• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Zelda fans?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Big Zelda fan here. My first game was the original NES title via emulator, but I wasn't able to find the first dungeon. I was just a kid back then, but that I'm older, I still haven't beaten the original game. But I did manage to complete Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console before moving on to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. And I've been playing the more recent Zelda titles since then. I have Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, and Minish Cap on my 3DS Virtual Console, but I have yet to start playing them due to my large gaming backlog.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Hah, Zelda was the first series that really grabbed me, because I got a DS emulator.
    My first game was Spirit Tracks (I am convinced that I only got past the Ocean Sanctuary via glitch).
    I've played every game in the main series except the original Four Swords, though I've only beaten some of them:
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks (I am bad at music)
    • Minish Cap (One of my favourites)
    • Wind Waker HD (I think I'm on my 7th or 8th Second Quest now)
    • Ocarina of Time
    • A Link Between Worlds (The reason I got a 3DS in the first place)
    • Triforce Heroes (But I'm stuck on the final zone of the Den of Trials)
    • Skyward Sword

I'm pretty excited for Zelda Wii U. Nintendo Treehouse is going to livestream more info about the game at 9 a.m. PT on June 14 according to the email I got. (Gonna miss the livestream though...)

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Ocarina of Time is one of those games that it's difficult to judge objectively, because it codified an entire genre, never mind the Zelda franchise. It brought a much-loved series to 3D and set a lot of precedents, which have been used and re-used both in Zelda and outside of it. This tendency to regard the first game that did it as "the best" is something that plagues the industry and is another topic entirely (and one I will probably start eventually if I'm not beaten to it) so I won't go there, but as someone who didn't play OOT until much later on I fail to see what makes it so good, when other games have long since improved upon what it did and when, mechanically speaking, it was a huge downgrade from A Link to the Past. I see it as more of a test run for things to come than as a defining moment in the series.

I only played OoT later in life too. I really enjoyed the game, I loved it! I wanted to start again right after. I do understand why it got so much impact on the serie, and I think I might like it even more because Twillight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, and the two stories are really connected. The one I didn't really loved was Majora's Mask, but someone told me maybe that's because I played on the 3DS version and the game kinda lost some of it's "dark side" (which I really wanted to see).

SPOILERS
    Spoiler:

Skyward Sword (another Zelda game which I don't understand where the hate for it comes from)

I think the hate comes from the long beginning, the way you have to fly in the sky, the fact that you have to return back to the same places over and over.
    I agree the game has such a beautiful OST, great story, good graphics Imo (a mic of Twillight Princess with the cartoon-ish side of Wind Waker). The game is good but we need to play for a long time before we can really enjoy it.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    I've emulated most of them. I also have skyward sword and twilight princess for the wii. Favourite is OOT (playing on an emu with a real controller is nice)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I like Zelda games, but I really need to play more. Sure I beat A Link to the Past dozens of times, but I should probably move forward some day. So far I've only ever finished ALttP, ALBW and OoT 3D, and played a lot of Awakening, but never finished it. I was planning on playing Majora's Mask for a year now, but I never got to it. What I want to play the most is probably Wind Waker.

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
    I was hoping to post this earlier, but I couldn't really find the place or the time.

Spoiler:

It's pretty insubstantial, but it looks pretty gorgeous. I'll always enjoy Zelda watercolor.

pkmin3033

That's sufficiently androgynous to give me hope for a female Link in the near future. I mean, Link has been a bit feminine for quite a while now, but if I didn't know that was Link I would have trouble saying if that was male or female.

I have to admit, I was very annoyed by Nintendo's blatant cop-out with Linkle. Not only did they give her a horribly derogatory name in my opinion, but they completely downgraded her into a minor character. Her design is fantastic, and she handles like a dream on Hyrule Warriors Legends; she's actually my favourite playable character. I would have liked to have seen her star in a title, but that seems highly unlikely now as she's been consigned to the oblivion of fandom pandering.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I agree for Linkle. First, the name. It's not original a bit. And because she started in Hyrule Warrior instead in a "real" Zelda's adventure that she can't be take seriously. I would like to see her first introduce in a game where Link can travel into another reality (like Between Worlds) but he find his female ... don't know this word in english... well, I'll say "twin" from another reality. You know what I mean.

The artwork for WiiU look pretty good I think. I wonder what's the meaning of the blue clothes tho.....
    I can't wait to have news about this game. The thing I love most about Zelda is the story. I guess this game fell before or right after Skyward word in the timeline.

Talking about Skyward Sword it's the first game in the timeline, but there is so many clues that indicate how there was a whole world and technology before the city went up in the sky. They can have a full timeline right before this one, because of the technology stuff. The story can add up to this, because the Goddess had to deal with Demise before.
    BUT! This game marks the first ever reincarnation and thus the start of the story like we know. So can we have a game that goes before Skyward Sword in the timeline? Is it possible?

... I don't even knw if I make sens, I am tired XD

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
    I love the Zelda series. I've played Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess so far, but I definitely wanna play more soon. Definitely this summer!

pkmin3033

Speaking of Linkle and Hyrule Warriors Legends...the three unannounced DLC characters. Anyone want to place any bets? Personally, I'm betting on Linebeck for the Spirit Tracks pack - or possibly armoured ghost-Zelda, although Linebeck seems more likely - and I am praying for Yuga and Ravio in the ALBW one. If it's Ravio and Hilda - when Zelda already has a Hilda costume - I am going to be beyond pissed. Bad enough that Onox, Veran, and Vaati have had absolutely no acknowledgement whatsoever. Vaati especially would make a great playable character. This villain neglect is depressing.

