• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Anybody still significantly playing Red/Blue/Yellow ?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yeah i still play it.
    In fact, just yesterday i beat red with all lvl 55 pokemon.
    They were houndoom, ampharos, gyarados*,tyranitar,dragonite, and pinsir.
    He was really pitiful since i killed most of them with tyranitar.
    and i got me a kanghaskhan by evolving my missingno. from red.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I've been playing Pokémon Yellow recently on my Game Boy at college. Takes me back to 10 years ago and it's also a hell of a lot better than G/S/C/R/S/E/D/P.

I've got a Red and Blue to complete afterwards too!

Years
  • I still play my red & yellow ^^ I love them! heck, I even went out & bought a GBC for $10 to play them on!

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I would love to play it again but I've only got a DS and it doesn't work on DS, plus I'm playing Fire Red which is pretty similar, so I'm playing the equivalent.

Years
  • I would love to play it again but I've only got a DS and it doesn't work on DS, plus I'm playing Fire Red which is pretty similar, so I'm playing the equivalent.

If there is a store near you called Game Crazy (it's connected to Hollywood Video) take a peek in there. They sell old consoles for really cheap. See if they have a decent priced GBC

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    If there is a store near you called Game Crazy (it's connected to Hollywood Video) take a peek in there. They sell old consoles for really cheap. See if they have a decent priced GBC

Or eBay, I got a game boy and two super mario land games for £11.50 recently.

(Don't like the GBC at all.)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I got bored with my blue version long ago, and put it away. But just recently I picked it up, and am already in the Victory Road. I was hoping to get all my pokes to level 100 before I beat the E4, but it probably won't happen..

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    i just started playing red again my team is gonna be
    lv 54 blastoise
    lv 53 raichu
    lv 52 nidoking
    lv 55 zapdos
    lv 53 vileplume
    and my friends lv 60 charizard

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
  • I would be playing them off of an Emulator (cuz theres no way i'm gonna try to enjoy my Pokemon then having the game end up dying) but then I can't think of any way to trade Pokemon with a friend to get them all and i'm definetly not cheating/hacking so idk. Best games ever I must admit though, alongside with the classic G/S/C.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I would be playing them off of an Emulator (cuz theres no way i'm gonna try to enjoy my Pokemon then having the game end up dying)

They won't end up dying. Emulators provide about 1% of the awesome experience of playing Pokémon R/B/Y. Although it depends on what kind of standards the user has, I'd rather play with my green through dark blue screen than an emulator.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
  • They won't end up dying. Emulators provide about 1% of the awesome experience of playing Pokémon R/B/Y. Although it depends on what kind of standards the user has, I'd rather play with my green through dark blue screen than an emulator.

They will die, because half of my games already have, and I'm not just talking about GSC. My blue or red I can't remember which already died and I'm not risking that again. Emulators still give the same exact thing even if it's not through a Gameboy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Yes. Playing Red at the moment, again. I'm on the SS Anne at the moment. If it interests you I'm playing it on my big old grey gameboy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I got Yellow and Gold today. Yellow works perfectly, but Gold needs a new battery, along with my Silver and Crystal versions. On Yellow, I just got the Rainbow Badge and am now on Cycling Road, all in six or seven hours of gameplay.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I've got 50 hours play on Yellow the past 2 weeks and have got a level 100 Vaporeon, Venomoth and my Pikachu is level 92.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Oh how I miss those days.
    Sadly, I do not know where my original Red, Blue, and Yellow versions went. I would really love to play them again. Perhaps I will go to the local Gamestop and see if they have some. :D

To answer you question, no I don't play them anymore.
    However, I direly want to.

KodaBear

Teh Lolzors.
    Years
  • -raises hand-
    Uhm, yeah, I have red. I found blue version on the floor at my school and quickly snatched it up and stole it before anyone could see me. I ended up giving it to my friend Evan.

Years
  • my first post on this site. hm.

just got to radio tower in gold with following pokemon

Haunter - Lv27 (I'm thinking about getting rid of him)
    Ariados - Lv28 (I've never kept a bug pokemon this late in the game, but I like this one a lot)
    Flaaffy - Lv27 (Pretty much the norm electric type for me in gold)
    Togepi - Lv30 (Ugh can NOT get it to evolve, I've given it lots of lovin too)
    Kingler - Lv30 (Never used before, but seems to be awesome. So far my 2nd fav. water pokemon behind Vaporeon)
    Quilava - Lv31 (Finally learned flame wheel!!!)

any suggestions on a replacement for haunter?

Last edited:
    Back