• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Do you like animals? Which are your favourite types of animals? Do you have a favourite animal? If so, why?

For those that don't know or haven't seen one before; this is an example of an animal:

Spoiler:
    Pictures are encouraged in your replies!

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • I think everyone knows what an animal is xD.
    My favorite animal is a Dolphin. They are so smart and I went swimming with them, so yeah.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My favorite animal is the honey badger, thanks to a certain YouTube video....
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about this - care to explain? Honey badgers terrify me after seeing Top Gear haha, what is it about them that you like so much?

I think everyone knows what an animal is xD.
    My favorite animal is a Dolphin. They are so smart and I went swimming with them, so yeah.
    Dolphins are an interesting one but I've never understood why they're such big favourites amongst so many people. I like their intelligence factor but that's about all I can see going for them - what is it that makes you like them so much?

And I know - I was just begging to post that pic ;)

My favourites are squirrels, sea lions and sparrows! Mostly the former though since they're just such cute little things with such badass evolutionary adaptations for such a small innocent little creature. I know they're classed as vermin and they can be huge pests in America, but we don't have that problem over here so I've got no bad blood with them. I love how they've evolved to have such powerful legs despite their sizes and the segregation between ground, tree and flying squirrels is an interesting topic in itself. I've always adored squirrels and I don't see that changing haha. Shame their babies are kind of gross!

article-1046154-0250E5B900000578-612_468x564_popup.jpg

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love animals. <3 I currently have a cat, and her name is Baeli. She has white fur (with a bit of brown on top of her head), she's two years old, and she weighs around 14 pounds. She's very outgoing. She always goes to our neighbor's houses whenever we keep the front door open.

Spoiler:

This isn't my cat, but I thought I would just leave this here so that you could all adore its cuteness. =)

Years
  • I don't like animals.

I should explain however that I will go out of my way to avoid harming an animal, like if there's a spider in the shower, I'll take it outside first. Or if there's a snail crossing the footpath I'll help it get there faster so no one crushes the poor guy.
    I dislike pets. Especially birds in cages or aviaries, they're just so annoying. It's not even that I think all animals should be free either it's just that it's annoying that I have to clean up after them and pay attention to them.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Animals don't try to make me be social like humans do, so I'm cool with them. [;

I don't have a specific favorite animal. I like opossums, though. I:
    And Uromastyx. I feel the need to state that reptiles can be cuddly. My Uromastyx was pretty much hugging my index finger the other day, and he wouldn't let go.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Oh god, yes, I love animals. My favourite animal, if you haven't noticed, is the eastern grey kangaroo. I really like all species of kangaroo though, but eastern greys are no doubt the best. And pretty much all other macropods are also high up my favourites, like the Yellow footed rock wallaby, and the tree kangaroo species. There's a few other marsupials I like too of course, koalas, north american opossums, possums, bilbies, and sugar gliders.

I like a wide variety of other mammals too, of course. Long snouted ones seem to strike particularly well with me. I like raccoons, skunks, meerkats, pandas, red foxes, otters, and also civets, which I believe are one of the most underappreciated and poorly understood carnivorans that exist. Most armadillos are pretty awesome too, with the nine-banded one being my favourite of Armadillos. Bottlenose Dolphins used to be my all-time favourite animals when I was 10 or so. I also like giraffes, moose, fennecs, and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Outside of mammals, I think crocodiles are pretty cool, as well as thorny dragons, green turtles, geckos, and komodo dragons. I think blue jays are pretty cool animals too, despite their rusty pipe calls, and mute swans are awesome too, despite the fact the one who's in the pond behind my house is a cold-blooded murderer of his own cygnets and his wife. Anyway, wedge-tailed eagles, bald eagles, blue-footed boobies, and a few more are also fun birds. I think that's roughly it.

I like a lot of animals.

Loads of pictures taken directly from google time!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

My favorite animal has always been cats! I just love everything about them and to me they make the perfect pet. They are affectionate, caring, highly intelligent, and overall one of the best pets to have. I love how warm and fluffy they are to cuddle with and watching them play as a kitten is very fascinating <3 Definitely my favorite animal of all time =]
    Simon-av-Flamingo-l.jpg

Squirrels are also amazing animals. So cute ;)

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • My favorite animal is the human. Honestly I like all the more intelligent species of animal elephants, dolphins, cats, dogs, and the great apes.

