• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanine vs Houndoom

Which fire canine do you prefer?

• Total voters

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]So which one would you prefer to be on your team?[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The way they battle could be a factor, strategies and stats or just purely how they catch your eye as in design and concept...[/FONT]
    Arcanine vs Houndoom
    [FONT=&quot]

So which Flaming Hound grabs you...?[/FONT]

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Arcanine over Houndoom because it got Wild Charge and Close Combat in Gen V. It also has a more majestic design than Houndoom.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    My favorite out of those two would have to be Arcanine. I've used Houndoom before on the game; it's not that bad. I'm hopping to use Arcanine later on in the feature. On top of it; I like it's stats and design better then Houndoom.

Loophoo

Heads will roll.
    Years
    Tough choice but Arcanine.
    It looks celestial and reminds me of Azlan from Narnia. I just love the design and I love how it's a pseudo legendary.

Houndoom is really cool though. Close contest.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
    Arcanine, because Houndoom's Pokedex entries will make you piss in terror.

Besides, I wouldn't mind having a dog that can break the sound barrier.

In the pokedex, it says the howl of a Houndoom will make others run and hide in fear, while the howl of an Arcanine will make you kneel and worship.

They're like opposites, and could see them as natural rivals in the wild.

Especially if an Arcanine as it travles long distances crosses the territory of a Houndoom pack...fight!

Years
    I much prefer houndoom because it's more vicious and thats exactly what you need in a battle...also, its capable of learning good, new and different type moves!!! just my opinion

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i choose arcanine but i'm a fan of houndoom too. not a fan of that picture of houndoom though. it makes him look constipated and not at all sleek and deadly.

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    it makes him look constipated and not at all sleek and deadly.

Yeah kinda...

Tbh, I've never used either of them extensively (don't shoot!) Whatever Gen I game was growlithe exclusive was the one I hardly played, so Arcanine never got a spot in my team I believe. I think I got Houndoom in collessuem (speeling phail), but didn't use him once I traded him over to Ruby. Not a big fan of fire types, but since Houndoom is based of the black shuck...

Houndoom

Years
    When it comes to designs, it's Arcanine all the way! It's design is really neat and gives it a majestic look. Not to forget that it was originally intended to be a legendary Pokemon. And when it comes to moves and stats, I've had a much better experience with Arcanine than with Houndoom. Sorry Houndoom, but I'm choosing Arcanine over you. (:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I am going to have to go with Arcanine. It's so majestic and not to mention fluffy :3

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    Oh noes!!! Everyone love Arcanine more than Houndoom? I'm actually surprised, I've always thought of Houndoom as one of the coolest looking fire pokemon out there... I know that it has sort of a creepy look to it, I know for sure I would never want to meet it in a dark alley, but I definitely prefer the looks of Houndoom :)

Back