• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Those tubes on their backs probably work like veins - they could be transferring electric/fire "blood" from Kyurems' tails to their bodies. I think those tubes could appear when new Kyurems' ability is activated to boost their electric/fire attacks.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would like an awesome cutscene when you first change Kyurem into that form, where the tubes appear in slow-mo and such. But only the first time cause that would get obnoxioussss.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Correction! I just talked with every character in Lacunosa Town. No one specifically says that Kyurem "ate" people. The term used is "stole away" and comes from the grandmother that tells the story. I assume that has lead people to believe it had to have eaten them, but that is not specifically said.

The grandmother also says that nobody really believes that story anymore, but questions why they still follow the tradition of staying indoors at night.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Anyone think GF got the idea of the Kyurem formes from DBZ. In the movie trailer it shows Kyurem just absorbing their energy. It's like they slapped Cell and Super Buu together. Cell could absorb energy and Super Buu gained the looks and moves of some of the Z Fighters he absorbed.

Actually after I had time to think about it. Kyurem is now more like Rogue/Parasite from Marvel/DC Comics. Both had the power to leech/Steal the powers away from other creatures and could freely use them for their own purpose.

Kyurem taking Reshiram/Zekrom's powers would be interesting if they could do something with it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Actually after I had time to think about it. Kyurem is now more like Rogue/Parasite from Marvel/DC Comics. Both had the power to leech/Steal the powers away from other creatures and could freely use them for their own purpose.

Kyurem taking Reshiram/Zekrom's powers would be interesting if they could do something with it.

According to what people say the trailer implies, that seems to be the case. A leeching dragon is a pretty creative idea!

Well Kyurem's White form should get a move that's called something like "Flame Ice" or something like that, ya know Ice so cold it burns

Black and White had two hidden Ice-type moves in its data: Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. These moves are assumed to be saved for Kyurem's formes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well Pokejungle has made a small announcement

Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation
    Previously I commented that sites were prematurely using the word "overdrive" to describe these charged up modes and that there was no official source for it, but that has changed now with the Pokémon Daisuki Club's page on Kyurem. As you can see in the picture (but possibly not read), it says "This is what the Overdrive body is!". The captions read "Shining Blue 'Black Kyurem'" and "Burning Red 'White Kyurem'". On a previous page it reported that these formes occur when Kyurem's emotions are running high.

Fun little tidbit for the night Thanks Taylor for the tip about this!

<3 pokejungle

So the two forms are called "Over Drives"? Kinda makes me think they are going to do with Kyurem as they do with Darmanitan, where when its under a certain influence it will change mid battle. This is a little upsetting to me mostly because Darmanitan's Form Change is pretty weak and if its like that, I see considerable drop in potential in Kyurem.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • I think that there will be three new formes in the two games, in Black 2 is Zekrom + Kyurem and it will have Shock Freeze. While in White 2 there will be Reshiram + Kyurem and it will have Burn Freeze. But at the end of the story line in both games you'll get the "complete dragon", consisting of Reshiram + Zekrom + Kyurem, and will have awesome powers that are unmached by any of the five, I'm not sure what it's signature move will be though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well Pokejungle has made a small announcement

So the two forms are called "Over Drives"? Kinda makes me think they are going to do with Kyurem as they do with Darmanitan, where when its under a certain influence it will change mid battle. This is a little upsetting to me mostly because Darmanitan's Form Change is pretty weak and if its like that, I see considerable drop in potential in Kyurem.

OR maybe it's like Colosseum. You know how they reach "fever pitch"? I dunno something to do with emotions being high. Sounds kinda different to Darmanitan, though. It'd be sorta interesting if Plasma controlled them and "changed" them (like with shadow Pokemon) and when they reach that level they go into that mode and suddenly are much more powerful. I can wish...

At least that way sounds a little less disappointing than Darmanitan's change.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I think that there will be three new formes in the two games, in Black 2 is Zekrom + Kyurem and it will have Shock Freeze. While in White 2 there will be Reshiram + Kyurem and it will have Burn Freeze. But at the end of the story line in both games you'll get the "complete dragon", consisting of Reshiram + Zekrom + Kyurem, and will have awesome powers that are unmached by any of the five, I'm not sure what it's signature move will be though.

Do you mean by fusing? Because that has almost been proven to not be true.

A "Complete Dragon" is highly unlikely, and I personally think it isn't possible. If this were another forme of Kyurem, it would go against forme change standards and make this forme more powerful than the others. All forme changes are supposed to keep the formes equal in power, but just have different stats.

Also, it cannot be a new Pokemon because there is no data for any Pokemon after Genescet.

OR maybe it's like Colosseum. You know how they reach "fever pitch"? I dunno something to do with emotions being high. Sounds kinda different to Darmanitan, though. It'd be sorta interesting if Plasma controlled them and "changed" them (like with shadow Pokemon) and when they reach that level they go into that mode and suddenly are much more powerful. I can wish...

At least that way sounds a little less disappointing than Darmanitan's change.

Don't forget that Reshiram and Zekrom also had "overdrive" formes, which turned out to be only their sprite animation. This is probably the same case. I don't think that a forme change will be getting a forme change of its own. That would be a bit too much.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    From what was said, the forms we already know about are called Overdrives. Not that there is another form for them called overdrives, but Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are Overdrives.

The way it is mentioned, considering the Shadow Pokemon thing is non canon to the main series games and the only other time they mention stuff like Emotion is in a select few abilities, it sounds like Kyurem CAN FREELY switch between one of the Forms and back. It seems to me it'll run the same way Darmanitan can switch between Active and Zen Modes.

