• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Hi sorry for a bit of a noob question but I see the latest patch is 3.07b but on the download links I see 3.5 and 3.7c. Which would be the most recent?

Jenkins700

Yuri
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
c4201162, the 3.7c version should be the most recent one ! :) I have it on my phone, I play with the emulator and it just runs perfectly

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 8, 2018
I found some bugs that i thought i should report:
My blissey turned into bad EGG after a Skill Swap (no save from before rip me)
In a kyogre room after it gets awaken you can swim from the ledge into the pool and move horizontally into out of bounds
In slateport docks one of the steel pillars covers player character when it should be on the bottom layer.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 19, 2018
The evolution stones aren't enough for all the evolutions which requires them. Is there any way to get more evolution stones somehow?

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
The evolution stones aren't enough for all the evolutions which requires them. Is there any way to get more evolution stones somehow?
This was a small issue with Hoenn in general, though the shards kinda resolved it.

There is a store in Battle Frontier though, so you get stones in postgame to make up for it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 19, 2018
This was a small issue with Hoenn in general, though the shards kinda resolved it.

There is a store in Battle Frontier though, so you get stones in postgame to make up for it.

The shards would solve the problem but it might be a glitch in them cause most of the shards i found are blue shards.

Is there really a supplier in battle frontier with evolution stones cause I run all over the place and found nothing.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Now my Haunter isn't evolving. Help?

It's wielded Exp.Share/Soothe Bell for the last 30 levels (caught it at lv 17, is now lv 47), according to Verdanturf chick has maxed happiness, fed it at least 7 vitamins, I doublechecked for the ingame time to be PM... and nothing.

It's gained three levels in PM times now and it's still not evolving. I don't know what to do.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 21, 2018
Hi, I found a bug. The item safety specs, if I scroll over it in the bag, freezes my game. I have to roll over to a previous save state or reset the console to fix it.

Same problem using patch 3.07b and mGBA 0.6.3. I can work around the crash by using Select button to move an item and scroll past the Safety Specs, then cancel the placement.

Edit: The Protector item also crashes the game, generates the same error.

mGBA reports:

Code:
Jumped to invalid address: E3A02004

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Loving the rom, but it looks like the optional type change patch hasn't been updated for the most recent version. Applying the main patch and then the type change patch makes Marowak a pure ghost type, I'm not aware of any other differences.

Looks like changing the hex at position 00F60B82 from 07 to 04 fixes this and changes Marowak back to Ground/Ghost. I don't think this should affect anything else.

Last edited:
Years
now. I known that I played the wrong ROM... (download patched ROM)
I have to start over again. because that ROM make me stuck in DEWFORD (MR. BRINEY has disappear)
I'm sorry about earlier post.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hey! Just gotta say, I'm really enjoying this hack quite a bit! Thank you so much for the work you've put in. Can someone please tell me how to evolve my sneasel into a weavile please? Thank you!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Hey! Just gotta say, I'm really enjoying this hack quite a bit! Thank you so much for the work you've put in. Can someone please tell me how to evolve my sneasel into a weavile please? Thank you!

Same as the original games, lvl up with a Razor Claw. (item location should be in the first post?)

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Same as the original games, lvl up with a Razor Claw. (item location should be in the first post?)

I'm actually doing that, my sneasel is level 51 and is holding the Razor claw. It still hasn't evolved. Is it because the happiness isn't maxed out? Or does it have to reach a particular level to evolve with the Razor Claw in Altered Emerald? Thank you!

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Huh. Weird. Might be similar to my Haunter then (It's level 68 by now and still refuses to evolve into Gengar, even if I triple-check for the time to be PM).

Maybe the latest patch broke a few evolutions. Might be worth reporting to the dev.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Forgive me the question, but is this a game or a patch for homhackers?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 30, 2018
Anyone can make me a tutorial to run this on mobile GBA Emulator? Do I need to donwload the regular Emerald also?

Back