• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aldnoah Zero

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    You guys know Gen-sensei. He always creates a really nice exposition... then dumps the story on someone else because he can't end just as mindblowingly as he started it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    That was a mindblowing start? Felt like a recycled hash job to me. Was excited to see that Urobuchi only had 3 episodes but only managed to sit through an an episode and a half before it got too much. Will keep an eye on how it develops though, hopefully something will make me want to pick it up again.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    I'm quite saddened that Urobutcher isn't writing the entire thing. I'll see how the fourth episode goes though... At least I still have Kalafina and Hiroyuki Sawano to make things bearable.
    You guys know Gen-sensei. He always creates a really nice exposition... then dumps the story on someone else because he can't end just as mindblowingly as he started it.
    Well IMO Fate Zero, Psycho Pass and Madoka had mindblowing endings.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Well... people started being wary of him after Madoka and Psycho Pass :D

Not sure what you mean by that. Thanks to his Nitro+ background Gen was pretty huge even before he had an anime credit to his name. His 2human4u shock value over actual substance approach had been very evident since the very beginning.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Not sure what you mean by that. Thanks to his Nitro+ background Gen was pretty huge even before he had an anime credit to his name. His 2human4u shock value over actual substance approach had been very evident since the very beginning.
    I meant that after writing Madoka's and PP's endings it looks like he was banned from writing the whole series.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    I watched Madoka a long time ago, but I remember having the impression that the way Homura's side of the story was masked was done very well, but that otherwise it was just putting strange occurrences out there and explaining it in the second to last episode, and wrapping it all up with the last.

In terms of story prototypes, it was Mekakucity Actors with explanations.

Years
    I'm loving this series. The latest episode was great!
    Even if somehow they make an awful ending, at least this will be the best music of this sesaon(and maybe even for the year).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'm loving this series. The latest episode was great!
    Even if somehow they make an awful ending, at least this will be the best music of this sesaon(and maybe even for the year).
    I think they could make it 2 cours split actually...
    I still get Buddy Complex vibes from this so I wouldn't be surprised if it followed the same principle.
    But it's Urobuchi, it cannot be bad =D
    Inaho is pretty awesome character.

Years
    Pfft. The emperor was so easily manipulated. I really just don't like how discriminatory these Martians are just because they have better alien tech.

As for Inaho, I'm waiting for the possible curve ball that this is another time loop heh.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Finished episode 4 just now. That overly familiar yet amazing-ass ED. I loved it.

Gonna go ahead and watch episode 5 after I'm done studying for the day. And then will post my thoughts on the series as a whole upto this point. But yes, I do agree - I like the OST quite a bit too.

Back