• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All pokemon are herbavore?

Do you think all pokemon are herbavores?

• Total voters

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
Years
  • Hey what i don't get is taht all the pokemon in the anime only eat grass or poke chow cause like look at some of them you have the eevee family and they only eat poke chow but theres a ratta going cross the floor and being a cat it does nothing? or you have the wolf like pokemon mightyena don't you think he would prefer a nice juicy donphan for break feast instead of some poke chow? so tell me do you think that all pokemon just want to eat a little dog treat and graze on grass?

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • No. Many Pokemon are carnivores, they just don't say it outright on the show. One of the Pokedex entries for Umbreon says something along the lines of: "It waits in the shadows, waiting for its prey."

I think Oddish and other Pokemon like that rely on sunlight for food, like our plants, but can eat Poke Chow. How else woudl they be so peppy 24/7? But that's just my theory *shrugs*

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • well Roserades attract prey with their roses then they kill em with the thorny vines. and after that they probably eat thier prey.

ShadowWind

Years
  • No. Many Pokemon are carnivores, they just don't say it outright on the show. One of the Pokedex entries for Umbreon says something along the lines of: "It waits in the shadows, waiting for its prey."

I think Oddish and other Pokemon like that rely on sunlight for food, like our plants, but can eat Poke Chow. How else woudl they be so peppy 24/7? But that's just my theory *shrugs*

how could they be peppy 24/7 when the sun isn't out 24/7

ShadowWind

Years
  • well Roserades attract prey with their roses then they kill em with the thorny vines. and after that they probably eat thier prey.

thats strange you have a man eating plant on the loose? that makes it so i don't want pokemon to be real some of them are scary besides do oyu think pokemon would be happy with the fact we attack them with their bretheren then throw balls at them all day long and then force them to breed well they probably don't mind that last one >.<

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • how could they be peppy 24/7 when the sun isn't out 24/7

I was exaggerating, but maybe they store some for when the sun isn't out.

I would say they're all omnivores, they just don't show the dog-eat-dog world, so to speak, on the anime.

That's an interesting idea, I never thought of that... But I end up breaking into a smile when I imagine Entei eating grass xD

ShadowWind

Years
  • I was exaggerating, but maybe they store some for when the sun isn't out.

That's an interesting idea, I never thought of that... But I end up breaking into a smile when I imagine Entei eating grass xD

so do i and i also break up in laughter when i imagine oddish being a vicous cannible =P

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, I remember reading in one of the earlier Pokedexes that Pidgeot eat Caterpie. So there, XD.

And there is of course the Swellow & Wurmple team in Mystery Dungeon #2. Throughout the game the Wurmple is wondering whether his teammate will ultimately end up having him for dinner one day. XDD so I don't think he'd think that if Pokemon were all herbivores.

ShadowWind

Years
  • Well, I remember reading in one of the earlier Pokedexes that Pidgeot eat Caterpie. So there, XD.

And there is of course the Swellow & Wurmple team in Mystery Dungeon #2. Throughout the game the Wurmple is wondering whether his teammate will ultimately end up having him for dinner one day. XDD so I don't think he'd think that if Pokemon were all herbivores.

good point i originally posted this to show how much editing they add into the anime and to be very funny =P also love your sig almost wet myself >.<

OMFG WHICH IDIOT THOUGHT THEY WERE ALL HERBAVORES >.< luls

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I would enjoy a more pg-13 anime, no trainers.

just following a typical wild pokemon, zigzagoon perhaps?

Based on a raccoon, it would be an omnivore definately.

the series would show the forest-life of pokemon, without any humans for the most part.

ShadowWind

Years
  • Sneasles eat Pidgey eggs.

You if anyone, since you started this thread. Ah-ha ha.

actually i voted for the garydos one ^_^

I would enjoy a more pg-13 anime, no trainers.

just following a typical wild pokemon, zigzagoon perhaps?

Based on a raccoon, it would be an omnivore definately.

the series would show the forest-life of pokemon, without any humans for the most part.

isnt taht a little off topic?

Last edited:

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that Tyranitar won't be content with munching on some grass. They need Starly eggs and Miltank limbs to survive!

ShadowWind

Years
  • I think Misty said that in Season 1 episode three. She said something like "Don't be stupid, Ash, birds eat bugs!"

~Night

oh yeah with the samuri dude who had the pinsur and ash was trying to catch caterpie and she said ASH DO SOMETHING! what! don't be stupid ash you just caught a pidgey birds eat bugs!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Things like Ekans and Arbok have been known to eat Pidgeot, meaning they are indeed carnivores.

Back