• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else abuse the bridge?

Clusterfudge

Explosive-licious
Years
  • So I just had a foot surgery yesterday, and have been out of it, I've been playing my ds all throughout the day when waking up from my pain pill haze, and this may be the pills, but I thought of something, I'm sure that a lot of you do this, but do you abuse the bridge to Driftveil?

That's all I have been doing when awake XD

Genius Wing 37
    Clever Wing 37
    Swift Wing 37
    Resist Wing 28
    Health Wing 38

Anyone else do this? They can sell for a solid amount or strengthen your pokemon :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Tbh, I never use that, lol. When I need money I grind on the E4, and when I want to EV train I fight Pokemon cause that's faster. xD

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Those "feather bridges" are where I enjoy hatching my eggs.
    Swanna give good experience.

And if I ever see a shiny Ducklett?
    Sha-WING! Batta, batta!

Years
  • I'm not really into EV Training for in-game battles, so I don't EV Train nor do I exploit the bridge, although I will definitely use one of the stat boosting feathers, if I'm lucky enough to find one.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • The wings? I dunno what that's for nor do I want them. I barely walk on the bridges anyway. I try and avoid feathers 'cause sometimes wild Pokemon pop out.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I try every once in a while, but I get bored around 15 of each.

Its not as fast as spamming basculin or litwicks, so usually I don't.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If I don't decide to use fly to get around Unova and I happen to be on the bridge I'd grab a few feathers here and there, as they appear. They do have a useful purpose when EV training so I don't sell them, except the Pretty Wing since it's just...there looking pretty. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Sometimes I go to the bridges to pick up wings. But I still like EV training against other Pokemon, though.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Not really - I kinda let the shadows appear on their own while I ride through the bridges.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They make me money, so I sell them. :3 On Black that is, since if I felt like ev training properly I would've used vitamins instead of the feathers for higher ev gain, so...

But really, great source of money.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I always hoard those wings/feathers when I'm in need of money--it's my main source of income. I don't need them for EV training anyways since I'm pretty content with doing that the usual way (Power Item+Battling a certain type of Pokemon over and over).

Pretty Wings don't sell for much but I've put them to use too by making hatched Pokemon with Good IVs hold them as a marker.

Years
  • I only really got them while I was looking for a Ducklett with a good nature, so I got a fair few of them, but I haven't really done it since.

Back