfed in flames. Three nameless Pokémon perished in the fire, much to the despair of the townspeople. After the fire was put out by a rainstorm, a rainbow came down from the sky and Ho-Oh appeared. Ho-Oh used its mystical powers to revive the perished Pokémon into Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. The three Legendary beasts appeared on top of the remnants of Brass Tower, leaving the townspeople of Ecruteak City in awe. But instead of rejoicing the rebirth of these three Pokémon, the townspeople feared the power of the Pokémon that had manipulated life and tried to suppress the Legendary beasts with violence. Due to this, the three Legendary beasts and Ho-Oh fled. Although they did not retaliate against the townspeople, they never returned to Ecruteak City in fear of what the townspeople would do to them.

- - - - - - -
    Name: Eri Nakajima

bRIvhnJ.jpg

Birthday: July 18th

Rk4VFTR.jpg

Appearance: She's about 5'7, and a slightly slim build. She has fairly flawless skin, and dark-brown hair that extends right to her shoulders. She has a dark blue dress with a white undershirt that is tied and decorated with a red ribbon. Over all this, she wears a black jacket that is mainly unbuttoned. She wears black long socks with dark blue shoes that is supported by buckles on each. As for her accessories, she mainly wears matching black gloves, and a red ribbon that supports her hair.

Family: Honorable grandmother Kaede and Grandfather Katsuo; she lives within a simple household where's she's raised by her grandparents - her grandparents got married, after journeying together and finding a sole rainbow wing that lost its luster.

Key personality traits:

+ Intelligence w/ Pokemon

Eri is very adaptable when it comes to pokemon, and pokemon terminology. It mostly comes to play whenever she encounters a new Pokemon; she could recall it's name, and type advantages. She prefers to be more pragmatic about solving problems, then rely on unreliable eccentric and obscure methods.

+ Loyalty +

Eri has loyalty to those dear to her. She has a strong sense of justice and is always willing to help out anyone in need.

+ Goal Oriented

Her main goals are the main reason of her taking this journey, and she strives to meet them, even to risk of herself. She is consistent, and takes pride on reaching her main dream: to be worthy enough to meet with Ho-oh.

Likes and interests: She enjoys learning the history behind many things when it comes to Johto, after all, history is what shapes all of us - what binds us - even today.

Main goal/aspiration(s): Her main goal for her journey is to capture every pokemon she can encounter, all for the sole purpose of meeting the legendary rainbow being: Ho-oh. Right now, her goal mainly consists of fulfilling the pokedex, and to collecting them all, but to go ever stronger for the purpose of this mission is something she also aims to plan towards.

Ra8OXow.jpg

- - - - - - -

RARE starter:

Froakie
    Susato
    Female / Torrent / Camouflage (egg)

simple starter:

Spr_2s_207.png

Gligar
    Ichiban
    Male / Sand Veil

**This Pokemon was living with the family for years, even being there as a friend as Eri grew up. She decides to take him along, just to help things out.

Roleplay sample: The Quest of 100 Friends pt.1

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are there still available spots to join?

Sure, I'll gladly fit one more player in! We sort of took a break between the prologue and Chapter 1 over Christmas, and because I was quite ill also. But now things should pick up!

If you get your SU up in the next day or two, you can still make a prologue post if you wish, otherwise just jump directly into Chapter 1 (Olivine City) which will be posted soon :3 Feel free to add me on Discord if we don't already have each other there. I'm easily found on PC's main server (or on HS1 if you're in there?)

