• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Kyurem's getting either an alternate form or a revised learnset (we know that because of its unused moves) and I'm guessing it gets both. I'm further guessing that because there is no hidden Mold Breaker equivalent, it gets either Mold Breaker itself or Levitate. The God Stone will be Kyurem itself.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
    If it gets a new form, you'll either have to attach the so-called 'God Stone' to it, or take it to a special place. I'm almost certain you'll need the item to do so.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    If Kyurem gets two formes, Freeze Shock will be available to one and Ice Burn to the other. It'll probably get adjusted stats with the Freeze Shock forme having higher attack and the Ice Burn forme having higher special attack.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That'd be pretty cool but it seems unlikely for Kyurem to get two forms. It'll probably be able to use both moves without having to have two forms.

I think both of its signature moves will already be set for Kyurem when you battle it, or at least one of the two at first. Then the other attack would be known at a certain level. Basic but simple and well, predictable perhaps?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe there's a chance involved with Kyurem's move, like there's a 50 % chance it'll have Freeze Burn and it'll learn the other later and vice versa if it get's Freeze shock first.

Tachikaze

Years
    It will probably learn both by having Reshiram & Zekrom in your party or something like that. Like via a move tutor or something.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    It will probably learn both by having Reshiram & Zekrom in your party or something like that. Like via a move tutor or something.

Now that kinda gave me an idea. Maybe Reshiram and Zekrom won't be available for catching in Pokémon Gray? Maybe it might have two formes or it might not have any forme at all. If it did have a secondary forme, it would probably be called the Harmony forme, and the other called the Separated forme.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Kyurem shouldn't have two new forms, it would ruin the whole concept of combining yin and yang. Also if Kyurem is going to be a mascot there should be one form as mascot. Two of them wouldn't fit with one game's name, unless they would name it Black and White version but that would be strange.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Maybe there's a chance involved with Kyurem's move, like there's a 50 % chance it'll have Freeze Burn and it'll learn the other later and vice versa if it get's Freeze shock first.
    Why would they do that though? I mean, would it be determined with certain natures?

Years
    ^ Well I was thinking more on the lines of what determine's Spinda and Unoun formes but in this case determines the move...and maybe even what Legend N get's first...
    Or they could simply use trainer Id like they do with the lottery or create a new rate that determines the move.

Update: Serebii posted this up detailing Kyurem's alternate forme's
    https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    Note this is unconfirmed. So it seems like it was two new formes after all...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    We'll have to wait for Smash to finish and for the Japanese Literate to translate everything for those of us ignorant to the Japanese language.

EDIT 1:I'm stalking Masuda's Twitter now~

EDIT 2:Watch Kyurem lose its Ice or Dragon Typing when it changes form now -w-

Last edited:

Years
    True...but those two came from a different website, so my guess is that Serebii.net already translated the source, now we just need comfirmation on these formes from Pokemon Smash.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What will happen if that Poster doesn't appear on Smash or if there is a different announcement?

EDIT: Am I the only one who is greatly disturbed and highly annoyed that the new forms are nothing more than Reshiram and Zekrom traced with bits of Kyurem glued here and there?

Years
    No you're not...they do look strange...this gen looks like a copy and paste of sprites...just look at the Kami trio...oh well, I kind of like them...

Well they are freaky but they're kind of cool (no pun intended) in a strange way ^_^
    By the way I just figured out what Kyurem's tail was, it was a grapling hook cause if you look at it's Zek-kyu forme it looks like it's graping the turbine.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love how they look tbh, it even looks better than the image posted earlier in this thread. I had an interesting thought earlier, though.

Maybe it takes an item to get Kyurem that way, and kinda like Arceus or something, if it holds _______ it turns into Black Kyurem which is Electric/Ice, and if it has __________ it White Kyurem, which is Fire/Ice.

Personally I'd love those typings, and if it stayed dragon/ice normally. :3; Besides, the main image seems to imply that!

Years
    Well some are speculating that it'll be Ice/ Electric and Ice/Fire
    I like the new formes a lot too. I'm not sure which one I like best...
    It's possible that the god stone along with another event or an item could trigger the forme chance later in the game. I don't want them to make the God stone useless...

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    Why can't it have 3 types?... Electric/ice/dragon and Fire/ice/drgaon?... It it STILL a Dragon type... It wouldn't be right to take it's typing away...

Tachikaze

Years
    What will happen if that Poster doesn't appear on Smash or if there is a different announcement?

EDIT: Am I the only one who is greatly disturbed and highly annoyed that the new forms are nothing more than Reshiram and Zekrom traced with bits of Kyurem glued here and there?

I agree completely. I wouldn't mind so much if they were the same color throughout. But it looks like they just stuck random stuff on Kyurem as a base. Mine will never leave its box if that's what they do indeed look like.

Years
    Why can't it have 3 types?... Electric/ice/dragon and Fire/ice/drgaon?... It it STILL a Dragon type... It wouldn't be right to take it's typing away...

Cause that would break the type balances in place...
    Kind of ironic that Reshiram who had tons of resistance's in it's normal form has Kyurem white form have 4 times weakness to rock if it is indeed Fire/Ice.

Back