• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen All DW Pokemon art revealed

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    How would you even get castform in there in one of its alternate forms

Years
  • Spoiler:

I like Miltank's pose.

Spoiler:

Ambipom looks even better like this!

Spoiler:

Oshawott looks so cute!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love the Wobbuffet. :D
    It's caption should be: WOBBUFFET! :)

Also, CASTFORM. Yay :D
    And for some reason, Tirtouga looks surprisingly blue... I thought it had a grey shell?
    Vanilluxe looks just like it's in game graphic :)

-totodile42
    The Dream World art for the whole evolution line of Vanilluxe is pretty creepy in design, imo. XD Even the Dream World art for Vanillite looks dumbfounded, and it's the only one I like out of its evolutions.
    I mentioned this in someone's blog IIRC, but I love Jirachu's DW art. It's so adorable. :3 Lugia's is pretty epic too. :D
    I love the Dream World art for those two! It really fits them or just how I see their "personality" as, very well.

Spoiler:

Where's the peace sign D:
    Aw, I think GameFreak should've made Victini hold out its peace sign, but I guess they went for something different for it. :( Either way, it still looks pretty nice. My only complaint on the pose made is that it looks more of a gentle, quiet and careful Pokémon in that design, and not that cheery.

Spoiler:

I think she Looks great IMO.
    The art does look pretty awesome. :D The spikes on its tummy looks a little odd though. owo;

I love how most of the Pokemon have different poses as to what we see in their sprites, such as Vuljina soaring instead of just sitting their; just gives them a bit more class. :)
    Agreed! There are some however, that look better with the pose they strike in their sprites though. :P

Azelf. I don't know why. Maybe the pose, looks a bit like an opera singer or an actor/actress.
    Spoiler:

Also Heracross. I didn't know it had wings!!
    Spoiler:
    Haha, Azelf looks cutee. :3 Though the pose seems kind of awkward to me, I thought of Azelf to look more like a careful/fierce type. This one looks cheery and bright. :B

First time knowing Heracross had wings? D: It looks adorable in that design though.

I like the Golem art, it looks kinda 3d
    All DW Pokemon art revealed

This would be my first time taking a look at Golem's Dream World art. Meh, not one of the best ones out there, but it's alright. Though I can see where you say it looks a bit 3D, where it's rocks bulge out anyway.

Super-Gurdurr begs to differ.​

All in all, I like the dream world art, as it gives us a new alternative to the seemingly-bland, Sugi Art. I especially like the light colors used in the DW art of many Pokemon.
    So buff! n_n

But I have to agree with you, the colors given for many of them are really interesting, and their poses aren't as bland. Like Adam. said, the design difference between sprites and the Dream World was a great idea.

I'd like to see a bit more discussion here, so I'm bumping it.

Anyway, I'm taking a liking to Hydreigon's DW art:
    Spoiler:

It looks a lot more intimidating than its original art.
    Yes, keep the discussion going on! Make your opinions heard, you all. x)
    Though the art for Hydreigon looks bland to be honest. The eyes and its pose as a whole is what makes me think so. Its body is a bit too round too, and the tail just looks out of place, if that makes any sense. That's just my opinion though.

Spoiler:

I like Miltank's pose.

Spoiler:

Ambipom looks even better like this!

Spoiler:

Oshawott looks so cute!

I love the Dream World art for Ambipom. *-* It looks so high-spirited and cheery. :)

Years
  • Here's some more DW artwork opinions by me:

Spoiler:

Piloswine looks so fluffy!

Spoiler:

Roselia was one of my faves, like this pic!

Spoiler:

Best Manectric artwork ever! Love it.

Spoiler:

Buizel looks happy!

Spoiler:

Buneary looks cuter than ever!

Spoiler:

Love the coloring. Skuntank is one of my faves.

Spoiler:

Love Gothorita's pose in this pic.

Spoiler:

Male Frillish looks bright and true blue!

Spoiler:

Female Frillish looks pretty in pink!

Spoiler:

Great beautiful Reshiram pic! Nice.

Spoiler:

Awesome badass Zekrom pic! Cool.

Years
  • My favorites are:

Spoiler:

Gothitelle <3333333333 she's just sooo keeoteee

Spoiler:

Hydreigon <33333333 very cute and adorable, charming and badass!

Spoiler:

Giratina! <3 She/He looks cute here XD I want one!

Spoiler:

Misdreavus~ she's adorable! and her eyes are too cute <3

Years
  • Might give some more DW artwork:

Spoiler:

Best Yanma pic ever! Love it.

Spoiler:

Zebstrika looks so cool!

Spoiler:

Love the DW artwork of Vespiquen!

Spoiler:

I love Staraptor's DW artwork too!

Spoiler:

Swadloon looks good!

Spoiler:

Elgyem looks so cute!

Spoiler:

Lilligant looks so beautiful!

Spoiler:

Pansage, Pansear and Panpour - best artwork of the three!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's probably because the Monkey trio were traced from either Sugimori's official art of each Pokémon, or the reference art he drew for the sprite artists to use.

It's harder to mess up that much when you have a good base, although even then some proportions leave much to be desired.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Most of my favourite Pokémon look really derp (Houndour) or else their art is essentially just their normal Sugimori art (Cherrim) which is really, really disappointing. XD; Though apparently Cherrim's sunny form is there. Wonder how you get that. n_n;

Nosepass seems to be dancing though, which is fun! Awww and look how cute Vanillite is!!

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I like pretty much all of the DW artwork, they're all very simple and elegant. <3 The only one I dislike is Shikijika:

:/ The colours doesn't look right

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I love Grimer's pic. He looks so shocked! Eelektross looks surprisingly awesome.

I hate electrike. :/ WHY did they have to use that pose???

Half and half. Some I like better, some not so much.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'd have to say Scizors is one of the best by far, he just looks slick haha. But the worst has gotta' be Probopass or 'Pedopass' which I shall now call it since looking at its DW art. :|

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like pretty much all of the DW artwork, they're all very simple and elegant. <3 The only one I dislike is Shikijika:

:/ The colours doesn't look right

Really? Seems fine to me. If anything, I'd say the way its eyes are drawn looks odd, rather than its colour. Infact, it seems a lot like the in-game sprites in terms of colour tbh.

I'd have to say Scizors is one of the best by far, he just looks slick haha. But the worst has gotta' be Probopass or 'Pedopass' which I shall now call it since looking at its DW art. :|

lol!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Really? Seems fine to me. If anything, I'd say the way its eyes are drawn looks odd, rather than its colour.

Its body is a much too strong shade of yellow compared to other depictions of the Pokémon. Most dream world artwork has a weird choice of colour going on.

Infact, it seems a lot like the in-game sprites in terms of colour tbh

Artwork should not be coloured the same as a sprite.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Uno!: I love Feraligatr. It's wonderfully drawn and very in character.
    Dos!: I hate Pikachu. Too cartoonish for my liking.
    Tres!: Um...I dunno. I don't really have much of an opinion either way...=/

Back