• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I love the new Kyurem formes, particularly the Reshiram version.

Also, anyone remember Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt (the 2 hidden moves in the original B/W)? I think that Kyurem's Reshiram forme will get Cold Flare, while Kyurem's Zekrom forme will get Freeze Bolt (and both moves will be learned at level 100 in their respective formes).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait hang on, this new Kyurem forme would learn different attacks w/ the relevant effects, yeah? So we could end up seeing White Kyurem learning Scald, yaaay! I hope? ;x Well, maybe... idk.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I hate the new Kyurem formes revealed in Serebii. They look like, cheap fakemons of Reshi and Zek. And some fakemons are way more better than that.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I think it will just have two new formes cause It's not exactly a new Gen , just a sequel. The games will be compatible with BW and since there's already placeholder data for a Kyurem forme, maybe we will be able to get Black or White Kyurem in our Black/White depending on which copy we own. Meaning people who own Black can get White Kyurem and people with White can get Black Kyurem, sort of like Reshiram and Zekrom.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Well, we already know Kyurem has two unused signature moves that exist in the coding of Black and White (Freeze Shock and Ice Burn). Obviously, the Zekrom form will get Freeze Shock, and the Reshiram form will get Ice Burn. Since these moves already exist in the coding, it suggests to me that these forms might be compatible with the original Black and White. Now, if these forms are going to be usable in the metagame, then they will have to be compatible at least for viewing on the original Black and White. Whether the forms will be tradable, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

And as far as typing of the forms, I think the typing will fit with the moves, and combination of the two fused Pokemon's secondary types. Reshiram form will be Ice/Fire. And Zekrom form will be Ice/Electric. I'm thinking Ice will be the primary type since it's already confirmed that these are alternate forms of Kyurem; not alternate forms of Reshiram and Zekrom. (Ice/Fire = 4x Rock weakness = lose half HP to Stealth Rock. >_<)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    How many formes do you expect kyurem to get?
    Three, it's original one, and the two that have been revealed to us yesterday

How do you think it'll look?
    They look cool in my opinion

How do you think it'll transform?
    A certain item

How do you think it gets Burn freeze and shock freeze?
    Probably by leveling up (probably getting it in the 80's)

:t354:TG

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I have a hypothesis.
    Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves are Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (Cross in Japanese).
    What if... those moves have something to do with fusing/crossing Reshiram/Zekrom with Kyurem?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a hypothesis.
    Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves are Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (Cross in Japanese).
    What if... those moves have something to do with fusing/crossing Reshiram/Zekrom with Kyurem?

That's actually a really cool theory. Like there's a move tutor that can teach you these moves, and if you know them then when you use it you transform into the other Kyurem! Except that would be kind of annoying if you don't like the move but you want to use the appropriate form of Kyurem. xD

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Seeing as they White and Black Kyurems are fusions, what type will they be? Dragon must be one, so what will be the other, since I highly doubt they will have a 3-type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Seeing as they White and Black Kyurems are fusions, what type will they be? Dragon must be one, so what will be the other, since I highly doubt they will have a 3-type pokemon.
    Dragon/Fire for Reshikyurem and Dragon/Electic Zekyurem?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I have a hypothesis.

I had the same idea yesterday when I was looking at the Tao trio's moveset in Bulbapedia. Also interestingly enough those moves power are increased when in the presence of the other mascot dragon. When ever I used that move I wondered what would happen if used around Kyurem (in story)...so maybe you're right, that would make a whole lot or sense.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's definitely going to be different, the fact that there's two and the names are so unique.. it's all different to the usual third game concept.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Something I noticed about Black and White Kyurem

Alternate kyurem forme and signature moves speculation

Notice how on Black Kyurem only the right side is iced over, where as on White Kyurem only the left is. This may be a pretty lame observation, but it pretty much hints that there will be a "4th" kyurem form.

Broken Kyurem
    White Kyurem
    Black Kyurem
    Restored Kyurem

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Um, so...basically... ...What.

ANYWAY merging with the Alternate Kyurem forme thread.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I wonder how strong both forms would be since its Reshiram/Zekrom fusing Kyurem. I mean logic will tell you two legendarys fusing together would create an overpowered pokemon, even by uber standards and hell it could even surpass Arceus in terms of overall base stats.

Years
    Maybe the ice on it's body signifies that it's still not complete (aka it needs to lose all it's ice). That gives me the impresion that for Kyurem to be fully complete it will need to abandon it's ice typing for it's complete form if it has one. Maybe the hand that is unfrozen is suppose to be where the frozen hand is or maybe it's the reverse.
    Kyurem's other forme's could possibly have same typing as Zekrom and Reshiram then if it needs to lose the ice (plus corocoro mentioned "Kyurem losing it's ice" and the "secret of it's ice" before)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Anyway, to clarify...

The new Kyurem formes are NOT in the B/W data, and thus can NOT be used in battles against B/W players. While there is alternate forme data for Kyurem, it is simply filler data similar to what Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin had in D/P. No base stats or anything.

However, a traded Kyurem with one of those two moves will indeed keep it after the trade.

This may also mean that a Kyurem in its alternate formes cannot be traded, which could cause problems with trading alt-formes to remakes. Anyone remember the "Origin Forme Giratina in HG/SS" problem?

Years
    Anyway, to clarify...

The new Kyurem formes are NOT in the B/W data, and thus can NOT be used in battles against B/W players. While there is alternate forme data for Kyurem, it is simply filler data similar to what Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin had in D/P. No base stats or anything.

However, a traded Kyurem with one of those two moves will indeed keep it after the trade.

This may also mean that a Kyurem in its alternate formes cannot be traded, which could cause problems with trading alt-formes to remakes. Anyone remember the "Origin Forme Giratina in HG/SS" problem?
    Yes, you had to pick Giratina in the event just to get the orb...
    This would be complicated...but maybe they do as they did with Shaymin and make it so that you need Kyurem and one of the other dragons and then use the God Orb in your bag to fuse them (not just for the remakes but for B2W2 too)

I'm also wondering what they're stat's will be...will they be on par with Arceus' like I predicted earlier?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    120/130/100/160/120/100?

120/160/120/130/100/100?

If they had 3 types...How would it affect the metagame?

Years
    I've been thinking...maybe the four kids dancing in Icirus will have something to do with Kyurem's form changes. In their song they mention two dragons twisting and mixing, and breaking and splitting...I thought it meant Reshiram and Zekrom but maybe it doesn't...plus Icirus is a town with an ice gym leader (Kyurem's typing) and leads to Dragon spiral Tower. The use of their song could be like the use of the Meteor's for Deoxys.

Back