• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    How do you make the text box at the bottom of the game screen almost transparent like in Neo-Spriteman's signature?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    How do you make the text box at the bottom of the game screen almost transparent like in Neo-Spriteman's signature?

*facepalm* Have you actually tried to learn how to use anything to do with game dev. before trying to make a game? Either set the transparency within a graphic editor such as paint.net, photoshop etc. Or import the window skins and set the background colour of them to semi-transparent.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Hello, I have a mysterious problem, I cannot seem to make it so that the player cannot walk pass trees.

Screenies:

You've got a couple tilesets, maybe your're not using the right one in the map. like, you have all the passability on one but there's the first one you made that you didn't touch at all and your map's using that one instead. Kinda hard to explain :/

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Look at the pokéballs at the top screen, there a way of this be displayed when opponent send out a pokémon like in official games?
    Anyone know how to do this EVERY time that an opponent send out a pokémon?

Still didn't work. I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong. Here is a picture of the event:

Spoiler:
    Take a look if an event cross over another one, more details in: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6675634&postcount=529

Uhm, I have a question that wasn't really answered before (Well, it was, but it seems to be disproven?) Well, earlier I asked "Why does my game keep lagging?" And I got the answer that it could have something to do with my computer. The thing is, I was playing another game made in RPG Maker, Raptor EX (To see if it was my computer or not), and the game was running smoothly. So, are there any reasons as to why my game is lagging really badly?

To give an example of how bad it lags, it skips every two seconds or so when playing.
    Yes, I have the same problem, the more newer the essentials versions the game is make, the more m/s pause it's have. The Raptor I think's that were making with the 2007 version. I recommend to use the 04/03/10 Essentials Version or disable Night/Day System.
    In other had, the most important thing is the people that will play your game, isn't? The most players PCs don't have this m/s pauses problem.

I'm trying to create some new moves for my fakemon, which are called Siren Song and Witch Song.
    Siren Song is a special water attack that not only attacks the user with a power of 90, but also decreases its special defense by two levels. The problem is: I can't figure out how it works, although I tried.

The same problem for Witch Song. It is some sort of 'fire spin' attack that causes the pokémon to fall asleep and hurts it a bit every turn.

This is what I've got:

560,SIRENSONG,Siren Song,3E,90,WATER,Special,100,10,0,00,0,bef,Beauty,"Hits the opponent with a song so beautiful it causes a disaster. Is most likely to become more powerful with each turn."

561,WITCHSONG,Witch Song,2A,25,DARK,Special,100,5,99,00,1,f,Smart,"The foe is put to sleep by an eerie song. It loses HP because of the bad dreams it gets."

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Try to change the two red fields to, respectively, 100 and 0. The first one can won't work because that the "3E" won't is used for damaging moves. If the second one won't work, try to change the priority.

I encountered a problem, and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have the encounters set for my one map, Route 1, and I've checked and double checked - even triple checked - and the encounters are set. I've even checked to see if the terrain tags are set properly, and those are set properly, too. The problem is, I can't pick up any wild Pokemon on that map. I've even checked with Sweet Scent, and it returned the message "There appears to be nothing here..."

And for visual aid:
    (Warning: Large-ish picture)
    Spoiler:

So, yeah. I don't get it :/ Anybody know how to fix it?

Edit: On further inspection, it seems NONE of the Land Encounters are working, not even those on Test Map. I'm going to assume Water ones are also screwed up (Though, Cinnabar's worked when I tested them the other day...), and ask again: Does anyone know what may be wrong? I have absolutely no clue.
    Maybe you mess something in script. Try to test some of the other enconters types. There a way to detect this. Download the same Essentials version and use a program to compare changes at scripts (like the one used for wikipedia changes)

Use "Change Text Options" one of the firsts event commands. Reading your posts I assume that you isn't familiarized with RPG Maker interface and Poccil notes. I recommend that you create a non-RPG Maker project only to test every event command to discover that every one do and/or using the RPG Maker web tutorials. After that read the "notes" file that come with essentials.

Years
    You've got a couple tilesets, maybe your're not using the right one in the map. like, you have all the passability on one but there's the first one you made that you didn't touch at all and your map's using that one instead. Kinda hard to explain :/
    What? I've tested it out already with a different tileset with only one tree in it and I can not walk pass that either. I don't think it's because I'm not using the right tiles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    What? I've tested it out already with a different tileset with only one tree in it and I can not walk pass that either. I don't think it's because I'm not using the right tiles.

Maybe you have a passable tile over it in the third layer :/

Years
    Nah, the tree is the only tile I have on there actually. Anyways, I'll try downloading essentials again.

EDIT: Seems like it's working after I downloaded it again.

EDIT:The problem is back.

EDIT:It seems to take effect only if I place it in the third layer.

