• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
  • No worries about the displaying an image instead of text - I've managed to sort out my problem :)

New question, and my apologies for having so many XD - is there a way to set up a regional Pokédex as opposed to a national dex? And on top of that, is there a way to adjust the Pokédex so that if you press left or right instead of up or down it will scroll up or down ten slots?

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Check the notes on pokemon.txt for how to set up regional numbers, but I think for each pokemon you'd have to do something like this:

386(Nat. num.),12
    Though I'm not sure of the exact placements of the numbers and such

Years
  • Fangking Omega: In the script SpriteResizer, you have to modify lines 11 and 12. The Resolution* script only handles centering the player on screen, as far as I can make out.

Phoenixprime (and the tons of others who get the same error): Try adding this line directly above the line causing the problem (line 1120):
    Code:
          id=0 if !id
    I'm sure there's a better way, but at least it prevents the error.

Zephyr Gale: The line you're getting the error on refers to the Audio.dll file. Check if you have this file first; if you do, then specify more about when the error happens.

And usually, the problem lies with the first line on the list - the others are the lines that line refers to, which may contain an error instead. It's usually best to fix the first line before attempting anything with the rest. Hope I helped!

EDIT: This is what happens when you change the resolution without changing your graphics.
    screenshot048fw7.png

Yeah I have that file.

I tried opening it and it said opening it could damage the program or whatever, so I did, then it told me it(the system) didnt know who the publisher was, So I just selected to use the internet to open the file.

and thats as far as I got.

EDIT: oh yeah, I get this message when I try to do a playing test....

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Been studying the notes but I can't quite get a handle on how to set up a regional dex. I don't quite know how the numbers should be organised in the .txt file - how should they be laid out exactly (and should all Pokémon have a Regional number, including 0 for all the ones that aren't in that particular region?), and how do you actually get the Dex to display them in regional order rather than national order until unlocking the National Dex?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Lorem: Use $Trainer.party[0].iv[0], where the first number is the position in the party (0 to 5), and the second is the stat you want (0 to 5, in the order HP - Attack - Defense - Speed - Special Attack - Special Defense)

Zephyr Gale: You don't open the file. You put it into the folder with Game.exe in it. I don't know why it's not working; maybe your Audio.dll is corrupt?

Fangking: I just looked at the Pokédex script, and as far as I can tell, poccil hasn't implemented Regional Dex into the Pokédex yet. I could have a go at implementing it tomorrow, as I have to get off the computer very soon. Oh, and there's something I want to PM you about.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Which script section would I need to edit to edit the screen which allows you to continue, new game or options?

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • Hello again resident guru.
    Ive return for some aid. I am curently trying to add into the start sequence (when it says "Are you a boy or a girl") 2 .Gif images, of the Heros walking.
    Ive used the command stated in the Notes file (but i belive it is incorrectly implamented)
    As i get this error:
    Error.jpg

The Event gose:
    Wait: 19 frame(s)
    Script: GifSprite.new(swalking), Center, (240,120), (100%,100%), 255, Normal
    Text: Firstly, Are you a Boy or a Girl?

Thanks again for any help your able to provide Wichu :D It is greatly appriciated by all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    In the map 175 of my game this error ocurres

Exception: NoMethodError
    WindowAndTilemap:1120:in `refreshLayer0'
    WindowAndTilemap:1118:in `each'
    WindowAndTilemap:1118:in `refreshLayer0'
    WindowAndTilemap:1116:in `each'
    WindowAndTilemap:1116:in `refreshLayer0'
    WindowAndTilemap:1115:in `each'
    WindowAndTilemap:1115:in `refreshLayer0'
    WindowAndTilemap:1274:in `refresh'
    WindowAndTilemap:702:in `update'
    WindowAndTilemap:1507:in `update'

why?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    ok has anyone got answers for these questions yet?
    1. How can i make a pokemon have a hold item before the player gets it (e.g the starter coming equipped with oran berry)
    2. How can a make a battle that lets you continue with the story even if you lose, like in FR/LG when you battle your rival in Oaks lab after getting your pokemon
    3. Prevent the player from catching certain pokemon (like the ghost in lavender town)

and also
    4. How to allow the player to catch certain trainer pokemon (e.g shadow pokemon)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few things.

1: When I try to do a map connection to a map that is more than a 100 tiles wide I get this error.

Code:

2: Does anyone know how to change the color of the text in the Control explanation screen that is accessed during the beginning introduction. I really want to make it white because the dark colored txt is hard to read on the blue background.

Please and thank you to anyone who may help

Sincerely
    Minorthreat

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • From my observations, Minorthreat0987 and vicotrspvl, you guys have the same error?
    I dont know why, just thought it was interesting :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    I have made an update to Pokemon Essentials today. It includes a fix to the audio library which, I hope, eliminates the problem with background music, as well as small fixes and changes.

I will be maintaining Pokemon Essentials less and less frequently. Please report problems to me as private messages, since I will be busy with other interests I have.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • 3. Prevent the player from catching certain pokemon (like the ghost in lavender town)
    Answer: Create a trainer type, you can't catch trainer pokemon. You would maybe need to do some other scripting though, the same with shadow pokemon, they aren't fully implemented in the game but its possible with enough scripts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm pretty sure it could be relatively easily scripted (not being able to catch a Pokémon). Maybe turning a switch on and off before and after the battle, and either not letting the player use Balls or making the Pokémon break free every time while the switch is on. Or you could set the Pokémon's catch rate to 0 (may cause a problem if the player gets a Master Ball before).

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    1. How can a make a battle that lets you continue with the story even if you lose, like in FR/LG when you battle your rival in Oaks lab after getting your pokemon

2.In the map 175 of my game this error ocurres

why?

3.I like to do one event this?
    When the switch 100 is on, the pok?mon number 01 untill 250 go to the box.
    And the Torchic(if i have) go to the party.
    and, if possible, when the switch 100 is on the pok?mons 01 untill 250 don't be withdraw from the box.

Please answer!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back