• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Anime

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I thought it was a good final episode. It really let me piece everything together now, and it's brilliant.

Spoiler:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Ok....

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2012
    the end was unexpected to me...
    Spoiler:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I saw the last episode yesterday and I'm so sad it's already over...
    This was the best anime I ever watched, really. Fortunately May 26th there will be another episode that will be released, but I haven't really understood if it will be a sequel or else. Moreover, the writer of "Another" (because the anime and the manga are adapted from a novel) announced that he would write a spin-off novel "Another:Episode S" and a sequel "Another II", I hope they'll also make an anime of these two novels. Because 12 episodes is not enough at all for a so great anime !

Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I watched this through over the last few days. I really liked it. It left the "creepy" genre and went right into "gore" for a while in the middle, which I wasn't a fan of, but I really liked who the "Other" was, so that made up for it.

Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I would like to let all Another fans know that the OVA just came out but its in Raw version. I'll post my full review of it once it's subbed even though I've seen it already.

Also one last note, this is a little old news but the author of the series is working on a sequel of Another so they'll most likely be a season 2 of Another coming out! You'll be able to find the link here [Click].

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Looks like your typical horror-type thing, which has never appealed to me because I just can't get into it (exception being Umineko VNs because it's bad things happening to rich people, which is extremely satisfying).

Seiren

Playing the Spirit's Tune~
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2013
    I watched this recently, and I have to say I found it quite appealing; it did an excellent job of building up suspense before the deaths, fluctuating at times to bring them out of nowhere, just to keep me on my toes. Sometimes I knew what was coming, other times I actually jumped because it came out of nowhere. Despite the fact that the teacher said that the curse was more of an indiscriminate natural disaster than a true curse, I found that a bit difficult to believe, especially at the end, considering the ridiculous amount of violence.

Indeed, the ending is the only issue I had with this anime: it just degenerated into an all-out gore fest, which ruined it a little bit, I think. What had been excellent timed death turned out to be just a random bloodbath, and I found that a bit disappointing...although the morbid person in me was laughing something awful when the kid who survived the falling chandelier was crushed by a falling pillar seconds later when he made a break for the door. That was just twisted. xD

The whole conclusion was quite unsatisfying, as well; it was building up quite well, but it didn't really have a proper conclusion, and the identity of the dead person didn't really strike any chords with me. It was more of an "Oh, so that's who it was" reaction, rather than an "OH MY GOD!" that the series had been going for up to that point with its continually violent and shocking deaths. It let itself down with those last two episodes I thought, which was a shame.

The soundtrack was something else I enjoyed, as well: it reminded me a lot of Jigoku Shoujo, especially with the creepy music box themes. Jigoku Shoujo tended more towards rock and metal tracks to build up suspense though, and Another was a bit more subtle than that, which was nice. I'm looking forward to when the OST is actually released; at times it was hard to hear, but what I heard sounded pretty good, and when I could hear it it only added to the atmosphere.

Back