• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aldnoah Zero

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

Aldnoah Zero

In 1972, the Apollo 17 mission discovered a hypergate to Mars on the surface of the moon. Soon, a war breaks out between Earth and Mars, and Martian soldiers begin to descend from the sky, riding steel giants, intent on exterminating humanity.

(Source)

Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jul 6, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Nitroplus, Aniplex of AmericaL, TROYCA
    Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    First episode was nice. I like the deadpan main character. Also, if what happened at the end of the first episode was true. GOOD JOB UROBUTCHER, ALREADY STARTING THE MASSACRE WITH A BANG.

Akiba

Years
    First episode was nice. I like the deadpan main character. Also, if what happened at the end of the first episode was true. GOOD JOB UROBUTCHER, ALREADY STARTING THE MASSACRE WITH A BANG.

Sasuga Gen-sensei.

Massacre, you say. Of course I believe that the Princess is dead.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    Episode 2; one word - Destruction. XD

Spoiler:

I've high hopes for this anime. Hoping that Marito gets development and more screen time as well. Inaho bugs me for some reason.

Years
    This episode was awesome. I am loving the MC, he feels so different then most MCs.

Spoiler:

The series will be IMO at the top of this season with Tokyo Ghoul and Zankyou no Terror. I just can't wait for the newer episodes.Oh my god the music is great 10/10.

Akiba

Years
    Did you guys get the A Raisin in the Sun reference in the first episode? I laughed so hard at that.

Or is 1959 too old for you ;^;

Years
    Thoughts:

Lol they just wiped out the entire Earth Communications grid. Always remember to do that, alien invaders.

Martians OP. Though Its kinda boring to watch an anime where one side just gets wiped out. Kinda absurd though that the Martians think they're all better than people from Earth just because they have better mechs and tech. Its only been what? Like 1 generation between the separatist Mars movement and the war? Then again Humanity's history has been filled with such things.

Still I guess this is a slightly more realistic portrayal of a vastly technologically superior foe going against humanity than the typical mecha series.

LOL Shield Arrays on the Martian Fighter? Hax. Hehe.

Oh look, planted Martian terrorists. And that's why I'm not a fan of hardliners in any military and society. You eventually get used as pawns and seen as easily disposable. *sigh*

Hmm...I wonder if the MC was some sort of experimental subject before. These stoic characters typically have such back stories hehe.

Akiba

Years
    I honestly tried, but the art and animation style are not my thing and I literally can't watch it.

But I'm still going to watch Zankyou no Terror ;^;

Spoiler:

And that's why I'm not a fan of hardliners in any military and society. You eventually get used as pawns and seen as easily disposable. *sigh*

Lol @ MW2

Years
    Bland main character (Mr. Eggy). Meh art, but interesting Martian eyes. Slow first episode with not very imaginative story. Most interesting character (may just be his voice, and because this is between Mr. Eggy the Rock, Cane-Slapped Terran, and Euphemia II) so far: Cruhteo.

I did like the explosions at the end. I will treat this like Transformers: watch for the fireworks.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    The series has indicated that there will be just as much infighting between the Martian invaders as there will be fighting between the Martian and Terran forces, which is definitely an interesting spin on things.

Akiba

Years
    Lol the Martians use jQuery

Aldnoah Zero

This is like really inefficient code too

Years
    This is like really inefficient code too
    They invested too much money in their shiny mecha. Who needs advanced, efficient Earth tech when they can annihilate our latest planes and mecha (which are nowhere near as pretty) and nuke cities by landing on them? :P

Spoiler:

I'd also like to warn y'all, with this as my evidence, that Urobutcher will write only the first 3 episodes. He is also not the director. That man, Aoki, has directed Ga-Rei Zero and Girls Bravo. The writer after Urobutcher, Takayama, has written the scripts for Boku no Pico and its sequels; Ga-Rei Zero; the first FMA; Tokyo ESP (ongoing); ef: A Tale of Melodies; and ef: A Tale of Memories, among others. And I imagine Urobutcher consulted them for the 3 episodes he is writing.

So if someone can't taste Urobutchery, that's why. "This", "Aoki", and "Takayama" contain links.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'd also like to warn y'all, with this as my evidence, that Urobutcher will write only the first 3 episodes. He is also not the director. That man, Aoki, has directed Ga-Rei Zero and Girls Bravo. The writer after Urobutcher, Takayama, has written the scripts for Boku no Pico and its sequels; Ga-Rei Zero; the first FMA; Tokyo ESP (ongoing); ef: A Tale of Melodies; and ef: A Tale of Memories, among others. And I imagine Urobutcher consulted them for the 3 episodes he is writing.

So if someone can't taste Urobutchery, that's why. "This", "Aoki", and "Takayama" contain links.
    I knew about it... it's kinda sad that Urobutcher doesn't do complete seasons in the few previous years...
    And... who didn't expect this to be 2nd Ga-Rei Zero? =D

Boku no Pico writer?

I'm sold.
    Sasuga Netto

Martians just randomly chose wrong programming group to copy their code =D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Urobutcher isn't doing this. I'm out.

no tho seriously y u do dis urobutcher!?

I'm at the fence. Possess limited data usage capabilities. Dunno if I should give it a shot or not. :(

Back