• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    I been pretty lucky this new gen 2 random shinies Tauros and Trumbeak and 2 SOS shinies Mimikuy and Beldum by the way does any know a trustworthy trader I'm thinking about breeding a shiny Scyther and since it only evolves when traded I worried about not getting it back like my shiny Machoke in platinum.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've watched myself a shiny Mareanie just all of the sudden while trying to get one with a good nature By now it has evolved into a Toxapex and made a dangerous addition to my team Here's a picture
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    After sos chaining multiple times up to or past 70 WITH a shiny charm, I've had no such luck :(

Years
  • I've gotten two so far.

One was a shiny Metapod that I found randomly trying to find a Pichu for my team.

The other was a Pikipek while I was trying to SOS chain for HA... so I could hatch a shiny one in a Moon Ball. Project has been put aside as I breed a million other things instead.

I probably won't get into proper MM until I can import a 6IV Japanese Ditto via Bank.

Pictures below. :)
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I have just caught my second shiny of this generation - a Roggenrola at Ten Carat Hill.

I was actually trying to look for the Island Scan Deino when I found it. Sadly couldn't find the poor thing.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • Ah yes, I've caught plenty of Shiny Pokemon, all SOS method. I've caught Magikarp, Pikipek (which I gave the fully evolved form to my boyfriend as a thank you gift for helping me complete my PokeDex to get the Shiny Charm), Alola Rattata, Rockruff, Caterpie, Sandygast, Cutiefly, Smeargle, Delibird, Eevee, and Cubone. All of them are already fully evolved, and a few of them I'm using for Battle Tree such as the Sandygast (now a Palossand), the Eevee (now an Umbreon), and the Caterpie (now a Butterfree). My current hunt is for a Shiny Yungoos, SOS method.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Got a Shiny Rufflet at around 250 SOS calls. He has a Careful Nature and 4 IVs. He is now a Shiny Blue backed Braviary and had the right nature and IVs to help me breed a high IV Mandibuzz. :)

Sirfetch’d

Got a Shiny Rufflet at around 250 SOS calls. He has a Careful Nature and 4 IVs. He is now a Shiny Blue backed Braviary and had the right nature and IVs to help me breed a high IV Mandibuzz. :)

this is funny because I just chained:

Any shinies yet?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Back when I needed wimpod in the dex, I went to encounter one. First ever wild wimpod encounter got me my shiny wimpod.
    Also got a shiny golbat in Resolution Cave or whatever the place was called. Was going there for unrelated reasons and just randomly encountered it.
    These were only like a day apart haha.

Years
  • My luck with shinies has been very positive so far. While I was trying to fill my entire Alola Pokédex (capturing all the 301 available so far), I found two shinies, a shiny Cubone while looking for a Kangaskhan through SOS, and somehow got a shiny Jangmo-o without any SOS or chaining whatsoever. Considering that you need large SOS chains to increase the shiny encounter rate, I'd say that even considering the 1/4096 rate set in Gen VI, I got seriously lucky. I've since completed the 301 goal a few months ago, and now that I got the Shiny Charm, I can basically get shiny Pokémon ridiculously easily now, especially if I'm doing Masuda method or any other dirty trick. I do have also a Shiny Lv. 100 Alakazam I got from a friend, but it was obviously too good to be legit. 103 hours of in-game time is an impressive record (from the 96 hours in HeartGold).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After 7 Gens I finally have my first ever hatched Shiny:

It's a Vullaby named Amanda that came after 83 eggs. (Thought it was a bit more) Her parents are my Shiny Braviary and a Japanese Mandibuzz.

She has a Careful Nature and whilst only 2IV I plan to use the Gold Bottle I got from Poke Pelego today. :)

Mandibuzz is one of my favourite Pokemon and I am delighted to finally hatch a Shiny. :)

Years
  • I didn't encounter a single shiny during regular gameplay. (Altough, I got a shiny Yungoos via Wonder Trade... named Trump.) When I started completing Pokédex I got a shiny Goomy and a shiny Bewear! 8)

Years
  • I got a shiny Pikipek in the beginning of the game, before I'd even seen 50 Pokemon! Yeah, that was pretty lucky.
    It's a Trumbeak now, and it's called Shinyyyyyyytyyy or something (that T is there because I can't be asked to go to the Name Rater)

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    I got a shiny Meowth randomly in Malie Garden on Christmas Eve. First shiny ever, so was pretty surprised especially since I didn't have the Shiny Charm. Unfortunately it's nature is atrocious (Brave), so he's the lead of my Pickup squad.

Not too long after I also got a Fearow and a Gastrodon. I know they doubled the base chance of finding Shiny Pokemon in Gen 6, but it was a bit crazy. Guess it was some end of year luck.

User19sq

I hunt shinies for a living, averaging about ten a week. I'm thinking about taking requests, as long as people gimmie what I want.

Nobody's given me a Modest Celesteela in a Poké Ball, and I've been offering a shiny Mareanie with it's HA. ; ^;

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    ... I did it, somehow.

I don't know how, and while this hunt was not as long as my hunts for shiny Charmander and shiny Groudon, it felt quite long because I was not a huge fan of button-mashing through Gladion's speech for 30 seconds each time. It took around 3,200+ SRs. The IVs are "Outstanding potential!" with perfect ATK, DEF, and SPD, while the SP. ATK and SP. DEF have "Pretty good" ratings and HP has a "Very good" rating. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

[spoil][/spoil]

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Chained a Shiny Eevee after about an hour of chaining. He has an Impish Nature and 4IVs. I caught him in a Nest Ball which perfectly matches Leafeon's Shiny colouration which is what I evolved him into. :)

Back