• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Alolan League!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Please note that this is for the Japanese version of the Anime! If you aren't watching or aren't caught up this will contain spoilers all throughout!

SPOILER_rigu002.png

It's that time, everyone! Starting June 30th in Japan the Alolan League is finally going to start! We're officially in the final stretch of Alola with the League just around the corner and in the image above we have a compilation of all the confirmed participants!

While the league is going on (in Japan. We might make a new thread for the dubbed version when it's airing) here is your discussion thread! What match-ups do you wanna see happen? Who are you rooting for? Once we see said match-ups who do you think will be winning? Any and all discussion about the league will be allowed here as long as the league is happening!

I'm excited so I hope all ya'll are excited for this as well! It's certainly going to be a different sort of league with very little random NPCs being brought in for battles, it seems!​

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'd love to see Jessie vs. James just to see who would win in a real battle. Or even Jessie vs. Acerola with their Mimikyu's.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Completely agree on both end! Especially the Jessie vs Acerola one that would be fun watching two Mimikyus (and finally seeing Acerola's ghostly one in action!)

Braze

TQ Supremacy
    Years
  • Seen Jessie and James in any Pokemon League for the first time.
    It's gonna be exciting!

Oh yeah and every person shown in that image, I've seen every single at least once in anime!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Lillie vs Gladion, nothing like some sibling rivalry. I wonder if Gladion would take it easy on her?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Must admit I don't recognise a good number of the trainers shown here. Also someone taking on the Pokemon League with Feebas as a main Pokemon seems odd even if it will almost certainly evolve.

Mallow has a Tsareena now. Nice but does make me wonder why Totem Tsareena was never a thing.

Years
  • Ironically the odds of him winning this League are higher than ever before since the winner gets the right to officially challenge Kukui during an exhibition match at the end of the League. And since the anime has foreshadowed Ash and Kukui battling both in the anime itself and in the current opening theme, I feel like Ash might actually win.
    Well he could lose the league but still get to battle Kukui after, hahah

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Lmao nah I'm gonna be like the creators, this is like the orange islands league. Totally not official, so don't care.

Years
  • My prediction that Gladion can win this, i am sure Gladion will win, and that i know that Ash could lose the match. But hopefully i am sure Ash can win this if only this is possibly or my prediction!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I'm not really up to date with the Alola anime. I haven't watched any episodes but I've been keeping up a little. Since no one has a full team, and looking at the image here, I'm assuming the league will just be 1v1 battles? Not sure if this is confirmed already tho. Looks like it could end up being interesting but I mean it could still go horrible wrong

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    1 vs 1 (battle royale or not lmao) is typical for the first round. And then 3 vs 3 after and then 6 vs 6 for the semis/finals.

Normally anyways.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Eh. We'll see.

tumblr_ptx0akALEC1rxenr3o1_640.jpg

I pretty much saw all this coming when i came to who Ash would face. Anyways discuss!!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I don't see Satoshi losing to Hau or Llima... and I do kinda see him finally beating Guzma too. Against Gladion, that's tough to say; maybe he could pull it off? It'd be a fun battle to see either way!

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Unpopular opinion: I want Guzma to defeat Ash in the finals and beat Kukui. I don't see how he is the villain so far except that he is a leader of a gang. I can understand his feelings about the whole Kukui and Hala mess.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I want to see that Feebas in action yes please!!

And yeah Guzma is definitely the "villian" of this league. Looking forward to it!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I hope to see Lana proud of that Feebas in some way when its in action. I feel that it would be a nicr thing to see

Years
  • Ilima is my favorite boy in the series and I'm so incredibly happy to finally see him return. I figured he would, but seeing him in the latest episode made me so happy and I'm hahgfhad. And Hau, Guzma?! Gladion was a given but aaaaaaaa my boys!!! This will be awesome and I don't even care if Ash wins or not.

EDIT: Also Pikachu Valley girl♬♬ I am so ready for some cuteness

Last edited:
    Back