• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    No matter what I do, neither of those options are working for me.
    You receive any error message or the effect won't show up after some tests?
    Let's try to test the reverse thing: change "user.pbConfuse(target)" to "pbConfuseSelf"

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    The effect won't proc, no crashes. I'll test that.

I have:
    Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:HYSTERIA) && self.pbRandom(10)<3 && 
          user.pbCanConfuse?(false)
       pbConfuseSelf
       pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} confused {3}!",target.pbThis,
          PBAbilities.getName(target.ability),user.pbThis))
      end

Still no dice...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    The effect won't proc, no crashes. I'll test that.

I have:
    Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:HYSTERIA) && self.pbRandom(10)<3 && 
       pbConfuseSelf
       pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} confused {3}!",target.pbThis,
      end

Still no dice...
    Change the "pbConfuseSelf" to "user.pbConfuseSelf".
    If you are doing the tests correctly I can't think on other solution.

thepsynergist

Years
    I'm testing it by fighting a level 11 Onix. He only has physical attacks. So he's hitting me with Tackle and Bind. Hysteria refuses to activate. I have no idea what's wrong... I changed the code to what you said, still nothing. No idea why it's not working. It's the same code for Flame Body, and Flame Body works...

luxuriate

Original Trainer
    Years
    Wow, I can't believe I missed that part of the tutorial. Thanks FL!
    I ended up disabling it; don't really need it anyway.

I looked all over, but I can't seem to find something on how to match a Trainer's gender (or oppose) accordingly to Player A or B. Hint?

luxuriate

Original Trainer
    Years
    Haha, I meant something different... for instance, I want the Rival to be a girl if the player chooses to be a girl, or to be the opposite, a boy for a girl, etc.

I also noticed, where is the PokeDex?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Haha, I meant something different... for instance, I want the Rival to be a girl if the player chooses to be a girl, or to be the opposite, a boy for a girl, etc.

I also noticed, where is the PokeDex?
    I'm assuming you probably need clarification on what to do after you do what Daedalus said. In the trainers.txt file, you'll want to set up your rival twice. One for each gender. Then using the variable that Daedalus mentioned, check what the value of it is and set up the event to start a trainer battle with the correct rival. You may have to put the two rival trainers on separate pages of the same event, with the page conditions checking the variable. Or, you may be able to put them on the same page in a conditional branch. I'm not 100% sure on how the compiler would handle that though.

thepsynergist

Years
    Hey, Kitsune, any idea on what to do with my custom Pokemon Ability? My friend, CrazyNinjaGuy couldn't figure it out (he hates Poccil's coding structure xP).

luxuriate

Original Trainer
    Years
    Sorry, I'm back so soon but another question: why am I being asked to add a Trainer when I've done everything I needed to in adding a Trainer? I did the proper scripting, I edited in the text files. I even went ahead and added it again, but no difference. I looked all over notes.html, the wiki, and 300 pages of this thread. Headache... Only thing I found similar was around page 50, and that wasn't answered yet... any idea why this is a problem?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Hi!
    Does someone know what is this?

The message goes out always on having trodden on the grass of a route.

---------------------------
    Mapeo
    Exception: TypeError

PokemonRoaming:170:in `[]'

PokemonRoaming:170

PokemonRoaming:168:in `each'

PokemonRoaming:168

PokemonRoaming:162:in `call'

PokemonField:25:in `trigger'

PokemonField:24:in `each'

PokemonField:24:in `trigger'

PokemonField:779:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player_:447:in `update_old'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    Aceptar

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Sorry, I'm back so soon but another question: why am I being asked to add a Trainer when I've done everything I needed to in adding a Trainer? I did the proper scripting, I edited in the text files. I even went ahead and added it again, but no difference. I looked all over notes.html, the wiki, and 300 pages of this thread. Headache... Only thing I found similar was around page 50, and that wasn't answered yet... any idea why this is a problem?
    Make sure you're always using the internal name to refer to your trainers. Also, make sure you're spelling them correctly.

Without knowing what the pop-up message says, I would guess the cause is one of these things.

It's kind of assumed that you do things correctly (correct names, compile all the time, etc.), which is why it wouldn't be written anywhere.

Hi!
    Does someone know what is this?

The message goes out always on having trodden on the grass of a route.
    It looks like one of your roaming Pokémon has a dodgy name. Make sure the arrays at the top of PokemonRoaming are written properly, with commas in all the right places. Remember to use the internal names for Pokémon, which should be all caps and nothing fancy like gender symbols.