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Got my SU here! Hope it's good:

Lyra Honda

1b16b1f1cb120728ff7a464141115eb3.jpg

Birthday: February 14th
    Appearance: Lyra is a young girl with long, pink luscious hair; most reaches her rump while her bangs are down to her neck, but held back by a pair of hairpins. Her eyes are soft green with a small nose and mouth with fair-colored skin.
    Standing at a height of five feet and one inch, she is athletic and has enough strength to flip someone over.
    Her outfit consists of: a white polo shirt, an apricot-colored knit cardigan sweater with pockets, a denim skirt ending above her knees, black shorts underneath, white knee-length socks, and brown ankle boots. Around her collar is a yellow, white, and black tie and on her left wrist is a silver, metallic, double-banded bracelet, able to fold, with two hole sets on either side of the bracelet where the bands intersect, framed by a simple rose design and in the holes are a pair of small marbles(one in each set).
    Family:
    Homura Honda - Homura is Lyra's Grandmother and the person she lives with at the moment. Her grandmother is a kind old woman who dearly loves her granddaughter, and will destroy someone if they mistreat her grandchild. During her time raising Lyra, she has taught the young girl how to cook, clean, sew, and defend herself, and with disciplining her into who she is today. She has an Arcanine and Gardevoir from her old team also living with her and Lyra.
    Spoiler:

Sally Honda - Lyra's mother and one of Homura's daughters. She used to be just as kind as her grandmother, but after her husband's disappearance after Lyra's birth, she took a 180 change. She became self-centered, greedy, materialistic, and seems to not care about what happened to Lyra, as long as she had someone to clean after her. After a few years, her mother, Homura, came and took Lyra away before more damage could be done.
    Unknown Father - Lyra doesn't know her father since he left when she was an infant, but her grandmother has told her bits of him. Except for his name and how he looks.
    Key Personality Traits:
    Compassion & Self-Sacrificing Kindness - No matter who it is, she is kind to everyone and whomever. She loves to extend herself to others and to help, it makes her feel happy knowing she helped someone. However, her kindness also has faults, to where she goes as far as to neglect herself and her needs just to help the others meet their needs and wants. No boundaries to separate self-sacrificing and generosity, she was taught that the former equalled being a good person.
    Conscientiousness - She likes to keep things organized and is independent, having learned how to take care of herself from a very young age; so she knows how to cook, clean, and sew. Discipline was a heavy concept in her childhood, having been taught to be polite, courteous, and mindful.
    Semi-Introvert - Lyra is an introvert, not fully however. She has few friendships, but those few are important to her, takes her time when it's decision-making time, and doesn't like to rush things. She doesn't mind being alone, but at the same time, she feels lonely, but doesn't express it. She prefers keeping her problems to herself and refuses to share, unless they're one of the close friendships.
    Likes & Interest:
    Music - Lyra loves music, either listening to it or playing it herself. She knows how to play the flute, but tends to keep it a secret between herself and her close friendships.
    Cooking & Baking - Not as much as music, but she does like to cook and find new recipes to make. She doesn't want to improve her cooking for money, but just to be able to make a better meal for her pokemon and friends.
    Sign Language - After an event in her past, she became a selective mute, only speaking to her pokemon and those she trusts the most, the only one being her grandmother so far. So she started to learn Sign Language in hopes of finding another way of communicating with the outside world since her phone and typing only goes so far. With how complicated the language is, in Lyra's opinion, she only speaks short phrases/a couple words since she still struggles with sentences.
    Aspirations: One of her goals is to be a strong trainer, doesn't have to be the best or strongest, but just being one of the strongest is good for her.

Spoiler:

Rare Starter: Napoleon 'Noa' the Piplup - Lvl. 5 / Torrent / Icy Wind (Egg Move)
    Noa is a male Piplup with a Hardy nature, and is strong willed.
    Spoiler:

Simple Starter: Momo the Sentret - Lvl. 5 / Keen Eye / Shiny
    Momo's a female Sentret who was found by Lyra when she was younger, and has been living with her since then. She has a Jolly nature and tends to be alert to any strange sounds.