Kyurem only being able to switch to the new Forms after taking so much damage or something. Damage being the main one. It could also be while its at full health its in these forms and when it takes 50% or more damage it reverts back to normal Kyurem.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I've got idea how they might fuse... I think Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare are called Fusions for some reason. My idea is that in B2/W2 when Zekrom/Reshiram will hit Kyurem with their Fusion moves, Kyurem's form will change and Zekrom/Reshiram will faint due to their energy absorption by Kyurem. After that there'll be chance to catch freshly created Black/White Kyurem. After player orders Zekrom/Reshiram to use Fusion move, there might be cutscene showing Kyurem being hit by Fusion move and changing form. After cutscene battle would continue with changed Kyurem's form.

You may ask why it's impossible in B/W... I think God Stone will give Kyurem power to do that absorption. Simply saying Kyurem should already hold God Stone during every encounter in B2/W2 to be able to change form. I think there should be some new move for Kyurem that allows to back to previous form and change again into new form holding the same God Stone that was used during first form change.

Isn't that idea clever? lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've got idea how they might fuse... I think Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare are called Fusions for some reason. My idea is that in B2/W2 when Zekrom/Reshiram will hit Kyurem with their Fusion moves, Kyurem's form will change and Zekrom/Reshiram will faint due to their energy absorption by Kyurem. After that there'll be chance to catch freshly created Black/White Kyurem. After player orders Zekrom/Reshiram to use Fusion move, there might be cutscene showing Kyurem being hit by Fusion move and changing form. After cutscene battle would continue with changed Kyurem's form.

You may ask why it's impossible in B/W... I think God Stone will give Kyurem power to do that absorption. Simply saying Kyurem should already hold God Stone during every encounter in B2/W2 to be able to change form. I think there should be some new move for Kyurem that allows to back to previous form and change again into new form holding the same God Stone that was used during first form change.

Isn't that idea clever? lol

Well since Kyurem can freely change between the two forms without an item and it says in the Daisuke Quote that it changes when it's emotions run high, that isn't likely to happen.

As for the name of the attacks they are "Fusion" because like the Oath attacks, the two attacks can "Fuse" in a sense. If one is used before the other, the Second attack grows in power and changes animation. Their original name is "Cross".

Movie should shed more light on the form changes if April's Coro Coro or this week's Pokemon Smash doesn't give us any insight.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Well since Kyurem can freely change between the two forms without an item and it says in the Daisuke Quote that it changes when it's emotions run high, that isn't likely to happen.

It says about changing into Overdrive mode, not about changing from normal Kyurem into Black/White Kyurem. Those are two different things. Overdrive would be probably activated when HP is lowered, that's probably when it's emotions run high.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It says about changing into Overdrive mode, not about changing from normal Kyurem into Black/White Kyurem. Those are two different things. Overdrive would be probably activated when HP is lowered, that's probably when it's emotions run high.

The Overdrives are the official names for Black and White Kyurems. They are like how Reshiram and Zekrom have the glowing tail bit which was mistaken as their Overdrive forms.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Overdrive is ALTERNATE status. It's different state than regular Black/White Kyurem.

https://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=8307

And the quote Pokejungle made says:
    On a previous page it reported that these formes occur when Kyurem's emotions are running high.

It specifically says Kyurem. The new colorful versions of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have the same alternate coloring of Zekrom and Reshiram who at their time of release were said to have Overdrive forms as well which turned out just to be part of the cinematic loop for the sprite. The "Overdrive" colored versions are the box art mascot and Pokemon hasn't given an alternate form an alternate form.

We should find out what's up tomorrow on Pokemon Smash hopefully.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    It specifically says Kyurem. The new colorful versions of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have the same alternate coloring of Zekrom and Reshiram who at their time of release were said to have Overdrive forms as well which turned out just to be part of the cinematic loop for the sprite. The "Overdrive" colored versions are the box art mascot and Pokemon hasn't given an alternate form an alternate form.

We should find out what's up tomorrow on Pokemon Smash hopefully.

Lol, how can you imagine tubes coming out and hiding in the sprite loop? That would look ridiculous. More of that they don't have those tubes in movie trailer, so it's clear that this time it's real Overdrive mode, not just sprite animation.

pokemonblackandwhite.net said:
    "We now know that when their emotions are worked up, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem become Overdrive status!"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Lol, how can you imagine tubes coming out and hiding in the sprite loop? That would look ridiculous. More of that they don't have those tubes in movie trailer, so it's clear that this time it's real Overdrive mode, not just sprite animation.

We haven't seen enough shots of it in its forms to say for certain. It could very well have the tubes in parts of scenes that were not shown to us. It is exactly the same as with Reshiram/Zekrom's Overdrive speculation. If Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are supposed to take from them, they why would it be different?

and again, that very site has a discussion that conflicts with the news.

The author of the article leave his speculation in a post:
    frugrow said:
    Unlike Reshiram and Zekrom's overdrive mode in BW where they were nothing more than for aesthetic purposes, I think the overdrive mode for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem will be more important.

I think it might be an ability much like Darumaka's Zen mode? Perhaps increase their attack once their HP is low. Who knows. Hopefully more information about these two will be revealed in the next Corocoro.

It could be, it couldn't be. We'll find out tomorrow or next month.

Pokejungle said:
    On a previous page it reported that these formes occur when Kyurem's emotions are running high.
    Again Pokejungle's Translation of the page says Kyurem. If it were new forms for Black/White Kyurem it would translate into Black/White Kyurem for him as well. Conflicting sources makes the news on specifics moot. We don't have any actual info on it, but as already said, Pokemon has never given an Alternate Form an Alternate Form.

With present information its most likely just more aesthetic visual effects.

We do get dynamic music when Pokemon's health gets low, and there is one Pokemon who changes form due to an ability. If Kyurem doesn't form change due to an ability, then when its Health drops, it may change its image into the Overdrive modes.

Back