• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aether Foundation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm surprised that with all the Pokemon Birthright and Pokemon Conquest that no one has mentioned that the skill Aether in FE is a combo of Sol and Luna (a.k.a. Sun and Moon) :P.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I don't know much about Alchemy, can someone explain how Pokemon Sun / Moon could possibly be the end if it's related to Alchemy?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Someone has pointed out that Colress could have a connection with the Aether Foundation and S/M.

Spoiler:

Colress does seem to fit the vibes that this corporation is giving off, he certainly has the eye and hair colour matched! Also, he was spotted in the pre-release X/Y artwork standing next to Looker in the Lumiose Avenue. I'll admit it is a long shot, but I guess it would support the "it all comes together" statement if that is more than just a throwaway comment.

And then this too.
    Spoiler:

In regards to his appearance, I don't think he's a part of this "happy family" because while he does have blonde hair his eyes are yellow, not green.

And that picture is way too far away to know for sure if that's Colress so I will pretend it isn't because you absolutely cannot have me thinking my Science Husband is going to be in this game I will not be able to handle it I cannot believe how uncannily that resembles him--

blue

gucci
    Years
    In regards to his appearance, I don't think he's a part of this "happy family" because while he does have blonde hair his eyes are yellow, not green.

And that picture is way too far away to know for sure if that's Colress so I will pretend it isn't because you absolutely cannot have me thinking my Science Husband is going to be in this game I will not be able to handle it I cannot believe how uncannily that resembles him--

Yeah, the appearence similarity was a bit of a stretch lmao. Buuuut this riddler who has been dropping leaks that have been accurate over the weeks has changed his picture to Colress... not to get your hopes up or anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yeah, the appearence similarity was a bit of a stretch lmao. Buuuut this riddler who has been dropping leaks that have been accurate over the weeks has changed his picture to Colress... not to get your hopes up or anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Buuuut this riddler who has been dropping leaks that have been accurate over the weeks has changed his picture to Colress...
    leaks that have been accurate over the weeks has changed his picture to Colress...
    changed his picture to Colress...
    Aether Foundation

Someone please help me.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    Lusamine, Gladion, and Lillie are most likely siblings. I like the fan theories going around with family estrangement, the Aether Foundation, and Ultra Beasts all being connected. Lusamine most likely initiated a bunch of unethical experimentation on humans and Pokemon to find a way to force synchro evos (like Ash-Greninja) with the Aether Foundation resulting in the Ultra Beasts - this includes using Pokemon confiscated from Team Skull for experimentation. Gladion likely left in disgust to rebel and unfortunately found an unhealthy outlet in crime. I can see Gladion becoming an anti-hero like Team Magma in Sapphire or Team Aqua in Ruby - I don't think Team Skull as a whole is going to become good, but I think Gladion individually is going to redeem himself to stop Lusamine's plot and make up with Lillie with the help of the player.

I'm a bit on the fence on whether Lillie is a failed synchro of UB-01 as the fan theory going around says, but I think she is a neutral party working for the professor because she rejected both of her elder siblings' actions. I see her playing a little sister role like Elise in Fire Emblem Fates in which she is ultimately loyal to her family but isn't committed to political squandering.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    My gut reaction was they were evil and same with just about every other person on the planet. There must be some reason everyone feels that way right?

we haven't actually had any hints at all that they're evil even though they pretty much spoon-fed us the connection between lillie and ub-01. I feel like they'd be "misguided" more so than "evil" if they really do have a shady side. Tbh they all look so lovely apart from faba.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    idk guys I think they can be trusted for the most part.

althought it'd be a pretty big plot twist if there was some team magma/aqua type **** and they're both not only against the player but against each other.

Though, if they're anything like Magma in Sapphire, and Aqua in Ruby (and the remakes) then they wouldn't be antagonists. Tbh the non-aggressive team didn't even feel like anti-heroes in those games. Only in Emerald were both groups antagonists.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    What I'm also guessing is that these might be this games version of the elite four but it seems like you do missions with them before you battle them and they all contain and ultra beast which I'm guessing are the legends in these games

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    The Real Evil Team!!!

