• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks i needed that but can you make it so you choose the pokémon you are going to steal? (in a double battle) and is it possible to make it so can only catch a certain pokémon like on colosseum an XD where you can only catch a Shadow pokémon?

there is no easy way to do either without re-writing or adding a decent amount of script. i know roughly what needs to be done but not how to do it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    I can have a go at making it so you can catch a pokemon in double battles, but as for limiting the pokemon you can catch with snag balls that would require too much work, most of which is far too complex for me (if you want to limit it to shadow pokemon. if not then i have no idea how to limit it)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Sorry, I found the line that stops the player from being able to use poke balls in double battles and removing it will allow you to use them, but i can't work out how to allow the player to choose the pokemon to target

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    HM thing : in the beginning of the game call an event which is like this :
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Well first, I keep getting a syntax error when I try to run this script, and secondly, won't this just give the player all the badges right off the bat?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Well first, I keep getting a syntax error when I try to run this script, and secondly, won't this just give the player all the badges right off the bat?
    (i think) you get sytax error because you don't define i you just give it limits. and yes it would be more likely that that script would just give you all the badges
    i think to allow all HMs you need to remove a few pieces of code from Pokemon_Field i'll show you the bit for cut on line 1489(the rest should just be the same)
    Code:
     || $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT]
    without those lines then the game won't check to see whether the player has a certain badge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Poccil or anyone who can help! (But I think only Poccil can)

Could you make the Editor also read OGG files when selecting personal trainer songs in the Trainer Types commanding? Right now it only reads MP3 and MIDI files.

Props.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
  • Poccil or anyone who can help! (But I think only Poccil can)

Could you make the Editor also read OGG files when selecting personal trainer songs in the Trainer Types commanding? Right now it only reads MP3 and MIDI files.

Props.
    I wouldn't think it is possible due to RMXP only uses certain file formats and OGG files only work on RMVX sorry to disappoint you

but if it is possible then do it that way

Years
  • Would someone be able to tell me what this means? And possibly how to fix it?
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Silver Sea
    Exception: NoMethodError

Pokegear:152:in `update'

Pokegear:110:in `main'

Pokegear:107:in `loop'

Pokegear:114:in `main'

PokemonUtilities:954:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene'

PokemonMenu:143:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonMenu:132:in `loop'

PokemonMenu:233:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:183:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:157:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

I'm was trying to add new features to the PokeGear, I got the icons working and I haven't yet created the new features. And it looks like I've hit a road block :(

Can someone please answer my question, cause its causing a road block in the development of Pokemon Silver Sea.

Thanks,
    Destined

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I wouldn't think it is possible due to RMXP only uses certain file formats and OGG files only work on RMVX sorry to disappoint you

but if it is possible then do it that way

OGG works fine in RMXP... I prefer it over MP3, as it loops better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    OGG works fine in RMXP... I prefer it over MP3, as it loops better.
    Exactly. In the legal version of RMXP it works fine.

Ok well, it's not really necessary I found out, since you can edit it in the PBS folder -> Trainers

========

One question regarding screenfading. The change screen tone option doesnt always work, is that correct? Because when I used it in a scene it worked, but when I implemented it with 'teleporting' (transfer player to map) it doesnt work at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Did you put a Wait command after the screen tone change? It doesn't wait for the screen to finish fading automatically.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Did you put a Wait command after the screen tone change? It doesn't wait for the screen to finish fading automatically.
    Look at that, it works. Turns out I have to put the Wait command after the screen turns dark, and also after the screen turns normal...

Thanks a lot!

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
  • I have found a part of a script which lets you choose the Target or opponent but i don't know how tomake it work during a double batle (Linking to my snag ball in double battles)
    it is under te script

PokeBattle_ActualScene

line 2084 - 2128

so how would i put this script in?

Years
  • Can someone (like poccil) tell me if there is anything wrong with this PokeGear script that I edited to try and add new features? Its in a spoiler because of its size.
    Spoiler:

And this is the error I'm getting when I try to get into the PokeGear when I'm in-game.
    Pokemon Silver Sea

OK

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps me.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
    Years
  • Can someone (like poccil) tell me if there is anything wrong with this PokeGear script that I edited to try and add new features? Its in a spoiler because of its size.
    Spoiler:

And this is the error I'm getting when I try to get into the PokeGear when I'm in-game.
    Pokemon Silver Sea

OK

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps me.
    First have you got all the images need for the pokégear?
    Second have you got the Scripts for notepad digitl clock etc?
    third nice idea adding more stuff to the pokegear :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back