• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

Years
    Alolan Forms and PokeBank Transfers

Ok, so we have new Alolan forms for a lot of Kanto Pokemon. We can also transfer Pokemon over from the Red, Blue, and Yellow games.

So, If I transfer Meowth over, will it automatically change to an Alolan Meowth? Or will my original Kanto Meowth stay the same?

Will it gradually change, I mean, is this a thing that'll happen over time?

If it doesn't change, what the heck kind of moves will pass on to the baby Meowth, if I breed the Kanto Meowth with an Alolan Meowth? SO MANY NEW POSSIBILITIES. Kanto Ninetails bred with an Alolan? Fire and Ice attacks?!?!

So yeah. could somebody clarify?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really just want to see Lumineon get an Alolan Form tbh. It would be great to see some of the other Pokemon get them sure, but Lumineon is such an underrated Pokmeon that could potentially be so much better with an alternate form.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Ok, so we have new Alolan forms for a lot of Kanto Pokemon. We can also transfer Pokemon over from the Red, Blue, and Yellow games.

So, If I transfer Meowth over, will it automatically change to an Alolan Meowth? Or will my original Kanto Meowth stay the same?

Will it gradually change, I mean, is this a thing that'll happen over time?

If it doesn't change, what the heck kind of moves will pass on to the baby Meowth, if I breed the Kanto Meowth with an Alolan Meowth? SO MANY NEW POSSIBILITIES. Kanto Ninetails bred with an Alolan? Fire and Ice attacks?!?!

So yeah. could somebody clarify?
    We don't know for sure, but I would assume that your Pokemon wouldn't change formes. If you transferred a regular, Normal-type Meowth to Sun & Moon it's reasonable to assume that it would stay that form. If you wanted an Alola Meowth, I think you would have to go catch one.

Also I think breeding with formes will probably be the same as breeding with different Pokemon species--the baby will end up being the same forme as the mother, as long as it was bred in Sun & Moon.

Years
    Alola Forms

Who thinks this would be a perfect idea for an Alolan Rapidash?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    Alolan Politoed. I know it's a gen 2 Pokemon but it does evolve from Poliwhirl a gen 1 pokemon it should still count.
    It can be a Poison/Water type and it could look like a poisonous dart frog.

Sirfetch’d

That is one of the best fanarts for Alolan Pokemon that I have seen yet. It's so beautiful and would make perfect sense. Magic Guard would be a great ability for it to avoid that nasty Stealth Rock weakness!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Alola Forms

Pls GF make it real! As Blue said, a Fairy/Flying typing would fit! I love seeing all these fan arts. They give me hype to find out more possible Alola Forms which will appear in Sun/Moon!

Edit: I found this picture on Deviant Art, created by Phatmon. It's an idea for an Alolan Sudowoodo.
    Spoiler:

This is what the creator said: "A concept of Alola Sudowoodo, Maybe he can finally get that dream of being a real tree! A new Alola form of Sudowoodo that specializes in attack, defense and speed. Rock/Grass gets Chlorophyll."

I find it really cool! I would like it to have an Alola Form since I don't like it that much, but with a different form, I'd probably give it a chance!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Be sort of neat if there were some species previously believed to be extinct that were found in remote locations like here.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    As Hikamaru said, even though it's the 20th Pokémon Anniversary, that doens't mean Kanto has to be the only region appreciated. Every generation should be celebrated equally, since they're all part of the Pokémon World.

Sure, they don't technically have to milk Gen 1 so hard due to the 20th Anniversary alone, but it's clear that it does mean something to the company to do so.

This year in general has had a very strong Gen 1 lean, and when they revealed Sun and Moon, the trailer stated "It all comes together". I think they wanted the 20th Anniversary to feel like the series has come full circle -- Gen 7 in some ways being the closest point to Gen 1 without actually being Gen 1 itself.

Gen 7 and the 20th Anniversary seem to have a specific place in the company's vision for the series. It isn't just an anniversary or just another generation -- there's symbolism and a reasoning here that we can only speculate on at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    It's just we got Gen 1 shoved down our throat enough at this point even Gen 6 had lot of Gen 1 references and the first forest was a 3D copy of Kanto forest.

That's probably why people are sick of Kanto. X and Y had so many references to Kanto in it's setting it kinda loses it's meaning. I'm not saying a forest automatically makes it a copy of Viridian, but come on! A forest where you find the first bug Pokemon in the game and has a small percentage of showing a Pikachu? It's Viridian Forest. Not even HGSS had this many references when celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Pokemon. Plus the fact that we could catch Mewtwo post-game, and the fact you could get the Kanto starters early-on. I didn't mind the references but it's really grating. The best I can describe it as a cute kitten scratching you. You want to like it. You want to play it and it looks adorable, but damn if it isn't annoying.

I won't mind the gen 1 references this time, but if we get more next gen I think I'm gonna flip a table or something.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not saying a forest automatically makes it a copy of Viridian, but come on!
    No, they mean the layout of Santalune Forest is almost exactly the same as Viridian Forest's layout.
    Just compare the clusters of trees, creating the path you need to take to get out:
    Spoiler:

XY had so much gen 1 pandering that a sizeable number of people thought SM were going to be "gen 2" to XY's "gen 1," but now it seems SM is just being "gen 1 even more" and it's certainly frustrating.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    No, they mean the layout of Santalune Forest is almost exactly the same as Viridian Forest's layout.
    Just compare the clusters of trees, creating the path you need to take to get out:
    Spoiler:

XY had so much gen 1 pandering that a sizeable number of people thought SM were going to be "gen 2" to XY's "gen 1," but now it seems SM is just being "gen 1 even more" and it's certainly frustrating.

Holy Crap! I didn't even notice and I looked at the mapping of Santalune Forest already. Wow. I'm not sure if it's an intentional reference or laziness now.

So true. I'm one of those people who thought that Gen 7 was going to be a Gen 2 to XY, but so far it isn't looking like that. It feels so gen 1 it's not even funny. I hate when they do this because it takes away some meaning from the region. Now Santalune Forest feels even more like a knock-off of Viridian Forest. To be fair( though it's hard) TPC has been pretty discrete about the details in this game, we barely even know what the first island looks like beyond our hometown and some small scenes. I hope there's more to these games than we know. I'd hate for it to be totally reliant on nostalgia alone.

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I would love to see the Nidoking and Nidoqueen pair from the leak, if they are in fact real. Butterfree would be cool too, since Beedrill got a Mega... maybe it could be Pink like the Butterfree from the anime? Alolan Jinx could be interesting too, because she never got an evolution like her brothers Magmar and Electabuzz.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    Maybe Alolan Wigglytuff and Clefable? They could be one of the version exclusives to Sun/Moon.
    Also one of the leaks mentioned how Parasect is affected by Morelull, and I like that idea, hope it turns out to be true.
    On the aspect of designs, Muk and Electrode could need some changes.
    And for the less appreciated mons, Farfetch'd, Dewgong, Dodrio, Hypno, Jynx

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The only "underrated" Kanto Pokémon I can think of are Raichu (already got his Alola form) and Spearow/Fearow. All the others are either popular, good, have a Mega, or some combination of those. At this rate the only Alola form I "want" to see is Alola Persian, just to know if it's another recolor or if it's actually going to turn into a big fluffy persian cat. After that, if there's a Poison-Type Alola Hypno I'd want to see it, too, for confirmation that Team Skull only uses Poison-Types/Pokémon that evolve into Poison-Types (in the Alola region).

Back