• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here play any music instruments?

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I play the flute and the piano. I've been playing the piano since I was 3, and I hate it. >=3

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
  • Whats your skill?
    How long you've been playing?
    Are you planning to go pro or do it for living?
    Do you take class or are solo learner? (like me :P)

Well I play guitar, been playing for around 3 years, I'm good enough to p lay some complicated songs (Van Halen, Guns N' Roses etc.) Well right now I play in a band and sing. I take a class, and teach myself so yea, and I do plan to go pro.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Ever since I started 4th grade I think it was..Yeah, well down on LI I wanted to play the bells, so I played those for about a year and a half. Then in 5th grade we started to learn how to play the drums on that little pad thingy they always give you to practice on. Then I had moved upstate and learned that it was a bit different up here, and there was much more choices offered in the percussion section, so I got into playing the snare, then base, then all the other small things (like the triangle, symbals, etc.)

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I have been playing percussion in a marching band for two years, after the summer i will start my third, i am fluent on the Snare, Bass, all cymbols, Tympani, Xylaphone/Bell Kit, and Quad Set. Its a school band(quite small but we get the job done:D) and i dont know exactly where but i am between 1st n' 3rd chair in the Percussion section.

I am also learning Guitar on the side, but its nothing serious. I got a Superman logo'd Fender Stratocaster. I crack the book and strum for an hour or two every once and a while when i find time.

Offtopic: 100th personal post

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I play a bit of piano, though i can't read music, i know quite a few songs. Usually I can play a song if I hear it. No, I don't ever plan on making money out of this :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I used to be able to play the saxophone and flute. I haven't since 5th grade though, so I am not positive that I can still play.

I am learning how to play guitar now and then I'm going to attempt learning piano after that. :D

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
  • I know how to play with the Electric/Acoustic Guitar, and the Drums. I can play a few songs, like Blacken the cursed sun from Lamb of God. I only do it for fun, i'm not interested in fame or any of that other crap >.<

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • ...That's awesome, dude. You should really get back to playing the sax.

Haha. I'm really going to some day. I was really good at it, but my school quit offering the class and I never got to play it again because the music store down the road never offered sax lessons, which sucked.

I wish I hadn't given it up, but one day soon, I'll be able to play again. :D

I really want to learn to play the guitar better though. I'm horrible. >:

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • OMFG! Yes!

Whats your skill? Mmm, Trombone, piano, a little baritone, any mallet percussion instrument
    How long you've been playing? 5 years trombone, few months for baritone, piano is around eight years give or take, and mallet percussion three.
    Are you planning to go pro or do it for living? Heh, heck no. Real musicians are barely paid anything unless you're in the Phil Harmonic or something. It's more of a hobby than anything.
    Do you take class or are solo learner? School band all the way, although, baritone I'm teaching myself.

bbkid

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    I play bass. Its like my only hobby besides Pokemon and running track XD so I take pride in it.

There is a video of my band playing "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden on Youtube but since I haven't made 15 posts here yet, I can't post it haha.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I play concert percussion and Jazz & Rock Drumset.

Ambex

It's like my thumb is my co-
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    I play the clarinet. xD It's an amazing instrument and I love playing it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    Whats your skill? Guitar/Drums/Vocals
    How long you've been playing? Guitar - 8 years. Drums - 6 years. Vocals - Forever.
    Are you planning to go pro or do it for living? I'm in 3 bands, and one actually tours! :D
    Do you take class or are solo learner? Solo learner. The hell is the point to pay someone to teach you?

Back