• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Alolan League!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
  • So far Gladion vs Kiawe has not disappointed, although one thing I am wondering is how much god damn PP Gladion's Lycanroc has on stone edge.

Years
  • Wow, that was a great episode. Kiawe and Gladion's battle is really well done so far, I'm getting similar vibes from Lycanroc vs. Marowak and Turtonator as Korrina's Lucario vs. Ash's Pikachu when it was still confused and angry from mega evolving. give me the next one right noooow aaa

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • whewww
    this episode was a trip!
    Adorable and tense at the same time ;u;
    I know we haven't gotten that Ash v Gladio battle yet... but if Kiawe wins I seriously wouldn't mind ahah
    Looks like next episode is where the real stuff begins... :eyes:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm calling total bullshit on that one shot against Scizor, welp if Guzma goes down, so does the plot. Personally I see no tension between Gladion vs Ash when compared to this. So now we apparently get a look at Guzma's past, seeing that he is always been in second place. So... he's gonna lose in fourth place? Go forth to lose to Gladion?

God damn it all I want is for the Guzma arc to finish on a good note, a final match between him and Kukui. Fuck Ash. Fuck Gladion.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Sloxy - Please kindly mind your language around this site; it's making you sounds overly dramatic. And we do have minors around the site.

I really like the league thus far; And seriously, I don't see why people are offended by Guzma, do you ever thought pitting 2 Pokemon against each others is really just a bed of roses and animated attacks? I actually enjoyed his attacks.

To be honest, I really hope the plot ends with Guzma vs. Gladion.

Years
  • I mean....Scizor is quad weak to fire and Fire Blast is one of the strongest fire moves in the game. It makes sense, and I loved seeing Guzma get so angry over it. Satisfied with this episode overall! Great facial expressions. 👍

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    ash vs guzma is the craziest pokemon league battle ever
    why did golisopod even recalled scizor for fight with torracat?

Years
  • Golisopod's ability, Emergency Exit, automatically switches it out when its HP falls below 50%, so I guess it took a lot of damage. next episode is looking really good, and seeing Pikachu struggle on the ground in the preview from what looks to be Throat Chop is insane and giving me Primarina battle vibes. guzma is brutal

Years
  • I am surprised Melmetal did not even get a win, although I wish Ash had known more than two moves for the Pokemon. Pikachu leaping off the Electro Web was great, and now it looks like we will get a show down of the Rockruff evolutions to decide who wins the league.

Years
  • Melmetal being ridiculously strong physically but very slow was accurate, it put up a good fight despite just evolving and not having yet adjusted to its new powers/much heavier body. Definitely a good start to the battle, didn't expect to see Mohn's Zoroark join the battle there and take the look of Lycanroc!

Next episode is looking amazing from the preview. Cannot wait. :3c

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • Guzma's battle against Lana is the reason I got back into pokemon I never imagine they put adult themes into this series ever again since gen one and sun and moon actually killed off a pokemon and showed a pokemon death...I love it!!!! I love the battle one of my favorites besides magmar vs charizard. lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I .... wouldn't say that it had adult themes. Was it brutal? Yeah. But Pokemon has had heavier topics many times throughout the series. Sun/Moon isn't the only other series to have a Pokemon death, either. Though I will say that it's probably the most well written (besides like... Lucario's in the movie).

That said though looking forward to the finale of this league! I'm pretty sure we're all pretty aware of the spoiler, but let's not speak of it until we see the episode and suspicions are confirmed if possible to avoid any conflict that I've seen surrounding it (for now) haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Ash is the champion for Alola. It is about time. I wonder what this means for the new pokemon series being announced in a couple weeks. Will Ash appear as the champion as a cameo or be a main character?

The Alolan League battles were some of the better ones.

Years
  • i haven't watched the latest episodes yet but I would like for ash to win. it would be best for the anime team to close up ash's storybook

edit: spoilers for the latest episode (ep. 139)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I feel like this doesn't count. Because S/M is the worst series of the anime thus far. But what the hell do I know? 😐

Also if they're going to do this it points more towards the 'full reboot with new MC' scenario.

So maybe everyone will start watching again? 😅

Yeah right

Last edited:

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I don't understand why some people are pushing the narrative that Ash winning the Alola League means he should leave the show. He still hasn't achieved his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master, so why should he leave the series?

Last edited:
    Back