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    Maybe you mess something in script. Try to test some of the other enconters types. There a way to detect this. Download the same Essentials version and use a program to compare changes at scripts (like the one used for wikipedia changes)

I didn't really touch the scripts except for when I tried to alter the Font, which I reverted back to normal because that didn't work. As for testing the other encounter types, water is working perfectly (My assumption was wrong, it would seem). As for downloading the same essentials version, I already have another project being made with that version, and the encounters work fine. Also, what program would I use to compare the scripts (I'm not good at scripting, I try my absolute hardest to stay away from it)

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    I didn't really touch the scripts except for when I tried to alter the Font, which I reverted back to normal because that didn't work. As for testing the other encounter types, water is working perfectly (My assumption was wrong, it would seem). As for downloading the same essentials version, I already have another project being made with that version, and the encounters work fine. Also, what program would I use to compare the scripts (I'm not good at scripting, I try my absolute hardest to stay away from it)

Try setting the terrain tag of the grass to 10 using the Editor. I think the terrain tag you're using is for Grass, not Tall Grass where wild battles appear.

luxuriate

Original Trainer
    Years
    Using Visual Editor, I adjusted for a map I intended to be a Town in order to allow it to be a true Outside map.
    I did not add light or shadow. Upon demo, there was an error. This showed up.

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
    PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
    PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
    PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
    Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: SyntaxError
    (eval):2: syntax error
    5,0),25)
    ^

If anyone can help me understand, it would be greatly appreciated...

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    Try setting the terrain tag of the grass to 10 using the Editor. I think the terrain tag you're using is for Grass, not Tall Grass where wild battles appear.

Even if that was the case, the test map, which has the battles Preset already, has the grass set to Terrain tag 2, and on a vanilla version of Essentials, battles were working.

Regardless, I fixed it (Via maddening shenanigans). I copied the Scripts and EditorScripts out of the Data folder from Vanilla Essentials, and pasted them into my game's Data folder, and it got it working.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Heyall, I'm trying to make a new ability in my old version of essentials. It's called Hysteria, and I want it to get the foe pokemon to get confused when it hits me.

What I tried to do was copy the code for Flame Body, as such:

Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:FLAMEBODY) && self.pbRandom(10)<3 && 
          user.pbCanBurn?(false)
       user.pbBurn(target)
       pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} burned {3}!",target.pbThis,
          PBAbilities.getName(target.ability),user.pbThis))
      end

And replace all instances of burn with confuse

Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:HYSTERIA) && self.pbRandom(10)<3 && 
          user.pbCanConfuse?(false)
       user.pbConfuse(target)
       pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} confused {3}!",target.pbThis,
      end

I added a new line under abilities.txt in the PBS folder of my project and added this:
    Code:
    78,HYSTERIA,HYSTERIA,Confuses the foe on contact.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I could really use the help here.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Using Visual Editor, I adjusted for a map I intended to be a Town in order to allow it to be a true Outside map.
    I did not add light or shadow. Upon demo, there was an error. This showed up.

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
    PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
    PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
    PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
    Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: SyntaxError
    (eval):2: syntax error
    5,0),25)
    ^

If anyone can help me understand, it would be greatly appreciated...
    Take a look at https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages

Heyall, I'm trying to make a new ability in my old version of essentials. It's called Hysteria, and I want it to get the foe pokemon to get confused when it hits me.

What I tried to do was copy the code for Flame Body, as such:

Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:FLAMEBODY) && self.pbRandom(10)<3 && 
          user.pbCanBurn?(false)
       user.pbBurn(target)
       pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} burned {3}!",target.pbThis,
      end

And replace all instances of burn with confuse

Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:HYSTERIA) && self.pbRandom(10)<3 && 
          user.pbCanConfuse?(false)
       user.pbConfuse(target)
       pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} confused {3}!",target.pbThis,
      end

I added a new line under abilities.txt in the PBS folder of my project and added this:
    Code:
    78,HYSTERIA,HYSTERIA,Confuses the foe on contact.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? I could really use the help here.
    At least in my version the method pbConfuse don't exist. If this don't fix, try to test the exactly same way that you activate the Flame Body (contact moves).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    It doesn't, I suck at scripting, any idea what I can do to get what I'm trying to do to work?
    I also aren't good, I can do only basic things. Change the line "user.pbConfuse(target)" to:
    Code:
      user.effects[PBEffects::Confusion][email protected](4)
      @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Confusion",attacker,user)
    Alternatively, before "def pbParalyze(attacker)" in PokeBattle_Effects you can put:
    Code:
    def pbConfuse(attacker)
      self.effects[PBEffects::Confusion][email protected](4)
      @battle.pbCommonAnimation("Confusion",attacker,self)
    end
    I recommend to use the first one.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back