• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Now whenever I create the mom event in the beginning and she walks back to her table after her speech, she just disappears! I put the controls self switch "A" =ON and on event page number 2 the self switch is on "A". I don't want her to disappear!
    Did you put : wait for the move's completion after your moving event?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Can somebody help me? Im still having trouble with the rival. I battled him and it is time for him to go somewhere and dissapear you know, but he just won't go anywhere! He keeps saying what i wrote on Endbattle comment and stays still! Help please!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    Can somebody help me? Im still having trouble with the rival. I battled him and it is time for him to go somewhere and dissapear you know, but he just won't go anywhere! He keeps saying what i wrote on Endbattle comment and stays still! Help please!

Can you provide a picture of the Event Screen, as well as the Event Layer of the map?

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    May I have some step by step instructions on how to create a rival? The Pokemon Essentials wiki is very confusing.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    When you've compiled the game to fill in the event commands for the rival, delete the comments you put in. Then edit the part where he says his EndBattle piece and add in some move routes or whatever to make him go away. Finally, set that event's Self Switch B to ON, and create a new event page that's blank and depends on Self Switch B being ON.

It's (relatively) basic RMXP stuff. The important part here is to make sure you delete those comments once you've used them, because they'll just erase any changes you make if you don't.

May I have some step by step instructions on how to create a rival? The Pokemon Essentials wiki is very confusing.
    As I recall, the wiki has all the Essentials-related information on rivals. Things involving making the rival automatically choose the starter that's good against the player's, or making them show up from off-screen in certain places, is RMXP stuff, and isn't covered by the wiki. Go learn how to use RMXP.

Do you have any comments on the wiki's Rival page other than "very confusing"? "Very confusing" doesn't exactly help us improve the article, you know.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    I have no comments. I just need step by step instructions.

How do you set a global variable or a global switch?

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
    I have no comments. I just need step by step instructions.

How do you set a global variable or a global switch?

I didn't set any Global Anythings when I made Green's Event (Mainly because his name is unchangeable).

As for the Wiki Article, it took me a bit of time, but I figured out what it was saying. The article is a bit confusing for beginners, especially if they don't know how to program switches or variables. But aside from that, I couldn't really point out what could actively be changed on the page to make it easier to understand.

Also, what exactly is it you need help on understanding to make the rival work? The Naming screen or the battles aspect?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    ok ive been trying to add whirlpool as a hm that can be used outside of battle but every time i try to test it in game i get this error

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbWhirlpool' for Kernel:Module

***Full script:

Kernel.pbWhirlpool

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `eval'

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

if someone can explain how to fix this it would be appreciated x.x

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
    Uhm, I have a question that wasn't really answered before (Well, it was, but it seems to be disproven?) Well, earlier I asked "Why does my game keep lagging?" And I got the answer that it could have something to do with my computer. The thing is, I was playing another game made in RPG Maker, Raptor EX (To see if it was my computer or not), and the game was running smoothly. So, are there any reasons as to why my game is lagging really badly?

To give an example of how bad it lags, it skips every two seconds or so when playing.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    I have an error while i took a step, i inserted Essentials DS' script of Luka's into here, and it gave me an error:
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError

PokemonField:1135:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PokemonField:1172:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player_:430:in `update_old'

Walk_Run:77:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `update'

Scene_Map:60:in `loop'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    I tried the "TEST TRAINER" at Debug and it gave me this error too:
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError

SpriteResizer:327:in `set'

SpriteResizer:388:in `initialize'

PokemonField:539:in `new'

PokemonField:539:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonTrainers:405:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PokemonDebug:483:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug:276:in `loop'

PokemonDebug:495:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonMenu:224:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Any person helps will get a cookie.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    I have an error while i took a step, i inserted Essentials DS' script of Luka's into here, and it gave me an error:
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError

PokemonField:1135:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PokemonField:1172:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player_:430:in `update_old'

Walk_Run:77:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `update'

Scene_Map:60:in `loop'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    I tried the "TEST TRAINER" at Debug and it gave me this error too:
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError

SpriteResizer:388:in `initialize'

PokemonField:539:in `new'

PokemonField:539:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonTrainers:405:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PokemonDebug:483:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug:276:in `loop'

PokemonDebug:495:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonMenu:224:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Any person helps will get a cookie.

It would help if you tell us what code of lukas' you tried to put in.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I'm trying to create some new moves for my fakemon, which are called Siren Song and Witch Song.
    Siren Song is a special water attack that not only attacks the user with a power of 90, but also decreases its special defense by two levels. The problem is: I can't figure out how it works, although I tried.

The same problem for Witch Song. It is some sort of 'fire spin' attack that causes the pokémon to fall asleep and hurts it a bit every turn.

This is what I've got:
    Spoiler:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    When you've compiled the game to fill in the event commands for the rival, delete the comments you put in. Then edit the part where he says his EndBattle piece and add in some move routes or whatever to make him go away. Finally, set that event's Self Switch B to ON, and create a new event page that's blank and depends on Self Switch B being ON.

It's (relatively) basic RMXP stuff. The important part here is to make sure you delete those comments once you've used them, because they'll just erase any changes you make if you don't.
    Thanks dude, it works! :DDDD

Btw, how to animate the vs bar?

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
    I encountered a problem, and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have the encounters set for my one map, Route 1, and I've checked and double checked - even triple checked - and the encounters are set. I've even checked to see if the terrain tags are set properly, and those are set properly, too. The problem is, I can't pick up any wild Pokemon on that map. I've even checked with Sweet Scent, and it returned the message "There appears to be nothing here..."

And for visual aid:
    (Warning: Large-ish picture)
    Spoiler:

So, yeah. I don't get it :/ Anybody know how to fix it?

Edit: On further inspection, it seems NONE of the Land Encounters are working, not even those on Test Map. I'm going to assume Water ones are also screwed up (Though, Cinnabar's worked when I tested them the other day...), and ask again: Does anyone know what may be wrong? I have absolutely no clue.

Last edited:

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I'm trying to create some new moves for my fakemon, which are called Siren Song and Witch Song.
    Siren Song is a special water attack that not only attacks the user with a power of 90, but also decreases its special defense by two levels. The problem is: I can't figure out how it works, although I tried.

The same problem for Witch Song. It is some sort of 'fire spin' attack that causes the pokémon to fall asleep and hurts it a bit every turn.

This is what I've got:
    Spoiler:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

This ^

AND
    I've resized my screen, but I have no idea how to fix the battle screen.
    It looks like this:

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

I want to move the HP boxes to the corners and put some distance between the sprites.. Does anyone know how to do that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back