Your scripts appear to be very different to the recent versions of Essentials, so it's impossible to guess at anything else.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hey, Kitsune, any idea on what to do with my custom Pokemon Ability? My friend, CrazyNinjaGuy couldn't figure it out (he hates Poccil's coding structure xP).
    I don't blame him. It's a bit messy, and there's not enough comments to really tell you what's going on. Anyways, onto the ability. You have it set up right in the .txt file, so next is the part in PokeBattle_Battle. Replace the red portions:

Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:HYSTERIA) &&
        self.pbRandom(10)<3 &&
        [COLOR=DarkRed]pbConfuseSelf[/COLOR]
        pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} confused {3}!",[COLOR=DarkRed]user[/COLOR].pbThis,
    end
    with user.pbConfuse(target) and target respectively. That doesn't actually do anything yet, as you now need to define pbConfuse(attacker). I set it up like the statuses (confusion is treated as and coded an effect instead of a status inherently) like so:
    Code:
      def pbConfuse(attacker)
        if self.effects[PBEffects::Confusion]==0 && 
          self.effects[PBEffects::Confusion][email protected](4)
          @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Confusion",self,nil)
        end
      end
    It should be pasted in PokeBattle_Effects (I put it just below the pbBurn(attacker) method). I think this will do what you were intending.

thepsynergist

Years
    You are a lifesaver Kitsune. Thanks a bunch, it works flawlessly. The ability is for my fakemon Xiades. I based him off of some of H.P. Lovecraft's old horror creatures, like Cthulhu (looking at him drives you insane). I wanted to have an ability that reflected that. Thanks again, Kitsune.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    It looks like one of your roaming Pokémon has a dodgy name. Make sure the arrays at the top of PokemonRoaming are written properly, with commas in all the right places. Remember to use the internal names for Pokémon, which should be all caps and nothing fancy like gender symbols.

Your scripts appear to be very different to the recent versions of Essentials, so it's impossible to guess at anything else.

I believe that it is the Pokemon Essential of January 2009.

The only thing that I changed some time ago into PokemonRoaming was this:

RoamingAreas={
    #mapa 538 = ROUTE 24 KANTO
    #mapa 539 = ROUTE 25 KANTO
    538 => [539, 538],
    539 => [539, 538]
    }
    # Example:
    # (Species, level, switch number)
    #AL ACTIVARSE SWITCH 148 Y 149 APARECEN LATIOS Y LATIAS EN LOS MAPAS DE ARRIBA AL NIVEL 50
    RoamingSpecies={
    :LATIOS => [50,148],
    :LATIAS => [50,149]
    }
    end

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    You are a lifesaver Kitsune. Thanks a bunch, it works flawlessly. The ability is for my fakemon Xiades. I based him off of some of H.P. Lovecraft's old horror creatures, like Cthulhu (looking at him drives you insane). I wanted to have an ability that reflected that. Thanks again, Kitsune.
    Glad I could help. FL . had it pretty close, and it probably wouldn't have taken 15 minutes if I had payed closer attention to his whole post. I haven't done much with Essentials lately though, so this was a good excuse to try and start again.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Did some searching and I couldn't really find anything that helped.

I set my game resolution by changing the @@width and @@height values in SpriteResizer

Code:
    module Graphics
      ## Nominal screen size
      @@width=256
      @@height=192

I want to go for that zoomed out feeling, Pokemon Forever Lost is the perfect example of what I'm trying to achieve, so I'll use them as an example.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

I assume by design that the $ResizeFactor is what I should be using to achieve this, I set it a few values (0.5,0.25, 2.0) but I couldn't see any noticeable changes.

What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    What you're looking to find is the Width and Height lines in module Graphics but, you need it to remain double the size, so for Forever Lost I used:
    @@width=512
    @@height=384

But you need to go to line 132 or so and change it to $ResizeFactor=1.0 instead of $ResizeFactor=2.0 I think, in the same script.

Atomic Reactor

HourlyTones=[
    Tone.new(-85,-68,-17,68),
    Tone.new(17,-34,-51,17),
    Tone.new(17,-34,-51,17),
    Tone.new(17,-34,-51,17),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(17,-34,-51,17),
    Tone.new(17,-34,-51,17),
    Tone.new(17,-34,-51,17),

but at 8 o clock PM, it still has the evening tint instead of night
    The first time is at midnight right? Or am i off by an hour?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back