• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Alomomola] vs Basculin

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mentalii

Back
Years
Alomomola => It isn't Luvdisc's evolution. So... Why does it just exist? It totally looks like it, but bigger. And if it's not Luvdisc's evolution, it's just useless... It's weak ! I wonder... Why? Why this Pokémon? I don't know, I really don't know.

Basculin
=> Well, we have the blue basculin which looks ferocious, and the red one which looks ... uh... dumb. And those two fishes are tough, a pain to take down, and powerful. I hate being against them.

So my vote for Alomomola. Yes I'm serious. The piranha so much irritated me that I can't choose it :pink_pissed:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Anyway, I voted Alomomola because it's a feminine pokemon because Basculin is, quite frankly, a stupid pokemon. It's not original in any way. It's like Magikarp, but without the mythology that it had (that a carp that climbs a waterfall becomes a dragon).

Uh, how is it like Magikarp? It's not useless, it doesn't evolve, and it is not mentioned anywhere that there are any similarities other than both being common when you fish or surf.

That granted, I still voted for Alomomola. Its name is awesome and thoughtful, plus I think Alomomola would taste better than Basculin. My logic is awesome.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Alomomola. Just because Basculin is ugly.
^ This. ^
Basculin reminds me of Carvanah.
550.png
318.png
550-b.png

It's a tie right now. Where are all the Alomomola fans?!?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh this is close. Too close. ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT.

Alomomola supporter btw, I love how its name can be said the same backwards, plus it's pretty and I liked it when it was first revealed. ;;

COME ON ALOMOMOLA, BEAT THE UGLY FISHY.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I was gonna say Alomomola, but then I saw the art and realized Basculin looked more epic.

Plus I hate Alomomola because I was never able to KO it with my team. (I forgot what my team was though lol)

yes, I'm dissing the tough guy

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Basculin leading by a thread, come on Alomomola lovers!

We want the pink heart fishy to win.

23 - 23.

OMG THIS COULD GO EITHER WAY. We might even end up with a draw!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
It's 24-23 because I voted Almomola. I love this pokemon, it's tankiness, it's design, and it's name's a palindrome! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's 24-23 because I voted Almomola. I love this pokemon, it's tankiness, it's design, and it's name's a palindrome! :)

Yes :33

Alomomola is making a comeback and tbh when it wins I'll be pretty pleased. Actually make that IF it wins ;x still a chance for three more people to think its ugly WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Alomomola! (lol, I have to check the spelling there) It has amazing healing-related abilities, which could prove really useful to itself and its party members, has a ton of HP, and according to the Unova horoscope, it is also a Pisces like me! How awesome is that? :D Although like many others, I'm not pleased that it isn't an evolution of Luvdisc. :<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm quietly confident that Alomomola has won, with Basculin needing 3 votes to win in around 2-ish hours, and the fact that nobody really cares about Alomomola or Basculin when B2W2 is on everyone's minds, yeah... pretty sure we have a winner. Unstickying! And celebrating. Then crying if it loses only just. :(

New extra-special poll coming really soon!! :3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Since I never liked Luvdisc and I still believe that Luvdisc should evolve into an Alomomola, I would have to go with Basculin due to it's two forms which my favorite form will have to be the Blue one because it looks more evil and badass.

:t354:TG

Back