Writing Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10250593&postcount=141

[These pictures don't belong to me, they belong to their rightful owners! Found them through Google!]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lyra is accepted! Welcome :D

I've sent you an invite to our Discord, in a DM. Do join ^^

Feel free to start directly on Chapter 1 IC, or sneak in a little prologue post if you feel like you have time :)

Silksong

waiting on tomorrow
    Years
    • Age 25
    • he/him
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    Heya! Been flitting around the community reacquainting myself with stuff after a pretty extensive hiatus, and stumbled upon this little gem! Just curious - I know this is tagged as open, but I can also see y'all have gotten stuff underway and have a good number of players already. I could probably draft up my SU in the next day or so - is it too late to throw my hat in the ring? No worries if so, this just looks pretty neat :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Heya! Been flitting around the community reacquainting myself with stuff after a pretty extensive hiatus, and stumbled upon this little gem! Just curious - I know this is tagged as open, but I can also see y'all have gotten stuff underway and have a good number of players already. I could probably draft up my SU in the next day or so - is it too late to throw my hat in the ring? No worries if so, this just looks pretty neat :)

Hi! Sorry for the late response, I've been having lots to deal with.

You're free to join in! We've hardly started tbh :D

Years
  • Is this ok?

Name: Mason Paddock
    Birthday: March 28

Appearance: On the thin side for his age, Mason is tall with straight red hair he can never keep out of a perpetual messy state. He has brown eyes and paler skin than normal for a beach town. Clocking in at a measly 90 pounds, he often gets pushed over by his own pokemon.

Family: Mason's family are a strict bunch, working as craftsmen, making bits and bobs for stores around Johto out of the various rocks and shells washed up on the beach. They are very controlling, and punish Mason at the slightest sign of a discrepancy. This has caused Mason to develop a rebellious streak and sneak off when he can.

Key personality traits: Mason tends to be on the silly side, playing practical jokes on his friends and making wise remarks often resulting in him getting slapped by an adult. However, the relaxed outer shell is an attempt to hide Mason's inner personality, indecisive, insecurity riddled with typical teenage thoughts, and constant stress from family, friends, and life in general.

Likes and interests: Mason loves to read as much material on Pokemon as he can, devouring it like a hungry Snorlax. He often sneaks off to local library to read more, or to the beach to study the Krabby and Shuckle there, another one of his obsessions.

Main goal/aspiration(s): Mason aspires to become a Pokemon professor, and learn even more about the world he is so fascinated and priveleged to live in. He is especially intrigued by the ways pokemon have changed over the many years, and adapted to new challenges and incentives.

RARE starter: Treecko, male. (Nickname: Gego) Illegal move: Infestation.

Simple starter: Tyrouge, male. (Nickname: Ty) More info in the roleplay sample, you'll see. :D

Roleplay sample: Mason's eyes darted from left to right as he slipped silently through the streets of Cyanwood. This was usual routine, but the adrenaline rushed still filled him with fear and anticipation. He decided to head to the beach. As he picked his way through the rocks and boulders, he surveyed the land. The beach was filled with large rocks, some of which held Pokemon, hiding inside from a threat of some kind. Mason slightly admired that ability. It seemed amazing to be able to instantly protect yourself from attackers, hide where no one could see you. He snapped himself out of his stupor and headed to the shoreline.
    He heard a faint smash from the distance, almost engulfed by the sound of gushing wind and slapping waves. He inched closer, and saw a huamoid form kicking a rock, shattering it in two. Mason quickly realized that no human could do such a feat, and as he got closer, saw that it was a Tyrouge, with an empty pokeball next to it. He analyzed the situation, and came to the conclusion that the Pokemon had been abandoned. It was such a cruel thing, to leave a domesticated pokemon to fend for itself. Mason realized that the Tyrouge was greiving, taking out its frustrations on the rock. A pebble fell from underneath his foot, and he nearly toppled down into the sand.
    The Pokemon's head snapped around, spotting Mason immediately. In a flash, he realized this was the opportunity he had always wanted. His hand snapped out and clutched onto the pokeball, chucking it at the pokemon. It clicked, and suddenly, Mason had a companion of his own. He was sure once they became acquaintanced, they would come to like each other. Mason slipped the ball into his backpack, chuckling to himself as he realized that his new friend would have no idea it had just become one of his most cherished possessions.

tyrogue.png
    treecko.png

Years
  • Back