• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Its in the notes. Ctrl+F "Particle Engine" and you'll find everything you need to know.

If you haven't noticed, that doesn't say how to make one, like I asked.. 0_0' But thank you for trying..

WTF.
My scripter and I were trying to get a much better menu into the game.
Of course, this messed up update won't allow that. It worked fine on his because it wasn't updated. Why is this one worse than the old one? Is there something in those annoying scripts that's disallowing the custom script to work? Someone please tell me. Because we added this to Scene_Map under def call_menu:
Code:
     $game_temp.menu_calling = false
     $game_player.straighten
     $game_map.update
#    sscene=PokemonMenu_Scene.new
#    sscreen=PokemonMenu.new(sscene) 
#    sscreen.pbStartPokemonMenu
     $scene = Scene_CustomPokemonMenu01.new
of course Scene_CustomPokemonMenu01 is the class name so we can't figure out what went wrong.. I'm very frustrated.

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
---------------------------
Pokemon DawnRuby Version
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError

Game_Event_:8:in `initialize'

Game_Event_:8:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'

Particle_Engine:541:in `initialize'

Game_Map_:55:in `new'

Game_Map_:55:in `old_setup_neoM7'

Game_Map_:54:in `each'

Game_Map_:54:in `old_setup_neoM7'

Neo Mode 7 Part 2:156:in `setup'

PokemonMap:573:in `setup'

PokemonLoad:318:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Any fixes? This is because I'm trying to get Neo Mode 7 to work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Hey! I'm getting an ERROR I can't figure out:

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
Name must consist only of letters, numbers, and
underscores and can't begin with a number.
File PBS/trainers.txt, line 1

Compiler:815:in `pbGetConst'
Compiler:850:in `parseTrainer'
Compiler:1272:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:1270:in `loop'
Compiler:1331:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:3525:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636

I made a new Trainer type and trainer, everything worked just fine until I deleted the trainer in the trainers.txt file. Because I wanted to give him some other Pokémon, but now I can't start my game or the Editor.

I've tried to type in exactly what stood there before, but no luck.
Please help:)

Thank you

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
That problem may be caused from where you havn't deleted
the event that calls the trainer type you deleted. And if you wanted
to give the trainer new pokemon just edit what pokemon they have
in the editor. If you havn't got an event that calls the deleted trainer
then I'm not really sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
That problem may be caused from where you havn't deleted
the event that calls the trainer type you deleted. And if you wanted
to give the trainer new pokemon just edit what pokemon they have
in the editor. If you havn't got an event that calls the deleted trainer
then I'm not really sure.

I did delete the event:/ Thats the weird thing.
And when I start the Game.exe file I get another error:

Code:
Script 'PokeBattle_Trainer'line91:NameError occurred.
uninitialized consant PokeBattle_Trainer::PBSpecies

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Hm, I not sure how to describe this error, it's more like... a bug or w/e... anywho. I've started on editing the battle scene for my game and I've changed the EXPGAUGESIZE along with the coordinates. (speaking of which, does anyone know how to make this bar appear thinner. It's bulkiness kinda clashes atm.) Anywho, whenever a PokéMon gains experience, instead of the bars increasing in length, it will jump backwards and end in a place shorter of the designated distance than where it started. However, when I enter a new battle the bar is at the place it should be (in other words, the blue is longer). Does anyone know what I'm missing that would cause this?

Oh, and also, in the same area, I've been playing around with the HP Gauge X and Y coordinates. It appears as though it edits both the enemy and player HP gauge and I can't fix one's location without messing up the other. Does anyone know if I've overlooked anything or what I need to do to fix this?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hm, I not sure how to describe this error, it's more like... a bug or w/e... anywho. I've started on editing the battle scene for my game and I've changed the EXPGAUGESIZE along with the coordinates. (speaking of which, does anyone know how to make this bar appear thinner. It's bulkiness kinda clashes atm.) Anywho, whenever a PokéMon gains experience, instead of the bars increasing in length, it will jump backwards and end in a place shorter of the designated distance than where it started. However, when I enter a new battle the bar is at the place it should be (in other words, the blue is longer). Does anyone know what I'm missing that would cause this?
I vaguely recall having a problem like this way back when I fiddled with it in my game.

Ah, found it! In PokeBattle_ActualScene, go find the def pbEXPBar. In there are the following lines:

Code:
  if exprange!=0
   startexplevel=(tempexp1-startexp)*[COLOR=Red]128[/COLOR]/exprange
   endexplevel=(tempexp2-startexp)*[COLOR=Red]128[/COLOR]/exprange
  end
Replace those two numbers with PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGESIZE. That should solve it. It's an oversight on poccil's part.

