• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

User19sq

Anybody heard of the Magikarp method? I don't understand it too much, but it's supposed to make hatching shinies easier...

Years
  • Wow it seems everyone is getting shinies so easily and I'm struggling to breed and hunt a shiny pichu and male rockruff midday form like its so hard for me but you guys have shown how easy it is ill keep trying

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Anybody heard of the Magikarp method? I don't understand it too much, but it's supposed to make hatching shinies easier...

It's not really called the Magikarp method, it's just Magikarp has the lowest egg hatch step amount, so it's easiest to do with it.
    It's called swap breeding, and here's the guide on how to do it: (Not made by me)
    Spoiler:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Hey there! If you haven't had any luck finding a shiny Rockruff, I can give you one!

That would be great, but I dont believe I have any fair trades in return. And I am kind of weird in that I would like to work for my first shiny. xD But thanks for the offer! Maybe in the near future after I catch or hatch a shiny and find something worthy to trade ill trade with you!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I got two more Shinys by the SOS method yesterday:

Shiny Male Eevee after a 20 minute chain now an adorable Shiny blue Sylveon. I think I will breed for a regular hidden ability Female.

Shiny Male Umbreon after about a half hour chain. It was the first Umbreon that appeared too. The blue rings look really nice.

Years
  • None that I've caught yet. Got a few from Wonder Trade, but I'm just assuming they are hacked, as they have extremely good IVs. Either way, just leaving them there.

I will be chaining some in a little bit, once I've finished IV+EV training.​

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I have 6 SM shinies

Lurantis
    Lycanroc Midday
    Alolan Raichu
    Smeargle
    Ditto
    Vikavolt
    I am currently hunting oricorio, pikipek, mini or, and pyukumuku

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Yesterday I managed to find a third Shiny Eevee with a Docile Nature which I evolved into a purple Vaporeon. This means I now have 4 Shiny Eeveelutions in Gen 7. (Leafeon, Sylveon, Umbreon and Vaporeon)

Whilst EV training my Vaporeon on Route 1 I managed to find another Shiny by complete accident. A Slowpoke after just 8 SOS calls. Now a Shiny Slowbro. :)

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • That would be great, but I dont believe I have any fair trades in return. And I am kind of weird in that I would like to work for my first shiny. xD But thanks for the offer! Maybe in the near future after I catch or hatch a shiny and find something worthy to trade ill trade with you!

I've been pretty lucky with my SOS hunts so far! Most of them have been under 100 calls. c: I got 2 shiny Rockruff because my friend wanted one. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Looks like I am paying for that super lucky Shiny Slowpoke I had a Riolu chain of around 350 with no shiny, a Beldum chain broken by a Beldum struggling and a long Sandile chain broken because Swagger confuses adjacent Sandile too.

Will try again for Riolu tonight.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    No, the Tapus (and the Ultra Beasts) are shiny locked, iirc.
    Sadly this is the case. Apparently Game Freak never wants in-game Legendary Pok?mon to be legitimately shiny anymore, I can't even tell the difference in Magearna (normal form)'s shiny color.

Anyways, I've never encountered any Shiny Pok?mon in Gens V-VII. I did get a Shiny Japanese Swinub through Wonder Trade, it's Jolly with all perfect IV's except for HP.

Last edited:
    Back