• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Hate to nitpick, but Anville Town is in the top left corner of Unova. I'm bringing this up because you told someone to turn their head in 90 degrees in one direction earlier when you clearly meant the other direction.

I was talking about the logos, if you look at the White's logo red 2 and turn your 90 degrees right you can see flames in the logo.
    I'm also hoping for new routes.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • Am I the only person that wants this game? Seriously, take off the nostalgia goggles and enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Announcement Reaction Thread
    The pattern in the number '2' here looks very similar to the pattern Groudon has on its body IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoenn was in this game. I do think Hoenn deserves its own remake though, but Im not going to complain or anything since we don't even know how this is going to play out.

Masuda just revealed the names of the two formes:
    Black Kyurem and White Kyurem
    Wow I know people are stoked for RS remakes and I am too but I think everyone might be looking into stuff a bit too much. I mean a friend of mine pointed out the red and blue crystal yea, which could be a reference to the crystals in RS - well it's crystallized fire and electricity which are Reshiram and Zekrom's? And crystallized because Kyurem obv. I don't think that pattern means much lol. I could be wrong!! But I'm just saying.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    It's been confirmed that the official titles of the games are Black Version 2 and White Version 2, those aren't placeholders. It's also been confirmed that the new forms are simply called Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Since the version and mascot colors match this time around, I'm getting a strong feeling that what was exclusive to Black will now be exclusive to White and vice versa. This and the fact that they are called "2," which indicates a full-blown sequel, make me one anxious pkmn trainer. I'm more excited for B2W2 than I was for BW.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well I can honestly say that I am even less excited for B2W2 than I was for BW.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Honestly, this is a very good idea.
    Instead of the normal seperate versions then a direct sequel to EACH of them, it's just beautiful.
    Don't hate on it, I personally find it a wonderful idea.
    Now I'm sure Ruby/Sapphire remakes are coming this way, very soon.

Years
  • I don't get why people are complaining about the form names. I mean... What do you want? They kinda explain exactly what the forms look like, so...
    I mean, the only alternate form that had a decent name that comes to mind is Giratina's 'Origin Forme'. Aside from that, the likes of 'Shaymin's Sky Form' is just as mundane as 'Black Kyurem' or 'White Kyurem'.
    I'm genuinely excited about it. I adore continuity between games; that's why GSC were my favourite games. If this is a proper sequel; and there's no real reason to believe it won't be, I suppose; then I couldn't be more excited about it. Surprised as hell, yeah, but definitely excited! :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The fact that there's two makes me think they may differ quite largely depending on the version i.e a different outcome of the storyline.

Years
  • This reminds me of that rumor about the different paths...
    Also I just realized something, the reason why the mascot of Black 2 is Kyu-Zek is cause Hilbert/Hilda still has Reshiram (N proably released his dragon after leaving) same goes for White 2 but with Reshram instead of Zekrom.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • This reminds me of that rumor about the different paths...
    Also I just realized something, the reason why the mascot of Black 2 is Kyu-Zek is cause Hilbert/Hilda still has Reshiram (N proably released his dragon after leaving) same goes for White 2 but with Reshram instead of Zekrom.

That's a good theory. But then, where does N go?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's certainly popular on Twitter:

United Kingdom trends · Change
    #WorstRapLinesEver
    Weezy F. Baby and the F
    #GetWellCharles
    #Thingsjustgotrealwhen
    Atomic Kitten
    Pokemon Black and White 2
    RIP Facebook
    Blazin Squad
    The Bodyguard
    Dr Pepper

Years
  • I think N is maybe in a new area in Unova. Also else who thinks that B2W2 will share it's time line with gen 6 (Bw with gen 7 like gen I with III and gen II with IV )? so gen 5.0 with gen 7 and 5.5 with gen 6...yes I know I'm thinking too far ahead...

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years

• I was talking about the logos, if you look at the White's logo red 2 and turn your 90 degrees right you can see flames in the logo.
    I'm also hoping for new routes.

I know that's what you meant. But, as the yellower part of a red-yellow flame is toward the inside (as yellow is higher energy than red) I figured you meant to say "turn your head 90 degrees to the left." But, nonetheless, that's rather trivial and moot in the face of these new games.

I'm being entirely farcical about this, but how sick would it be if, during the time that lapsed between the end of BW and the beginning of BW2, Ghetsis had recruited/brainwashed Hilbert/Hilda of the original games, and they served the role as the new N, seeking out Kyurem to make one of the fusion legendaries. You meet N along the way who tells you of the other legendary (the one not owned by Hilbert/Hilda) that he released a while ago (as N is prone to not keeping Pokemon). You have to go get said legendary in order to stop Ghetsis and Hilbert/Hilda. Somewhere along the way, the six Sages that have been arrested should be released from prison as well.

Okay, I'm only being partially farcical.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I hope to wake up to find some screens of these new games!

Me too. I'm very eager to see how this game differs, if at all, from B/W.

Well, looking at all this in retrospect, I guess when they said B/W was a series reboot they really meant a reboot. So many different things to process, hahaha.

Years
  • I do wonder how they will do remakes if these take the spot of third version...oh well that's a problem for ten years down the road...
    I hope to get some news from the official site too...we're in the dark despite knowing the mascots and the names...

Back