• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
44tim44:

Each Pokemon species in "PBS/pokemon.txt" has three parameters for setting the position of each Pokemon sprite. They are detailed here:

BattlerPlayerY - Specifies the relative position of the back of the sprite on the battle screen. A higher number means the back sprite is placed lower on the screen.
BattlerEnemyY - Specifies the relative position of the front side sprite on the battle screen. A higher number means the front side sprite is placed lower on the screen.
BattlerAltitude - Specifies how far from the ground the front sprite is placed, that is, this value will be higher than 0 if the sprite has the appearance of being suspended in the air. A higher number means the front sprite is placed further from the ground.

AtlantianTokRa:

Check if you see "onWildPokemonCreate" in the script section PokemonField. If you don't, then you must upgrade your Pokemon Essentials version. If you do, I'm afraid I can't help you further.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Just wondering if there is a way to write an event where it randomly selects a certain thing...
EX: You speak to someone, and he says something random every time..

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Xray:

That's easy. Use the Control Variables event command. Here's an example:

Code:
@>Control Variables: [0001] = Random No. (0...3)
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 0
  @>Text: Hello, this is text number 1.
  @>
 : Branch End
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 1
  @>Text: Hello, this is text number 2.
  @>
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 2
  @>Text: Hello, this is text number 3.
  @>
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 3
  @>Text: Hello, this is text number 4.
  @>

I hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
AtlantianTokRa:

Check if you see "onWildPokemonCreate" in the script section PokemonField. If you don't, then you must upgrade your Pokemon Essentials version. If you do, I'm afraid I can't help you further.
thanks, i'll try upgrading. althouh i was sure i was using the latest version

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
how could i make it so that an item mimics a trade to make a pokemon evolve, i.e. you use the item on machoke and it evolves but if you use it on scyther it doesn't evolve unless metal coat is equipped

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Poccil, On the triple triad thing, where can I add cards, and stuff?

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
a few more questions:
In the script PokeBattle_Battle there is a section on snag balls. how do i use them?
How can I make a single pokedex for several regions? (it is technically one region but it's so big i had to break it up into smaller maps)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Use the following script to evolve a Pokemon as though it were traded (pokemon refers to a PokeBattle_Pokemon object). (The script would appear as a Script event command, assuming the variable pokemon was defined beforehand in that same Script event command.)
Code:
 newspecies=pbTradeCheckEvolution(pokemon)
 if newspecies>0
  evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new
  evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)
  evo.pbEvolution(false)
  evo.pbEndScreen
 end

Snag Balls are a special type of item which I have only just documented in response to your request. Please see the documentation online under the section "PBS/items.txt", field 9.

In the normal case, the Pokedex will change depending on the current region. There is a method named "pbGetPokedexRegion" in the script section PokemonPokedex which will determine which region (mode) the Pokedex will be in. However, other than the suggestion for changing the background depending on region (which is commented out in the script section PokemonPokedex), there is no mechanism implemented for the user interface that would change the Pokedex mode.

Xray:

There is no mechanism for adding Triad cards. Cards can only be bought. See the events in the Pokemon Center.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Hey poccil, Do you think you can tell me how to change the lv, name, hp bar, and health shown on the battle box when you encounter a pokemon or trainer so it all fits in the box

picture.php

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
so any ball defined as a snag in items.txt ball will be able to catch any trainer pokemon. But then some of the script in the snag section is pointless unless the maker wants every single trainer pokemon to be catchable, yes?

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
44tim44:

Each Pokemon species in "PBS/pokemon.txt" has three parameters for setting the position of each Pokemon sprite. They are detailed here:

BattlerPlayerY - Specifies the relative position of the back of the sprite on the battle screen. A higher number means the back sprite is placed lower on the screen.
BattlerEnemyY - Specifies the relative position of the front side sprite on the battle screen. A higher number means the front side sprite is placed lower on the screen.
BattlerAltitude - Specifies how far from the ground the front sprite is placed, that is, this value will be higher than 0 if the sprite has the appearance of being suspended in the air. A higher number means the front sprite is placed further from the ground.

Thanks, Poccil, but this doesn't work the way I want,
really...
Because, this way you can't move the Xposition of
a Pokemon, and I want ALL Pokemon to be moved
the same amount upwards and leftwards.

I hope you can help me.

//44tim44

Years
tried downloading the october 4 08 version of pokemon essentials. I'm pretty sure that's correct file to open up is game.rxproj right? When I open it up it gives me an error saying "Failed to Load Actor Data". I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just the wrong file. Also, I'm using Windows Vista if that might effect it, i'm not sure. By the way, yes, I do have RMXP. I'm trying to open up the file basically so I just want to know how to access it.

Please someone answer I really wanna know how to open it up.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
@Poccil, I realised that 5 mins. after that post XP

Anyways.. I think it would be a great idea for a future released, for it to be possible for a second Pokedex.. I had plans to have a Regional & National Pokedex.. Seeing as it's not possible yet, I guess that plan wont follow through :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back