As for the height of the EXP bar itself, the height (in pixels) is the red number in the line:

Code:
   self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,@spritebaseY+expGaugeY,self.exp,[COLOR=Red]4[/COLOR],PokeBattle_Scene::EXPCOLOR)
The method fill_rect uses the arguments "X-coordinate", "Y-coordinate", "width", "height" and "colour" in that order. Everything else is calculated or uses words, but the height uses a number, which may be why you overlooked it.

Oh, and also, in the same area, I've been playing around with the HP Gauge X and Y coordinates. It appears as though it edits both the enemy and player HP gauge and I can't fix one's location without messing up the other. Does anyone know if I've overlooked anything or what I need to do to fix this?
Both the player's and the enemy's boxes are constructed in the same way, so the HP gauge will appear in the same place on either. You haven't overlooked anything.

Immediately after the following lines (in the refresh part, where all this stuff is drawn), add something like the bit in red:

Code:
  hpGaugeX=PokeBattle_Scene::HPGAUGE_X
  hpGaugeY=PokeBattle_Scene::HPGAUGE_Y
  [COLOR=Red]hpGaugeX+=42 if @battler.index==0 || @battler.index==2[/COLOR]
  [COLOR=Red]hpGaugeY+=17 if @battler.index==0 || @battler.index==2[/COLOR]
This will move the bars around only for the player's Pokémon (the amount moved is 42 and 17 in the example above). Remember to also shift the HP numbers (125/211) and whatever else you want as well, using the same "if" clause.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2010
Hey all, is there a way to visually show a Shadow Pokemon's progress towards purification? As far as I know, the only way to check right now is from the text in Summary - e.g. 'The door to its heart is starting to open'.

Thanks for any answers

EDIT: Having another problem. I made a Shadow Abra with the Shadow Blitz attack, but in battle it says it has no moves and can only use Struggle, and in the attack menu it says it has Shadow RUSH (the attack description for Shadow Rush there is '121') ... what's going on?

Desperately need help with this.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I'd hate to sound like an 00ber n00b, but is there a way with the basic Pokemon Essentials to have the mother save money like in G/S/C/HG/SS? Thanks.

Years
I can't seem to find whereabouts in PokeBattle_ActualScene the viewport is handled. I have gone through all of the viewports I could find in it, none of which edited what I needed to edit. I have moved every other scene (Summary, Option, the Overworld Map etc) so it fits in the custom wrap-around skin I made, but I just can't seem to change PokeBattle_ActualScene. I'm also having the exact same problems with the message system and title screen where I cannot find the viewports. Usually its Viewport = Viewport.new (x,y,w,h)...

Just a re-post of a previous question...

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Hey guys,
I am wondering how can you change the background of the bag depending on the sex of the player. You know like in the regular games.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Why can't Pokemon Essentials use Background sounds? O__O This is more of a suggestion than a question, but it would really make the experience of Pokemon the best it can be. I've heard that Poccil excluded it to make the kit the closest thing possible to the Pokemon Game Engine, but doing that was more of a drawback! I want to re-implement this feature in myself, so would there be any way to do that?

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
@Maruno: Thanks a lot man.

@Soul.//Silver: I'm not sure, I'll take a look and see if I can find anything later and either edit this post or make a new one.

@Gregora: Wichu made a simple bank system for essentials ages ago. It should be in this thread... I think it was somewhere on...page 54? Although, it was only for savings, you'll have to edit it some more if you want your mom to actually spend the money and buy stuff.

@Blitz: You're just gonna have to delete the Audio.dll in the folder and it'll revert back to normal. Just realize that background sounds carry over from map to map, so if you don't want the sound of crackling fire in the middle of a lake, set it to have the map play a different bg sound, or set it to automatically play and then select (none). Or, you can select a sound and set it to 0 volume too.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
Hm, I've got another problem/possibly a bug. But I can't "attach" my maps together anymore o.O
I got to test play, press F9->Visual Editor-> F5..and when I type a command it dosen't respond. It only responds to X, and C.
How do I fix this problem? D:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I can make a Dependent event and stop it following you, but is there anyway to then use it as an event on the new map? E.G.

Dependent -> go to new map, talk to event -> Dependent character walks off.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Edit: I found the problem and fixed it. It was a very noob-ish problem. -_-

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hi i have problem, when i battle with pokemon and i win then my pokemon dont get the exp points how can i fix it?
I using version from 7 may 2010

EDIT:
Never mind i fixed that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
how can i change the names of the pokemon? if i change them in pbs/pokemn.txt nothing happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back