• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Anyone find it hard to play

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
  • Genesect was available to US players in 2012, I remember seeing the little posters in the electronics section at Wal Mart and everything: https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/649.shtml If you want to go back far enough, even Mew was available via WiFi in 2010 https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/151.shtml

Oh I meant in x and y ad particularly since pokebank isn't available in the US yet. It's especially difficult to obtain Genesect or Mew seeing as they're not available regularly and with the pokebank being without a release date here yet. Pardon me if a day has been release I haven't had time to look recently as I am an EMT and work and study long hours

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I will soon have all none legend pokes in my X game so I will concentrate on breeding them and sending them on WT + some on GTS for crap pokes to be nice to people to make up alittle for all greedy people

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • *reads all the people struggling for something to do, then looks sheepishly at his game at 544 hours and he STILL hasn't been to the second gym yet*

Ah, finally someone who takes his time like I do. Just over 300 hours with 2 badges here. My play style definitely never lets me get bored with a Pokemon game. Everyone beat the Elite Four... meanwhile I was over here just getting my first badge. :)

Years
  • When I beat the main story and explored all the areas + completed all the post-game events I kind of put my X on the backburner. Then, about a month later, I picked it back up in hopes of finishing the Kalos dex (caught, not seen). Took about a week or two of constant play but now I'm done with that and can rest easy until Bank comes out. :o

Still going to try and shiny breed though! But definitely not every day since I feel I've sucked the current content dry.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Quite frankly, it's boring.

I've finished the main storyline and have completed all the side quests. The post-game content is scarce to the say the least and the actual storyline content was boring and repetitive. "Sorry you can't enter here there's a blackout." Battling was made way to easy, the Elite Four were breeze (seriously, four Pokemon?) not to mention the Gym Leaders.

Playing Pokemon in 3D was great, but I feel that they've focused too much on this and have left the storyline and the battle mechanics rot a little.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The game wasn't too difficult for me, and to be honest, I actually liked it. When games get too hard, it just makes me want to stop playing. One, major reason why it wasn't hard is because of the new Experience Share. Thanks to this, I was able to level-up all my Pokémon with ease and keep them on track. It was pretty easy for me to obtain money as well. All I had to do is battle in the restaurants at Lumiose and sell mushrooms, haha.

Years
  • There are tons of things you can do such as battling, breeding, completing the pokedex, etc., but after I finished the story I've picked it up less and less. Which is stinks cause i wanted it so badly but I just can't seem to find the want.
    After beating the E4 and my rival, I bred for a shiny eevee- got one and made every eeveelution (with shiny vaporeon). i began to train them since they were all only level 30-ish but I wasn't seeing quick results and that led to my impatience haha.
    Then I was planning on evolving all the pokemon in my PC that I hadn't for my pokedex but like i said, i lack the patience at this time.
    However, I will pick it up and continue doing just what I planned. I havent given up on it and I doubt i will, i just need some time to get things done in my active life first (:

But i guess for some people it can seem monotonous and that can come across as unappealing so I understand

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    I know where you're coming from. I've finished the game in less than 15 hours of playtime and after that, I got bored with it all of a sudden. I find the post-game content overly lacking eepecially coming from B/W/B2/W2. After a few more days, I decided to complete the kalos dex. Took me at least 2 days and then decided to complete the national dex as well. Still doing that at the moment and with 300+ hours, this is by far my most played pokemon game ever.

Last edited:

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • Yea the post game is rather lackluster. Although ever since I've discovered the joy of breeding Pokémon that's all I do in XY lately. And waiting for Pokébank.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I haven't been doing much as of late on my Y version. I've stopped my X version for now until I get my shiny Aron but I'm just taking a break for a while. I've been keeping myself preoccupied until the bank comes out by playing my other games (Mostly Monster Hunter 3) so I'll survive.
    I still wish there was more after game stuff to do.... (Hopefully we get that in the next installment in the Kalos games.)

Years
  • I play it on and off.. Y I mean. I got X about a month ago, barely touched it. Naturally, I don't "force" myself to play it if I don't want to, it's usually when I'm listening to a podcast or something that I break out my 3ds and work on breeding some random pokemon (Currently trying to get a decently IV'd Magic Bounce Zatu)

Thats about the extent of my Pokemon Gaming these days.. breeding and Wonder Trading/GTS .. it gets a bit boring... maybe when I legit start fighting people, maybe it will rekindle things for me a bit more.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I personally find this game pretty exciting and I only got one badge. There's even a lot to do before post game. I've honestly done more Pokemon Amie than actual gameplay, but that's what makes it so enjoyable for me. I'm sure once I admit it is rather easy, but every Pokemon game I've played has has been easy . Though having the EXP Share on doesn't make leveling up two times faster and then causes Pokemon to be a bit overleveled. But that's why I turned mine off after a while. It's not that hard of a concept to get. While I really haven't delved into the storyline, it's already intriguing me. I don;t see how people find this game boring, maybe you just got to do certain things like Amie and Friend Safari more. There seems to be more to do than people make it seem. Though I'm only at Camphrier Town so I can't fully judge. But even that far in and I'm really enjoying it. That should say something.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah, I find the game can be hard to play sometimes, especially with the lack of Post-game variety.When I got the game, I put about 60 hours into it, and had a great time, getting good IV pokes and such. Then, I got my Xbox One and was having a blast with that, and I didn't bother playing Pokemon Y as it was getting boring. Then, after Christmas, my Xbox One broke & had to be replaced (took 2 weeks). At that point, I went back to Pokemon Y and was having a BLAST! I was once again breeding Pokes, having fun Online, trading away Immunity Gligar (for fair deals, like a Cyndaquil) and overall, the experience was fresh! Now, I've hit the hiatus point once again. When PokeBank comes out though, I shall once again be driven to Pokemon. :)

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
    Years
  • Yeah pokemon anime is ok but I can't do that for over a cpl minutes at a time, and I don't get why everyone wants another Kalos game I'm ready to move on from this gen but I understand there will be a a but idk if ill that right away especially with all the garbage surrounding the bank and how underwhelmed I am with x/y to
    begin with

Back