• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone miss Arbok and Weezing?

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    Although I have nothing bad to say about Carnivine, Seviper, Mime Jr, and Yanmega, I do miss the old folks. But I miss ALL the old pokemon, specially Arbok, Chimecho and Bayleef (ups, she was from Ash not TR XD).

I don't think they'll appear again, but I have faith though :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Again I really do not miss Arbok and Weezing too much, but Dustox, I miss. I feel as though Dustox just had more of a personality and character than Yanmega does right now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Victreebell was one of the originals that's right.

Original as in featured in Kanto? Sure. But Victreebell (however you spell it) wasn't originally with them. He caught it as a Weepingbell, but he caught it off-screen. Another Pokemon where this happened was Brock's Zubat.

Years
    Yep, totally miss Arbok and Weezing. What better Pokémon was there for a group of thieves than a Pokémon that could fill the entire area with smoke and incapacitate your enemies? And Arbok was just cool. One of the best G1 Pokémon, right there. Lickitung was pretty cool, too, but Victreebel was pretty much just for comic relief.I do think Seviper is cool, but I'd prefer Arbok...it makes sense that Team Rocket would have to acquire new Pokémon, though.

How could you hate Team Rocket? I usually enjoyed their scenes...and I always thought they weren't ever given enough credit. I'm watching through the 1st season of the anime right now for the first time in maybe about 10 years, and I've noticed that most of their schemes would have actually worked if they had just waited for Ash and his friends to move away from the area before attempting them; without Ash, TR would have captured tons of Pokémon by now.

I still think the biggest mistake the show made was getting rid of Misty. :-/

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    ..I really do miss them.. I wish that the creators didn't just throw away Pokémon from the previous season and replace them with newer ones.. I want to see the return of Arbok and Weezing!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Original as in featured in Kanto? Sure. But Victreebell (however you spell it) wasn't originally with them. He caught it as a Weepingbell, but he caught it off-screen. Another Pokemon where this happened was Brock's Zubat.

This I know about, yes...I'm glad they evolved it though, except I wish they kept Victreebell a bit longer in the show xD

Years
    Of course I miss them, but actually seviper's voice makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it, so I guess it is fine. Actually, this is correct for all of TR pokemon(especially the cute Mime Jr), so I forgive them.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If I had to answer truthfully and pick one of the original TR Pokémon that I miss the most it would most likely be Arbok, it had a great role in the show and had a lot of personality. I would like to see it reappear [Weezing too] and they show off their new moves. I temperorary reunitation episode, that would be cool to see xD

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    I do miss Arbok and Weezing, and the original Pokemon of Ash, Misty, and Brock, too. I can sort of see why they change the teams so often (show off new characters, etc) but it's still kind of annoying that Ash and co. just... release or give away or give to Prof. Oak all their previous-gen Pokemon. ;_; I like Yanmega, though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ash gives Oak his older Pokémon so they can showcase the newer Gen Pokémon. Same goes for Brock and all. Even Team Rocket, that is the main reason why Jesse and James released Arbok and Weezing for Seviper and Cacnea [Given to Gardenia, to more showcase Carnivine]. xD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Arbok and Weezing were great. They're one of the most memorable things of the classic episodes. Plus, replacing Victreebel with Carnivine sucked. :< The originals are the best, and Arbok and Weezing are the originals. :D

Years
    Victreebel is slightly better than Carnivine, just because the last one is pure ugliness. I hope that TR will get some new Sinnoh pokemon, because right now thier party sucks like hell.

Years
    I don't mind them giving up their Pokémon for a while since they have to showcase the new Pokémon, but I still think they should bring them back more often. Have we even seen Arbok and Weezing since they left?

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I really do miss both of them, I don't think its fair Ash has Pikachu this whole time yet James who was if not closer, just as close in bond with Weezing should of lost him. And Jesse sent Arbok out everytime in battle. Ever since then I have really disliked Team Rocket's pokemon.

Years
    Yeah I really miss them. They really went with James and Jesse, idk lol. But I wish they still had them.

Back