Why do i have a feeling the Aether Foundation is going to turn out to be the real bad team in alola and we are going to need to team up with Team Skull. Anyone else think this will happen. I think it would be a nice twist to the story. Lets discuss thoughts.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think Aether and Team Skull will play a similar role to Teams Magma and Aqua in that they're both antagonists that oppose each other.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Aether and Team Skull would be 2 sides of same coin.
    First , Team Skull cause trouble and hurt many pokemon.
    Then Aether Foundation coming in to "Help" those pokemon But they actually run various experiment on them.
    Basically , Aether Foundation = Team Skull.
    However , Some Member of Aether Foundation would be unaware of this.
    Just like Captain America : Winter soldier.

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Wicke seems way too innocent to do evil, in my eyes (even though her name is literally one letter off from Wicked. Maybe take away the glasses and put her hair down??). The old man seems fishy, and so does Lusamine, plus it's really weird how the minions (shall I say "grunts"?) have their own artwork too.

Oh yeah, and Lusamine also has a gigantic Z-Crystal on her. We must fight her at some point at least.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Team Skull don't really come across as intrinsically evil, they're more of a dysfunctional group of thugs trying to be badass. The Aether Foundation seem a lot more established and set in their ways. I wouldn't be surprised if their artificial island to "help Pokemon" turned out to be their team hideout for their real corrupt intentions.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It would be really cool if we could side with Team Skull. I mean, if there were ever an evil team that I'd side with it would definitely be those guys!

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    So, food for thought... if the Aether Foundation truly were a corrupt organization, I wonder if you'll partner with Team Skull later on to defeat them?

If the plot was revealed to be that way, I could see the teaming up with Team Skull totally happen, as Guzma your BOI come to realize that Trial Captain is minor inconvenience compared to Aether Foundation's evil scheme.

Right now the possible plot could be:
    1. We fight early on against Team Skull, but later on we found out that Aether Foundation is the true evil, thus we team up with Team Skull and fight against Aether Foundation
    2. Aether Foundation is the good guy in the end after all, and we only have to fight Team Skull
    3. Team Skull join up with Aether Foundation to make the biggest schemes of all

...Personally I prefer option no.3 because that means we get to fight 2 evil teams, which means doubles the fun and doubles the evil - "Prepare for trouble, and make it double~" XD

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I would love to team up with Team Skull, imagine fighting alongside your boy Guzma?? Seriously though even when they were first revealed Team Skull didn't scream "EVIL" to me, they just seemed like a group of Punks and Rejects who turned corrupt after being mistreated, hell Plumeria even cares for the grunts!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I know I'm like the only person who wants this but if Hau joined Team Skull and then you had to join forces with Team Skull to try and stop Aether Corp. it would make for a pretty sweet reunion and some nice character development on Hau's part.

But even if Hau doesn't do anything, something about Team Skull gives me vibes that they would help out the player if Aether Corp. tried to do something especially sinister.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    A lot of what's been mentioned in previous responses plays into my own view that the Aether Foundation is the true evil team, but let me add another tidbit as food for thought.

Lusamine has the most robust and unique design of any character we've seen so far. Since there are no gym leaders in this game, that kind of overdesign would most likely be reserved for either the leader of the evil team, or the regional champion.

It sounds like Aether is trying to pitch itself as Alola's Silph Co., but they seem way too developed to serve that kind of position in the plot.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A lot of what's been mentioned in previous responses plays into my own view that the Aether Foundation is the true evil team, but let me add another tidbit as food for thought.

Lusamine has the most robust and unique design of any character we've seen so far. Since there are no gym leaders in this game, that kind of overdesign would most likely be reserved for either the leader of the evil team, or the regional champion.

It sounds like Aether is trying to pitch itself as Alola's Silph Co., but they seem way too developed to serve that kind of position in the plot.

Other major characters sometimes get a lot of detail, and some champions aren't even hugely detailed (Blue, Lance, maybe even steven)

Back