• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any good wall pokemon in Moon?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I have no knowledge of EV and IV training, but I know in my playthrough of Moon that Bastiodon tanked hits all the time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You can use Toxapex, but that's very passive. Another good wall is Celesteela because of its well-rounded stats. Mudsdale could work, but you have to deal with its shallow offensive movepool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I use Toxapex as a wall, it's fairly good, because it has high defense and special defense stats. And it's signature move is some protect with a poisoning effect. It's also handy that it learns recover. However Toxapex has some disadvantages, it has problems against steel and poison types. Electric, ground and psychic Sweepers are troublesome.

Other good tanks are Shuckle (in previous generations), Bastiodon, Metagross, Carbink, Probopass, Dusknoir (in previous generations), Aegislash (can be used as a tank),

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If you don't want to use Celesteela, you can also use Skarmory. Some people also like to use Arcanine as a defensive mon. Gyarados and Garchomp have some defensive utility, as well.

Years
  • I'm using Pyukumuku with:

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
    Ability: Innards Out
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Soak
    - Protect

(Found this moveset online)

This guy is almost impossible to kill, and Soak makes you able to toxic every Pokemon.
    My BT team is Garchomp, Pyukumuku and Mega Metagross and things are going great so far (battle 31 and still going).

EDITS: Pyukumuku ability;

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Bewear is pretty defensive with the Fluffy ability, and has offensive capabilities as well, which is probably the downside to Toxapex and Pyukumuky, unless you want a more stall pokemon like these of course. I dont think Bewear stalls nearly as well as those two.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • At the moment I am using a Mandibuzz with the following moveset:

Mandibuzz
    Item - Rocky Helmet
    Ability - Overcoat - Makes Mandibuzz immune to powder and weather
    Careful Nature
    Eved in Special Defense and HP
    Roost
    Tailwind
    Foul Play
    Toxic
    (Found Online)

Doesn't get One Hit KOed by anything and Foul Play with Rocky Helmet destroys physical attackers. Toxic deals with Defensive Pokemon. Roost keeps her alive and Tailwind speeds her up and helps support slower Pokemon. Steel types are tricky for her though as are some Ice Types.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    My favorite wall is Porygon2 with an eviolite. You could train it in special attack or you could teach it some good stalling moves like toxic, recover, or magic coat.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm going to side with Headphonix on his suggestion, Pyukumuku is a very scary wall pokemon. Soak and Toxic are deadly together on Pyukumuku, and the pokemon is very defensive.

Toxapex is the go to, tough to kill pokemon. It's stats for stall techniques are ludicrous.

My current team on Moon, I use an Alolan Muk for Special Defensive stalling and I use a Heat Rotom for Physical Defensive stalling.

To reference from my list of favorite pokemon of all time, I use Umbreon as a Special Defensive Staller (it's pretty tough on physical defense as well so you can build it to do both if you wish to, it's pretty easy), and I use Steelix as a Physical Defensive Staller.

There are tons of great choices for playing stall pokemon, and some that don't seem like very good pokemon for stalling based specifically on stats can sometimes be made up for with abilities, items, typing, or even specific move pools. It just all depends on your personal preferences and how creative you choose to be.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Shuckle might be the best wall in the game. Not sure if you can get him in SM though without trading....

Chansey can be obtained in SM, and is one of my favorite defensive pokemon.

Last edited:

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
    Years
  • I Would recommend Milotic. I'm running it Max Defence max HP, and up until now it has not let me down. Just to give you an idea, a thunder from rotom needs 3 hits to KO milotic. Just put some leftovers and recover, and BAM! you got yourself a tank.

Years
  • this gives me so many new team ideas for the battle tree thanks to everyone that shared their recommendation I was lacking defensive pokemons in my team as well but now I got an idea of what I can do thanks to all of you

Back