• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Apricorn Thread

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    So as you know, Apricorns were a big part of the original Gold and Silver games.

And as you probably also know, in a screenshot from the latest Coro Coro magazine, we got a pic of Kurt's House who happens to be known as the "Apricorn Man". And outside of his house, there is an Apricorn tree!

So, what do you think the deal is going to be with Apricorns? Will we be able to get the same special pokeballs that we were able to get in the originals like the: Love Ball, Level Ball, Friend Ball, Moon Ball, Lure Ball, and Fast Ball? Or do you think that because of compatability issues we will get normal pokeballs?

*EDIT* Apricorns have been confirmed for Heart Gold and Soul Silver! The player will be given a special Apricorn Case in which they will be able to collect and grow Apricorns on the go! You will also be able to use Apricorns to make Pokéjuice, which will boost a certain stat for the different mini games.

Here are some questions made by GymLeaderLily:

Which Apricorns do you think you'll be using the most?

Do you have a favorite Apricorn ball?

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I read a Coro-Coro scan, a few minutes ago that just flew in to my house via Milk Delivery, saying they will be replacing Apricorns with Floppy Disks. Instead you find these hanging on trees and you can go to Silph Co. and they will give you a free DVD Player that you can use to watch your favourite scenes of Ash losing to trainers.

WTF!?! what is this junk?

Years
  • WTF!?! what is this junk?

I believe it's a little thing called a "floppy disc." They were used before what is being used now. They were used to save files. However, recent computers don't have a slot for them. ;)

If you were talking about "what are Apricorns?"

They are these weird fruit shaped things that are used to make Pokeballs. Kurt makes them especially. He resides in Azalea town. He only makes 1 per day.

(I'm kidding. ;))

I think they should have Moon Ball, Friend Ball, Love Ball, etc. I don't want them to replace the old ones with the new fangled ones. Back in my day you used a Love Ball to catch a Pokemon of the opposite gender, or used a Fast Ball to catch a quick Pokemon. Nowadays, these young whippersnappers use a Quick Ball instead. They know nothing of the Moon Ball. They call it a "Dusk Ball." We didn't have classy names like that for our Pokemon-catching devices back in our day. We had real Pokeballs.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I don't think we will be getting those balls ,I think we will get balls like the quick ball, heal ball,ect.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Haha wow I'm glad you think of pokeballs that way Eggie Poo Poo, but seriously..

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I totally agree! I really dont like the newer balls that much but the old ones are just so unique that they have to be included.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I hope the good old Heavy Ball comes back, you know when I was just a little boy we couldn't go around throwing your fancy Master Balls around at every legendary we found, we had to use our good old Heavy ball, since all the legendarys were pretty heavy.

I hope it doesn't take a whole day to make one ball again

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • I think using the old balls might cause compatibility issues, although it could be fixed by simply not allowing you to trade back apricon-made balls.

Still, I think we'll be getting the new ones. :/

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yay for Kurt's balls? XD

I just think they'll have subs for the old balls. Once again, compatability is key. You couldn't trade a heavy ball as a hold-item or a pokemon caught with it. It just wouldn't work, unfortunately.

DaAceMan

S h i n o b i
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    But yet it has already been confirmed that not all pokemon will be compatible so it is very possible. Gizamimi is not able to be traded out of the games. Pokemon Platinum already showed that this generation will not be completely compatible. What else could Apricorns make?

Haza(Brothers profile)!

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I've never been big on the nonstandard pokeball types. But chances are the ones available in D/P will be the ones u can get.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I personally never used Kurt. I always used Pokeballs that were bought or found.

Waiting for a different Pokeball when you could buy one instead felt a bit strange to me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    As I stated before, the idea of compatibility is gone out the window. Not every Pokemon is compatible already. New items are introduced all the time (Griseous Orb)!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If a Pokemon is caught in a Pokeball not found in the game it was traded to, it would revert to a Pokeball.

In the data, there are many open slots for new Pokeballs. All of those slots appear as normal Pokeballs when viewed.

So if you traded, lets say, a Lugia caught in a Heavy Ball, It would appear as a Normal Pokeball in D/P/Pt

Most likely, like Platinum Orb(I hate using its English name, "Griseous Orb"), The Pokeballs themselves can be traded between HG/SS(As Platiunum Orb can be traded between Platinums)

Back