Baby elephant playin' with a birdie.
    Spoiler:

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
  • Puppies. .... PUPPIES WHERE ARE LE PUPPIES!!!??? /done.

My most favorite animal is of course dogs and also squirrels. <3

I can't stand those who want let in a animal (pet kind) and care for it, I mean if you care for a human being, why not an animal? Animals should have equal rights as much as we do.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I love certain animals, not all. I really love mustelids and felines a lot. I'm ok with certain dogs (the ones that bark less I appreciate the most). Usually depends on the animal. I chose my favorite Pokemon based on my favorite real world animals.

My favorite animals in order would be - Mustelids, Felines, (don't know the fancy Latin term) Mongoose/Meerkats

Answer the questions:
    Do you like animals? - Yes, but not all of them.

Which are your favourite types of animals?
    1st: Mustelids - anything that resembles weasels, ferrets, otters, & martens, I love so much. Its why I choose a ferret as a pet instead of any other animal.
    2nd: Felines!! Cats! I love big cats, smaller cats, domesticated cats!! My favorite feline is the cougar and my favorite domesticated is the Abyssinian Cat - wish I had one.
    3rd: (don't know the fancy Latin term) Mongoose, Meerkats, Civets, Genets, Binturongs... love them too

Do you have a favourite animal? Long-Tailed Weasel

If so, why? - not sure why. The way they look like, how they run, how they hunt, how in the summer they have brown-creme colored coat with black extremities (eyes, nose, and tip of the tail) and in winter they are white with black extremities (eyes, nose, tip of the tail). Seeing how the ferret in my room runs around, I can just imagine how a real weasel might move.

How my favorite animal looks like - with its (images from Wikipedia):)

summer coat
    Spoiler:

Winter coat
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I'm probably the weirdo in this bunch, but I adore porcupines. I wish they were more commonly domesticated so that I could have a pet one. I mean, look at this things:

Spoiler:

So precious ♥

I don't like animals. I should explain however that I will go out of my way to avoid harming an animal, like if there's a spider in the shower, I'll take it outside first. Or if there's a snail crossing the footpath I'll help it get there faster so no one crushes the poor guy.

Although noble, I don't believe that spiders and snails are animals per se. Spiders are arachnids and snails are... well... snails are... I really have no clue what snails are. I guess they're solidified slime? Although I have to disagree with the saving-the-spider thing. If I see one of those bastards, it's war.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love animals! I must say though that, out of all animals, my favorite would have to be Dolphins. There have been times when I feel like there is another animal that I would instead call my favorite but every time that has happened later I eventually turn back to them. And, to answer Ozzy's question from above, I find Dolphin's adorable. Like... almost everything about them. Their look (especially Bottlenose Dolphins omg ♥), the sounds they make, the fact that you can swim and play with them, etc. It might be because I like aquatic wildlife in general but hey what can you do. Sadly, the price has always been too expensive for my family so I've never been able to swim with them but one day!

Years
  • Other than the obligatory dogs & cats...I love deer.
    Where I am from, they are very common, if not too common.
    So. I totally can't be a part of the hipster society.

I support hunting completely, despite my love for the little guys.
    fawn+deer_MG_3217.jpg

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Although noble, I don't believe that spiders and snails are animals per se. Spiders are arachnids and snails are... well... snails are... I really have no clue what snails are. I guess they're solidified slime? Although I have to disagree with the saving-the-spider thing. If I see one of those bastards, it's war.
    Snails are molluscs. They are part of the kingdom Animalia. This means they are animals.
    Spiders are arachnids. They are part of the kingdom Animalia. This means they are animals.

I understand they have such a far distance of relation with us, and we may feel uncomfortable by their presence because of their lack of semblance, but they are, in every definition of the word, animals. They share the same cell structure and all. I mean, hell, even sponges are animals.

I swear, if somebody out there will say that sponges are their favourite animals, I'll give them a high five.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I absolutely love cats...I just wish I had my one again :(

I also like beetles, the only bug I wouldn't run away and hide from :3

Back