Plus, Yuga has this as his theme. He also hums it. He wields a giant paintbrush. How is playing as Hilda in any way better than that?! Don't let me down, developers. You've been so good with Hyrule Warriors DLC thus far; Medli handles like a dream and I nearly cried when Marin was announced. Keep it coming. Give me Yuga. With a remixed battle theme. And let him hum it when he's running around. It'd be like when we got Gilgamesh in Dissidia 012 all over again.

...and paying attention to the Zelda timeline is enough to give anyone a headache; it's the worst kind of canon BS in that it looks like poorly-written fanfiction. Honestly, for me it's enough to know that Link's Awakening follows on from the Oracle games...when I first saw that CG image of Link sailing away after linking the two I was so happy by that connection!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I have to agree with you, with each new game, it has gotten harder to place in the timeline.
    Like Triforce Heroes. I've just about given up on fitting it into the series's overall timeline. My only guess is that it is not in the Downfall timeline, since all of those Links have a similar appearance different from the rest. But that's my headcanon. (Did I miss an official declaration of where it is in the series, because I heard that apparently, it's the same Link from A Link Between Worlds.) Gonna stop guessing because my head is going to hurt.

Because Meloetta mentioned villains, I have to ask, who's your favourite Zelda villain?
    Mine is Vaati, his boss battle in Minish Cap is so much fun. (even though it's pretty long, and I died 6 or 7 times trying it, and the time limit to get to him...) It's too bad he's only appeared in three of the games in the series (and he was demoted to a secondary villain in Four Swords Adventures).

pkmin3033

Honestly, the only Link I've ever really cared about is the GBC Link, because he's been in three games and those three titles defined my experience of the franchise. He was the only one who ever really took on an identifiable personality to me. Sure, cel-shaded Link has character because of his facial expressions, but I don't really care about him in quite the same way.

As for my favourite villain...either Vaati or Yuga. Minish Cap Vaati was actually quite pitiable, and I liked that about him. Another classic case of absolute power corrupting absolutely, but it can't have been easy for him. Yuga is just wildly flamboyant and I love characters like that. Even if he's an Agahnim redesign he just oozes charm.

Zant was awesome until he took his helmet off. I lost all respect for him at that point. Part of his appeal was that he was a mysterious badass, and I never really adjusted to this idea that he was just a lonely, lowly servant with an inferiority complex.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Zant was awesome until he took his helmet off. I lost all respect for him at that point. Part of his appeal was that he was a mysterious badass, and I never really adjusted to this idea that he was just a lonely, lowly servant with an inferiority complex.

I love Twilight Princess so Zant is special for me, but Ibtotally agree about the "servant with inferiority complex". I would love t see him bigger than Ganndorf.

I must like the servant, because one of my favorite villain is Girahim. I mean, he's fabulous haha.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Eeeeee! More information was released for Zelda Wii U, or Breath of the Wild!
    I haven't gotten to watch any videos yet but I'm still gonna be excited.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Wow, this is probably the most excited or interested I've been in a Zelda game...ever. The climbing leak gave me bad vibes at first, but the introductory trailer completely won me over. Some people say Ass Creed, I say Shadow of the Colossus (and I think the bosses will agree). And the whole "drop-in and go" scenario is very Legend of Zelda 1. Bringing me to my other point.

GUYS GUYS DID YOU SEE HOW THE MASTER SWORD IN THE LOGO WAS ALL RUSTED? THEN THERE WAS THE SETUP, WHICH DOESN'T GIVE YOU MUCH SETUP AND JUST HAS YOU GO AND SETS YOU UP IN THIS WIDE, OPEN WORLD! I DUNNO HOW MANY OF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS BUT THIS GAME IS TOTALLY SET IN THE "HERO FAILS" TIMELINE AFTER THE FALL OF HYRULE AND PROBABLY THE FIRST AND SECOND GAMES GUYS. OOOOH I'M GIDDY AS HELL RIGHT NOW, AND NOBODY EVEN CARES ABOUT TIMELINES ON HERE BUT FOR ME IT'S HNNNNG

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Ahhhhh! I saw the trailer and it's so beautiful!
    Trailer:
    Spoiler:

I personally feel that the game is related to Skyward Sword because of the technology involved, like the robots and the odd stone plate that Link carries at his side.
    I am getting Skyrim vibes from the game demo

Anyway, they are showing it on the Live at E3 as of this post.
    Spoiler:

A mini-summary and some of my thoughts. It's spoilered because it's getting long.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Any Zelda fans?

A lot of people are more excited about playing through the game as naked Link than every other content the game has to offer.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Any Zelda fans?

A lot of people are more excited about playing through the game as naked Link than every other content the game has to offer.

Running around naked could be useful in hotter areas, since the temperature system damages you when you are too cold, I'm sure there is a hot damage variant too (but I haven't seen it yet in the stream).

Also they climbed a mountain shirtless just because (It totally wasn't to see him shirtless, no).

Sir Codin

I'm totally digging an open-world free-form just-dick-around-if-you-want-shenanigans in a Zelda game. If you can't kill NPCs, I certainly hope you can at least do things that give them a hard time. XD

I'm probably going to have so much fun with this. The last time I just dicked around endlessly in a Zelda game was Majora's Mask back in '01. After doing sidequests, I'd buy a bunch of milk from the Milk Bar and pretend I was getting crunk and failing to pick up chicks...just like Ingo was.

Back