• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Holy smokes, nice patch man. Amusing timing in relation to my request about HM shenanigans with the nature power change. Pretty damn cool. Enjoy your break!

daxthevortex

Rehatched Egg
Years
Yo, is Pound supposed to drain HP like Absorb? I have it on my Mightyena still because it's like a physical 40 BP Fairy Type Absorb. It's actually not a bad move to run with the item that gives bonus BP to Fairy Moves.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Yo, is Pound supposed to drain HP like Absorb? I have it on my Mightyena still because it's like a physical 40 BP Fairy Type Absorb. It's actually not a bad move to run with the item that gives bonus BP to Fairy Moves.

uh oh

patch on its way in like 5 mins!

edit: that estimate of 5 mins was bang on, now the patch I have linked in the thread (still called 3.5) will fix this issue : ) although obviously you don't actually have to use it lol

edit part 2: Wally bug is now fixed, if you downloaded the game yesterday (4th June) you may have been affected

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Battle frontier? More like Glitch frontier, amirite?

But seriously, when trying to challenge the Battle Pyramid, the screen fades to black like usual and nothing happens. It's just a black screen of nothingness.

daxthevortex

Rehatched Egg
Years
The ability text for Hydrolyze is buggy and appears to show some of the text for Sand Force. Might be a pointer somewhere. Also, pretty minor stuff, but some of the Pokedex entries with the optional patch are jumbled up and some are broken fragments of other dex entries. Haven't tested the dex without the optional patch to see if it's to do with the engine used itself or if it's a fault with the optional patch.

EDIT: Also, using Nature Power as Surf can sometimes generate Bad EGG's in your PC. They replace caught pokemon in the PC.

Last edited:
Years
Finally getting around to starting....which is better, Blaze Torchic or Quick Feet Torchic? Blaze now also gives a boost the same time "Retaliate" would, but Quick Feet gives a big speed boost when afflicted with a status condition, even Paralyzed!m

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
Hey, been playing this game in OpenEmu, all of a sudden Power Punch now lowers the attack of the user instead of raising it like it says it should. Also, all my pokemon fainted while i was inside meteor falls and it spat me out in rustborough

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 26, 2019
OMG!! I have been playing your QOL hack for quite some time... and I just love it! (btw, pls fix pokemon contest, i really like them) ????

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
are you not going to share the hack .ini file anymore?

Also having nature power as a universal HM is genius, is there any tutorial how to assign field moves like that in a rom hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
I honestly hate that after Gen II, we are limited by how many stats we can max out using the EV system. Could we go back to the Stat Exp way of doing things by elevating the EV cap to 1,530? This way the the player doesn?t have to concern themselves with such a tedious growth system. You could adjust important trainer battles accordingly. It would be nice if the player didn?t have to compromise with how they use their Pok?mon in order to be viable with the in-game competitive features.

luuma

Years
The ability text for Hydrolyze is buggy and appears to show some of the text for Sand Force. Might be a pointer somewhere. Also, pretty minor stuff, but some of the Pokedex entries with the optional patch are jumbled up and some are broken fragments of other dex entries. Haven't tested the dex without the optional patch to see if it's to do with the engine used itself or if it's a fault with the optional patch.

EDIT: Also, using Nature Power as Surf can sometimes generate Bad EGG's in your PC. They replace caught pokemon in the PC.

Thanks for this, I believe I've fixed the issue in the current patch. if you have a save file to test it (I couldn't ever replicate it) that'd be absolutely brilliant.

Hey, been playing this game in OpenEmu, all of a sudden Power Punch now lowers the attack of the user instead of raising it like it says it should. Also, all my pokemon fainted while i was inside meteor falls and it spat me out in rustborough

That sounds like Mankey's ability Contrary to me, is that right??

The second bit is also intentional, once you meet team magma in meteor falls I make it so that Fallarbor and route 113 is off limits until you beat magma at the volcano. If this seems odd I can replace it with some events, but doing so does take up much more space.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Nature Power as a all-purpose HM, good grief your a f'ing genius Luuma...

As you know I been following this for a very long time now, even being asked by you yourself to give you some ideas and such. You just won't stop coming up with brand new innovative ideas of your own for this hack even after it seems the updates were becoming more minor, why Altered Emerald hasn't won any kind of award yet on this site is a huge mystery in itself. This deserves one even for a sideshow hack!

But dang I just can't play this anymore till if THE absolute final version ever comes out, I usually like starting over with a new game whenever you do huge updates xD

00f

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 6, 2019
i know y'all probably been asked this a million times, but how do i apply the new patch on a mac? Lunar.ips won't open for me and the multi patch tool doesn't seem to work.

(EDIT): Okay I figured it out after about an hour of trial and error. I got the razor claw on route 111 (thanks for that change) and leveled up sneasel twice now and he hasn't evolved. Am i missing something or is this a bug?

Last edited:

daxthevortex

Rehatched Egg
Years
Thanks for this, I believe I've fixed the issue in the current patch. if you have a save file to test it (I couldn't ever replicate it) that'd be absolutely brilliant.

Let me check and see if I do. I might not because I bricked a couple of the saves I had with a Save Editor after I beat the Elite Four trying to get viable mons for the Frontier. All of the save editing was done after I encountered the glitches above, obviously. If it helps, the emulator I was using was VBA-M, the mon I was using Nature Power with was a Level 45 Mightyena, I was using Nature Power as Surf on the water routes in Bulba Jungle and around the Cycling Road and I had 5 badges.

EDIT: Yup, confirmed, both .sav's I had for that snapshot are bricked. Sorry luuma. Big ups for the dedication of fixing bugs as they show up, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
I don't know if you intend to do this but Misdreavus and mismagius are... legendaries. BST 615 and 715, mismagius closing in on Arceus and has way less stat on attack, meaning it's essentially a special attacker that is better than arceus. Misdreavus is more monstrous whilst holding eveolite, having bst of 705 and only 40 on the attack.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
i know y'all probably been asked this a million times, but how do i apply the new patch on a mac? Lunar.ips won't open for me and the multi patch tool doesn't seem to work.

(EDIT): Okay I figured it out after about an hour of trial and error. I got the razor claw on route 111 (thanks for that change) and leveled up sneasel twice now and he hasn't evolved. Am i missing something or is this a bug?

As per the original games, it has to be night time. Have fun with Weavile :)

I don't know if you intend to do this but Misdreavus and mismagius are... legendaries.

I'm pretty sure they're fine. This huge bst is because they have 5 base hp each!

Misdreavus originally had 60 base hp, and then I reduced its base hp to 5. In order to compensate for this reduction in health, I had to increase both defense stats by an absolutely massive amount to keep its tankiness about the same. this makes for some big numbers, but in reality it's only about as good as it was before, back when it had a bst of 505

Mismagius is somewhere round an equivalent of 550 and loses eviolite. I did the math, they're good, but not actually too busted.

Edit: Yep, redid the maths, these guys are roughly where they should be

Last edited:

00f

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 6, 2019
Where can you catch a feebas or milotic? I tried looking both up in the pokemon locations text and they don't appear to be in there.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
Hey man, loving the game so far. Training is a little tedious right now so I'm looking for a Lucky Egg. Can I get some intel?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Where can you catch a feebas or milotic? I tried looking both up in the pokemon locations text and they don't appear to be in there.

It's the same deal as the original games: 4(?) random tiles on Route 119 and fish with any rod( I recommend the old rod).

Back